Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Gen-U-Wine paper tickets in a spirally notebook kind of format...a keepsake for the ages, that's what we get every year...
    I buy cheap season tickets and give away most of them to various families. If tix disappear, I'm gone too.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil549 View Post
    Just saw Dorian Mausi 6-2 215 OLB from Detroit did commit...don't have any other info and really don't worry about the Stars that recruiting services had out. However he did have a couple of Power 5 offers.
    Where are you seeing this commit? I do not see anything in the usual places.
    Bob Green

Crystal Ball prediction of 100%

I think I jumped gun as it is my understanding he announces today so not a verbal yet...my bad as the kids say.

Offers from Colorado State, Mich State and Indiana.

Jim Sumner article up on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...e-wade-stadium

As a fan that loves a team that can run the football, I am always interested in offensive line news. Jim provides plenty in this article so give it a read.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    Jim Sumner article up on the front page:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...e-wade-stadium

As a fan that loves a team that can run the football, I am always interested in offensive line news. Jim provides plenty in this article so give it a read.
    Thanks for the suggestion/link. That is indeed a very worthwhile read and I'm encouraged by the quotes.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I rarely take issue with Jim. He's terrific. And maybe, just maybe, I'm taking issue with the headline writer, who is suggesting that the NC State game in 1983 was Duke's best football comeback of all time.

Whatever. But if we are talking all time great comebacks, I nominate the October 6, 1962 comeback against Florida. The game was played in Jacksonville and was only on radio, which I at first disgustedly listened to in my dorm room. In the first half, Duke could do nothing and was down 21-0. But then the worm turned. The 1962 team was really very good, later turning down a post-season invitation to the Gator Bowl. But on this day behind the dual QBs of Walt Rappold and Gil Garner, the running of Billy Futrell, Mark Leggett and Jay Wilkinson, (not to mention someone named Mike Curtis ) the Devils mounted a comeback, but more importantly the defense shut out the Gators. Eventually, the Devils won the game 28-21.

But the game and its greatness has been forgotten because hardly anyone saw it. If it had been played in Durham, people would remember. Mists of time and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    I rarely take issue with Jim. He's terrific. And maybe, just maybe, I'm taking issue with the headline writer, who is suggesting that the NC State game in 1983 was Duke's best football comeback of all time.

Whatever. But if we are talking all time great comebacks, I nominate the October 6, 1962 comeback against Florida. The game was played in Jacksonville and was only on radio, which I at first disgustedly listened to in my dorm room. In the first half, Duke could do nothing and was down 21-0. But then the worm turned. The 1962 team was really very good, later turning down a post-season invitation to the Gator Bowl. But on this day behind the dual QBs of Walt Rappold and Gil Garner, the running of Billy Futrell, Mark Leggett and Jay Wilkinson, (not to mention someone named Mike Curtis ) the Devils mounted a comeback, but more importantly the defense shut out the Gators. Eventually, the Devils won the game 28-21.

But the game and its greatness has been forgotten because hardly anyone saw it. If it had been played in Durham, people would remember. Mists of time and all that.
    Great memory. Thanks.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post

A.I don't do the headlines. Julian does.

B.The headline in question indeed ends with a question mark.

Back to your regular programming.

Fabulous article by Jim Sumner - Duke Football Progress Report. Lots of great info. Thanks Jim.
    https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...hZMnYrJHG19e4M
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

DAMN!

@BlueDevilNation
    ·
    16m

SMH. Godspeed and recovery -- Duke sophomore wide receiver Jake Bobo underwent surgery on Friday to address a fractured right clavicle suffered during Thursday’s practice. He will be out of action indefinitely.

Dr. Pangloss - Candide

It seems we cannot catch a break on the injury front the past few seasons. This is not the type news I desired to read this afternoon.
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    DAMN!

@BlueDevilNation
    ·
    16m

SMH. Godspeed and recovery -- Duke sophomore wide receiver Jake Bobo underwent surgery on Friday to address a fractured right clavicle suffered during Thursday’s practice. He will be out of action indefinitely.

Bummer. I imagine he'll be back, but that means we're going into the season with a receiving corps who caught all of 16 balls last year (36 if you include Noah Gray at TE).

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    DAMN!

@BlueDevilNation
    ·
    16m

Whenever I open a Duke preseason football thread I expect to see bad news. This is so typical of the last few seasons. Bobo was going to be so important on special teams as well as the clutch receiver.

Oh well, maybe he’s back by early October?

It seems we cannot catch a break on the injury front the past few seasons. This is not the type news I desired to read this afternoon.
    Does anyone know how this situation compares to that of DJ last season? Wasn't it a similar injury?

Unhappy

Actually, Duke is catching lots of breaks. That's the problem.

Major bummer. Get well soon!

Nice photo of true freshman running back Jaylen Coleman:

Jaylen Coleman.jpg
    Bob Green

Do we still have those BMEs on the roster to 3D print a collarbone brace?

Quote Originally Posted by richmclean View Post
    Do we still have those BMEs on the roster to 3D print a collarbone brace?
    Clark and Kevin have both graduated, but one may be at Duke Med School.