Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Green View Post
    I can't read the last couple N&O articles you have linked. They ask me to purchase a SportsPass to view.
    Good to know. I live in Raleigh and I am a subscriber so I guess that's why I could access. Sorry.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I can't read the last couple N&O articles you have linked. They ask me to purchase a SportsPass to view.
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Weird. I read the article and it didn't ask me to purchase anything. Good article. I always enjoy reading Wiseman (and Sumner)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    Good to know. I live in Raleigh and I am a subscriber so I guess that's why I could access. Sorry.
    FWIW, I am not a subscriber and had no problems reading the article. I'm pretty sure the N&O is free but limits the number of articles that can read by non-subscribers. Had you read any other N&O articles before clicking on those links? You may have just hit your limit. Whenever that happens to me at work I just switch browsers and usually the articles will open fine in the different browser, so you might try that.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    You may have just hit your limit. Whenever that happens to me at work I just switch browsers and usually the articles will open fine in the different browser, so you might try that.
    Thank you. I'm reading the article now using IE (Firefox is my normal browser).
    Bob Green

“Alabama inside linebacker Josh McMillon is likely out the upcoming season after suffering a knee injury at the team's scrimmage Saturday, reports AL.com's Matt Zenitz.

“The Crimson Tide already lost freshman running back Trey Sanders to a season-ending foot injury.”

https://www.si.com/college-football/...tes-likely-out

I had no trouble reading the most recent article, and although the sportspass ad appeared in the middle of this piece, I was able to continue reading.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Weird. I read the article and it didn't ask me to purchase anything. Good article. I always enjoy reading Wiseman (and Sumner)
    Did you mean *drinking* WiseMan?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Sorry to read about the injuries to these two Crimson Tide players in particular...best of luck in regard to their recovery. I also want them to be as close to full strength as possible when we play them. I don't want to hear any Alabama fans complaining when we pull off the big upset that they would've won had everyone been healthy 😉.

P.S. - old news but can't express how sorry I was to hear the bad news about Jake Bobo. I can't wait to see him back on the field...heal quickly, Jake!

This is Duke day on David Glenn show

I predict that if we beat both Alabama and Norte Dame that we will have a winning season and go to a bowl
    Brazen prediction I know I know....But....

Quote Originally Posted by tteettimes View Post
    I predict that when we beat both Alabama and Norte Dame that we will have a winning season and go to a bowl
    Brazen prediction I know I know...But...
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by 4Gen View Post
    This is Duke day on David Glenn show
    What did DG say about Duke...

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    What did DG say about Duke...
    I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast later, but Harding and Shumate filled in for DG on Duke Day per his twitter.

I think DG and his family are across the pond for a bit. I have always thought that having the various university days while he's out in the summer was a pretty smart move.

This Adam Rowe scrimmage article states true freshman Jalon Calhoun (5'11" 185) is currently the starter at slot receiver. Calhoun will wear #5:

https://247sports.com/college/duke/A...ncy-134397864/

"He's been tremendous," said Cutcliffe. "He's as good of a natural football player as we have. He comes to work everyday, almost runs himself in the ground everyday. He was a quarterback in high school. He's just a pure playmaker. With Jake Bobo out at that position, he had earned second team at that position by then. That's why he as in the starting role tonight."
    Bob Green

Good news for this year's prospects - I just saw Offensive Coordinator Zac Roper interviewed on twitter and has grown a beard. Fear the beard is real.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by chrishoke View Post
    I just saw Offensive Coordinator Zac Roper interviewed on twitter...
    Here is the video clip:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1161256604051750914
    Bob Green

Good news from Steve Wiseman:

@stevewisemanNC
    Duke's David Cutcliffe said redshirt freshman QB Gunnar Holmberg had knee surgery today to repair cartilage damage. Surgeon found meniscus was only partially torn. Repair was made. No timetable for recovery. Long-term prognosis good.
    Bob Green

Stephen Wiseman

@stevewisemanNC

Duke's David Cutcliffe said redshirt freshman QB Gunnar Holmberg had knee surgery today to repair cartilage damage. Surgeon found meniscus was only partially torn. Repair was made. No timetable for recovery. Long-term prognosis good.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Steve Wiseman article on the young players competing for spots in the 2-Deep rotation:

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/...233962877.html

Freshmen players are all over Duke’s two-deep chart, earning playing time with the first- and second-team units on offense and defense when the Blue Devils held their first scrimmage this past Saturday night at Wallace Wade Stadium.
    Bob Green

Jim Sumner on the receivers:

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com...evils-football

Nice comment on the importance of a healthy Aaron Young:

Young has been healthy so far this fall and caught a 34-yard scoring strike in the first scrimmage. He is Duke’s most experienced receiver and most effective deep threat. His continued good health would go a long way towards an effective passing attack.
    Bob Green

Great article, thanks Bob. I love the competition and the depth and improvement that it will hopefully create. It is a little surprising given that our recruiting class was considered to be pretty pedestrian. It seems that Cut is pushing and motivating this team differently this year. Given our schedule, that makes sense.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide