Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Proxy sporks? I suppose its better than sympathy sporks.
    Or virtual sporks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Pure speculation on my part but perhaps we will see some two TE formations where the second TE (Gelotte) is more like a sixth offensive lineman to facilitate the power running game.
    I remember at some point us lining up a TE like a fullback for blocking as well.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Duke Captains announced:

Your team captains ⤵️

🔷 @qharris18
    🔷 @zsb69
    🔷 @trehornbuckle_5
    🔷 @AmbitiousQ15
    🔷 @__DS7
    🔷 Edgar Cerenord

goduke.us/2L1FGvH | #GoDuke
    Nice!

Translation for those not familiar with the Twitter handles (most of them are fairly obvious, but still):

Quintin Harris
    Zach Baker
    Tre Hornbuckle
    Koby Quansah
    Dylan Singleton
    Edgar Cerenord (guessing he's not on Twitter )

I remember at some point us lining up a TE like a fullback for blocking as well.
    Yep. With Deon Jackson and Brittain Brown being the two proven playmakers I am all for anything that gives them an opportunity to break into open space.
    Bob Green

Yep. With Deon Jackson and Brittain Brown being the two proven playmakers I am all for anything that gives them an opportunity to break into open space.
    I can't honestly remember if we started doing it to improve run blocking or to fix pass protection problems (or both), I just remember it happening sometime during Cut's tenure. It does make me miss Tielor Robinson, our last true fullback as far as I can recall. Those were dark times, but that was a hard-nosed dude. Made excellent use of him in the old NCAA Football games.

Wasn’t that at the “delayed by weather” game at Ga Tech a few years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by TruBlu View Post
    Wasn’t that at the “delayed by weather” game at Ga Tech a few years ago?
    Very well might have been. It was definitely a while back, and seems like we only broke it out for a game or two.

From SportsLine from CBSsports: https://www.cbssports.com/college-fo...orth-carolina/

Another one of the 2019 Week 1 college football predictions from the model: No. 2 Alabama (-34.5) covers against Duke. The Tide should be on a mission after getting embarrassed in last year's national title game. On the opposite sideline, the Blue Devils will be adjusting to life without start quarterback Daniel Jones, who was picked No. 6 overall by the New York Giants in the 2019 NFL Draft.

SportsLine's model projects almost 400 yards of passing for Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa as he launches another Heisman campaign, while running back Najee Harris goes off for close to 150 on the ground. The Tide hold Duke to just two scores and cover in almost 60 percent of simulations. You can also back the over (58.5) because the model is calling for 61 combined points.

The odds I don't try to drink all your beers are somewhere between slim to none.
    I think autocorrect got me when I Zporked you. Noticed it as I hit enter. dd not ad!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Cut show starts tomorrow.

One week until kickoff!

I missed this one yesterday...

Jim Looks at Duke Place-Kicking:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...devil-football

Duke’s first fall 2019 scrimmage was open to the media. Reed made two of three field goals, Ham one of two, all within 40 yards. It wasn’t bad but it wasn’t perfect and Duke wants perfect.
    Bob Green

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I like this prediction from Pat Forde.

Notre Dame (4) will lose twice in November to unranked opponents. The Dash previously wrote about the difficulty the Fighting Irish have awaiting them with six games at an open-date disadvantage. That will catch up with them late in the season, when healthy and rested bodies are at a premium. Notre Dame has four straight November games at a rest/prep disadvantage: Virginia Tech, at Duke, Navy and Boston College. They’ll lose two of them — or perhaps one and the season finale at Stanford.
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/forde-y...041102253.html

Of course, Duke is not included in those predicted losses, since we'll be ranked by then.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Of course, Duke is not included in those predicted losses, since we'll be ranked by then.
    Plus, A. J. Reed is still on the roster...

(yes, we were there)
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Plus, A. J. Reed is still on the roster...

(yes, we were there)
    We won in South Bend, so I see no reason why we wouldn't win at home.

Just gotta find the "Eat Me" cake costume, it's been in mothballs for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    We won in South Bend, so I see no reason why we wouldn't win at home.

Just gotta find the "Eat Me" cake costume, it's been in mothballs for awhile.
    Well, Devildeac, OldPhiKap, Stray Gator and Sage Grouse were there with family -- maybe we need a reunion at Duke.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Well, Devildeac, OldPhiKap, Stray Gator and Sage Grouse were there with family -- maybe we need a reunion at Duke.
    "...Send lawyers, guns and money..." And beer, too.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    "...Send lawyers, guns and money..." And beer, too.
    It may have to happen. That was a great place to see a game, and I hope we are half as hospitable to their fans in Durham as they were to us up there.

Sammy Batten at the Fayetteville Observer has written a solid Duke football preview:

https://www.fayobserver.com/sports/2...to-2019-season

Two major reasons for that optimism are the return of a proven commodity to replace Jones in senior Quentin Harris and eight starters back on a defense that might have the best secondary in the entire Atlantic Coast Conference.
    And in juniors Deon Jackson and Brittain Brown, Harris will have one of the league’s best running-back duos to work with.
    Bob Green

Jack Sears has entered the transfer portal... he had fallen to 4th on the USC QB depth chart.