Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Duke football 2019

First day of fall practice today, so time to move on from off-season. It is no longer off-season.

I'll have more on opening day after I take care of a few things. Later today.

But the biggest news was not good news. Mark Gilbert had more surgery. Same with running back Marvin Hubbard. Cutcliffe described both as "cleaning up" after major surgeries but said he could not offer a return date for either.

More later.

Horrible news re Gilbert - big blow to our secondary. Speedy recovery Mark. You have to wonder if he'll ever play again for the Devils.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    First day of fall practice today, so time to move on from off-season. It is no longer off-season.

But the biggest news was not good news. Mark Gilbert had more surgery. Same with running back Marvin Hubbard. Cutcliffe described both as "cleaning up" after major surgeries but said he could not offer a return date for either.

More later.
    that's maybe not awful, but not good either...as for offering a return date, if he had one he wouldn't tell anyone anyway.

Anxiously awaiting. Your football notes are pure gold.
    Bob Green

Anyone know when the Alabama tickets are going out?

Getting excited!

GoDuke article on the first day of practice.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    GoDuke article on the first day of practice.
    http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...DB_OEM_ID=4200
    Money quote from Quentin Harris:
    Redshirt senior Quentin Harris

“We are confident in our body of work,” commented Harris. “We know the kind of work that we have put in through the offseason and now moving into camp. We are confident in ourselves and our abilities. We are going to take it week by week. We do expect to win. You never expect to lose. We always talk about championships around here. Our goal is to get to an ACC Championship first and then hopefully get into the College Football Playoff as well. We have established a winning culture in my time here. We expect to make it to bowl games each year.”
    We all saw he had a nice touch on the long balls last season when he subbed for Daniel. Having heard the interviews he gave over the last month or so, I'm excited to see him lead our team this season. We're going to shock the world in Atlanta!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Anyone know when the Alabama tickets are going out?

Getting excited!
    Keep the stubs. They will become collector's items. Just sayin.
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 08-02-2019 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Working my way through a bottle of rye...just sayin.

I'll have more on opening day after I take care of a few things.
    I'm unsure how much question and answer access you will have to Coach Cutcliffe this month but any information on the offensive line in general and left tackle specifically would be appreciated. An updated health status on Jaylen Miller and development progress of true freshman Jacob Monk would be interesting information. Same for Patrick Leitten, Casey Holman and Jacob Rimmer.

Improved performance by the offensive line will be critical this season.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I'm unsure how much question and answer access you will have to Coach Cutcliffe this month but any information on the offensive line in general and left tackle specifically would be appreciated. An updated health status on Jaylen Miller and development progress of true freshman Jacob Monk would be interesting information. Same for Patrick Leitten, Casey Holman and Jacob Rimmer.

Improved performance by the offensive line will be critical this season.
    Miller was healthy at the end of last spring. Monk is still at right tackle and is competing with Kraeling for a starting spot. Holman is in the mix. Rimmer is close to 100 percent, Leitten is not. Wohlabaugh, Santos and Chambers still the interior starters.

To Bob Green and Jim - I have enjoyed your reports and opinions on Duke Football for years. I will continue to read as this season approaches. Thank You for your viewpoints and insite. May all of our good wishes turn into Touchdowns !

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    To Bob Green and Jim - I have enjoyed your reports and opinions on Duke Football for years. I will continue to read as this season approaches. Thank You for your viewpoints and insite. May all of our good wishes turn into Touchdowns !
    Ditto!!

Trippo!!

Where can I find a current roster of the 2-deep? I found this but it's dated 5/29/19

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...art/duke/90406
    Last edited by CameronBlue; 08-05-2019 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Holy jamoly this team is young, 8 SRs or RS/SR's out of 44 players

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Where can I find a current roster of the 2-deep? I found this but it's dated 5/29/19

https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-footbal...art/duke/90406
    The Devils Den Premium had a look, but they said it was mostly based on the post Spring practice view of things. Cut doesn't dispense info too lavishly, so I wouldn't be surprised to see little before the Bama game.

Dr. Pangloss - Candide

My hopes for the season are for everyone to be healthy after the Alabama game, and 6 wins for bowl eligibility.

After that, its all upside.

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    My hopes for the season are for everyone to be healthy after the Alabama game, and 6 wins for bowl eligibility.

Yes, six wins would be a very good (and for me unexpected) accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Position Preview - Running Backs
    Arguably our most talented position. If Deon Jackson and Brittain Brown stay healthy, I expect both to be very productive this season. The delayed return of Marvin Hubbard could open the door for true freshman Jaylen Coleman to earn some carries especially considering the changed redshirt rules.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post

Dittos...^^