Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

3) Concern that the following year (2021) will really be a rebuilding year as we graduate a lot of key contributors.
    It seems as though we go into every year saying "it will be a rebuilding year" (including the current season)...so when are we no longer rebuilding and actually competing?
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    It seems as though we go into every year saying "it will be a rebuilding year" (including the current season)...so when are we no longer rebuilding and actually competing?
    Right, hence some of the pessimism that's going around about the state of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    Our offense will carry us to victory!!!...ND won’t even see it coming..😈😈
    It has been invisible at times...
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post

2) Lack of optimism that we will be much better next year than this year, with questions at QB, and DL...
    I have not given next year too much thought but QB and DL will have questions. Whoever wins the QB job will have extremely limited to no playing time.

There are some big losses along the DL including Edgar Cerenord, Trevon McSwain and Tre Hornbuckle.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I have not given next year too much thought but QB and DL will have questions. Whoever wins the QB job will have extremely limited to no playing time.

There are some big losses along the DL including Edgar Cerenord, Trevon McSwain and Tre Hornbuckle.
    Gunner will essentially have no playing time, but he will have two years in the program soaking up as much as he can about the Duke QB position. I think he'll be ready to go next year. Sure I wish he could've played some this year, but the year was not a total loss. He is a smart young man and I'm sure he's soaking it up.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Gunner will essentially have no playing time, but he will have two years in the program soaking up as much as he can about the Duke QB position. I think he'll be ready to go next year. Sure I wish he could've played some this year, but the year was not a total loss. He is a smart young man and I'm sure he's soaking it up.
    As well, I have all of the confidence in the world in Ben Albert to school the young DL’s into a formidable force

Curious, is it a given that Gunner will start next year over Katrenick if both healthy? Also, no other likely candidates?

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Curious, is it a given that Gunner will start next year over Katrenick if both healthy? Also, no other likely candidates?
    No. I'm sure it will be wide open.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    I believe Gunnar Holmberg is considered the front runner but I do not believe it is a given. As for other candidates, 4* recruit Luca Diamont will certainly be in the mix.
    Bob Green

I believe Gunnar Holmberg is considered the front runner but I do not believe it is a given. As for other candidates, 4* recruit Luca Diamont will certainly be in the mix.
    Thanks, will make for an interesting Spring game, particularly if Diamont enrolls early.

Not to throw Q Harris under the bus, but he has been a bit up and down, so the best of the other three QB options might not be much of a downgrade. DL seems pretty deep with young talent and the rest of the positions could be pretty good.

Don’t forget young Mr. Spurrier. He’ll be a redshirt freshman. I understand his dad was a pretty good quarterback! LGD GTHc!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Don’t forget young Mr. Spurrier. He’ll be a redshirt freshman. I understand his dad was a pretty good quarterback! LGD GTHc!
    HAH...I would surmise young Mr. Spurrier was going to either Duke or Florida...and which one would indicate what kind of prospect he is...

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    Gavin Spurrier is not likely to be in the QB mix.

Jack Wohlabaugh out indefinitely

Adam Rowe reporting:

https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/stat...10564480110593
    "Duke Football starting center Jack Wohlabaugh out indefinitely after undergoing ankle surgery today, David Cutcliffe announced"

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ery-138468068/

Sucks. OL already having trouble.

Unrelated thing I read is that Sage Suratt of Wake out for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post
    Adam Rowe reporting:

https://twitter.com/AdamRoweTDD/stat...10564480110593
    "Duke Football starting center Jack Wohlabaugh out indefinitely after undergoing ankle surgery today, David Cutcliffe announced"

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ery-138468068/

Sucks. OL already having trouble.

Whoa! Bad news. Who was the other player from the OL, IIRC, that looked like he had a "major" injury Saturday night?

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Whoa! Bad news. Who was the other player from the OL, IIRC, that looked like he had a "major" injury Saturday night?
    That was Kraeling. It looked bad, like a possible ACL, but Jim reported on Monday that we hadn’t heard anything since.

Quote Originally Posted by jwillfan View Post

Link?
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Link?
    All over the twitterverse from Wake beat writers.

Quote Originally Posted by SavDukeGrad View Post
    That was Kraeling. It looked bad, like a possible ACL, but Jim reported on Monday that we hadn’t heard anything since.
    Thanks!