Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    The main concerns with Hurt are going to be strength and defense. It sounds like he is a willing defender but has issues with quickness, especially laterally.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Should be Alarie!
    Horvath!

(Am I doing it right?)

There are some questions for this season.I do predict we will shoot better than last years team.Especially from 3.Crossing my fingers.Im super excited we got another season of Tre Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyoung18 View Post
    I do predict we will shoot better than last years team.
    Last year’s team was (by far) Duke’s worst 3-point shooting team ever (since they invented the 3-point shot, anyway). So I sure hope this year’s team shoots better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Last year’s team was (by far) Duke’s worst 3-point shooting team ever (since they invented the 3-point shot, anyway). So I sure hope this year’s team shoots better.
    We have Joey Baker. I heard the kid can really stroke it

I am always excited for basketball season.

And i like going to soccer games, too

Go Duke.

Now back to the thread.
    Last edited by stedge; 08-22-2019 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    We have Joey Baker. I heard the kid can really stroke it
    Yeah it’s only too bad we didn’t have Joey Buckets available last year. If only we could have convinced him to skip his senior yr and matriculate a year early...

Quote Originally Posted by lotusland View Post
    Yeah it’s only too bad we didn’t have Joey Buckets available last year. If only we could have convinced him to skip his senior yr and matriculate a year early...
    Definitely could have used some shooting last season. 😀

Quote Originally Posted by whereinthehellami View Post
    The main concerns with Hurt are going to be strength and defense.
    Strength probably, but we'll see if defense is a weakness for Matthew.

I've scouted him as a quick-reacting, good defender. Now I could be wrong obviously but here are my series of posts about this anyway in case you're interested.

I hope his strength is not a weakness.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!
    I am excited for this season because if this group can coalesce, it could become a great team. The members of this year's team seem to be closer together in terms of individual talent than in the last few years where there were a few guys with extraordinary talent among other good players which tilted the attack. Teams that can hurt you equally from all positions are harder to defend or prepare for. I thoroughly enjoyed last year to the bitter end, as I do every season. Last year's cast of characters was particularly appealing though. This year's group could be very interesting IF they coalesce similar to the way the 2010 guys did. To me the excitement for the next season can get a bit dulled by a tough end to a great prior season, but by the end of the summer...I'm all in! Let's go! Yes, I know - Alabama etc. first, but then...

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I hope his strength is not a weakness.
    So Hurt is less of a "Moose" and more of a "Mouse"?

tumblr_p7ggsu0ORs1qzd6kwo1_400.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Reddevil View Post
    I am excited for this season because if this group can coalesce, it could become a great team.
    No need to bold; this is DBR, not IC or Rupp Rafters... Vocab words are always understood and appreciated, but then again I might just be a pertinacious homer

Wherever the wind blows and the leaves dance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Strength probably, but we'll see if defense is a weakness for Matthew.

I've scouted him as a quick-reacting, good defender. Now I could be wrong obviously but here are my series of posts about this anyway in case you're interested.
    I missed your previous posts on this, sounds promising. I'd settle for not being a defensive liability. And i don't mean that as a knock on Matthew, it is going to be a big ask for him to hang with some of the bodies he will be up against as a 19 year old. I think we are gonna really like his offense. Words used to describe his offense are smart, skilled, and efficient.

I see him as a definite starter unless he is just getting Iso'd on defense. In which case we might see more Javin in there.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishDevil View Post
    So Hurt is less of a "Moose" and more of a "Mouse"?

tumblr_p7ggsu0ORs1qzd6kwo1_400.jpg
    As long as he is not allergic to cake.

Quote Originally Posted by slower View Post
    I have to be honest with you.

After the insane hype and the major disappointment of the past 3 seasons, I'm just not psyched up (yet) for this coming year. And maybe that's a good thing. Maybe some of us need diminished expectations to really enjoy the season. Maybe we need to not EXPECT a championship - at least, not to the crazy level that surrounded these previous teams. I hope our guys get a chance to fly (relatively) under the radar, so that we're not totally crushed if they get ousted before the Final Four, and so that we can be wildly ecstatic if they do make it there.

And no, I have not yet watched the Michigan State game. Nor may I ever.
    Yesterday I realized that I had no clue what this year's team will be like. Are we more likely to witness an Austin River's-type season, or a Tyus Jones-type season?
    We do have the savvy point guard all the great Duke teams feature, but is the supporting cast up to the level of those guys like Scheyer and Tyus had around them?