Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1630
    Quote Originally Posted by superdave View Post
    Duke was his last visit in Mid October. He's being recruited directly by Scheyer. No crystal ball predictions have been made or flipped the last several months.

The only downside for him would be if one or both of Moore or Griffin would stay for next year.
    One of the 247Sports National Insiders had placed a crystal ball pick for Mitchell to UCLA with a confidence level of 5. That happened 4-6 weeks ago. I think it was Brandon Jenkins. His crystal ball pick has been removed. It's all Duke now. Seems like a good sign.

FWIW, I think Mitchell pairs very well with either Lively or Filipowski in the frontcourt. There should be 25-30 MPG for each next season, too.

Quote Originally Posted by azzefkram View Post
    I think it's 4pm tomorrow.
    D'oh. Thanks for your reading comprehension and willingness to share

Quote Originally Posted by brlftz View Post
    Since there's no "Welcome" thread, I'm assuming it wasn't us
    Pays to read the fine print.

It's not looking very good

Quote Originally Posted by Pghdukie View Post
    It's not looking very good
    Why do you say that?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    One of the 247Sports National Insiders had placed a crystal ball pick for Mitchell to UCLA with a confidence level of 5. That happened 4-6 weeks ago. I think it was Brandon Jenkins. His crystal ball pick has been removed. It's all Duke now. Seems like a good sign.

FWIW, I think Mitchell pairs very well with either Lively or Filipowski in the frontcourt. There should be 25-30 MPG for each next season, too.
    Fingers crossed for 4 pm today...

From what I can gather he is a 3/4 combo forward, athletic but not a great outside shooter. Pretty good defender. Next year's team has Dariq Whitehead at the 2/3 and Filipowski at the 4/5 so it seems like he would fill a need, though it is still TBD whether any of Moore/Keels/Griffin/Baker return. We could play a really big lineup again with Lively, Filipowski, Mitchell, Whitehead, and Roach.

Even though he lists four schools, most think it's a battle between us and UCLA. Landing him would give us four top-15 players which is pretty incredible for Jon's first class, though I still worry about having enough veterans around them.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    From what I can gather he is a 3/4 combo forward, athletic but not a great outside shooter. Pretty good defender. Next year's team has Dariq Whitehead at the 2/3 and Filipowski at the 4/5 so it seems like he would fill a need, though it is still TBD whether any of Moore/Keels/Griffin/Baker return. We could play a really big lineup again with Lively, Filipowski, Mitchell, Whitehead, and Roach.

Even though he lists four schools, most think it's a battle between us and UCLA. Landing him would give us four top-15 players which is pretty incredible for Jon's first class, though I still worry about having enough veterans around them.
    If Mitchell commits, Duke is going to be huge next year (arguably bigger than this year).

Lively will start. That's a no brainer. Dariq is starting too. Flip could start, but not sure how Lively/Flip works (it could). Assuming Mitchell comes on board, that's a potentially massive line up.

I am assuming Moore is gone. I am assuming Keels and Griffin are also gone.

So we could hypothetically see a line up with Dariq at the 2, Mitchell at the 3, Flip at the 4, and Lively at the 5. If Moore, Keels, or Griffin stays, then Mitchell or Flip comes off the bench.

But would Mitchell really want to come off the bench?
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    If Mitchell commits, Duke is going to be huge next year (arguably bigger than this year).

Lively will start. That's a no brainer. Dariq is starting too. Flip could start, but not sure how Lively/Flip works (it could). Assuming Mitchell comes on board, that's a potentially massive line up.

I am assuming Moore is gone. I am assuming Keels and Griffin are also gone.

So we could hypothetically see a line up with Dariq at the 2, Mitchell at the 3, Flip at the 4, and Lively at the 5. If Moore, Keels, or Griffin stays, then Mitchell or Flip comes off the bench.

But would Mitchell really want to come off the bench?
    Lively/Flip would work fine. Flip is more of a stretch/combo guy and Lively looks more like a rim runner.

I think with Mitchell, he'll get to compete to start. If he starts, he starts. Hard to believe any of Moore/Keels/Griffin staying at this point.

Lively/Flip would definitely work on offense as Flip has range and plays more like a stretch four. On defense I’m not sure he can guard out to the perimeter. Lively is supposedly an elite rim protector, but we can’t count on Flip getting beaten off the dribble and then Lively just defending two people.

It’s possible one of Flip and Mitchell come off the bench. Hard to say right now when we only have six projected players on the entire roster (the freshmen including Mitchell plus Roach) so it will depend on who else we are able to add.

My concern for next year is PG. It looks like Blakes is the only potential backup to Roach right now and he is getting very sparse minutes. Add to that Roach’s inefficiency on offense with a group of freshmen who do not seem to initiate offense in HS. I am assuming Duke will look at the transfer portal for a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    ... we only have six projected players on the entire roster (the freshmen including Mitchell plus Roach)...
    Seven near-certains, if Mitchell chooses Duke. Five frosh plus Roach and Blakes. Is Roach a near-certain? I don't know. Keels and/or Griffin maybes?

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    My concern for next year is PG. It looks like Blakes is the only potential backup to Roach right now and he is getting very sparse minutes. Add to that Roach’s inefficiency on offense with a group of freshmen who do not seem to initiate offense in HS. I am assuming Duke will look at the transfer portal for a backup.
    Or perhaps Roach makes a leap next year like Wendell Moore has done this year.

That said, I'd not be at all surprised to see us add a transfer of some, given that we'd only have 7 scholarship players (5 freshmen, a sophomore, and a junior) with Mitchell, unless one or more of Moore/Baker/Griffin/Keels decides to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by gumbomoop View Post
    Seven near-certains, if Mitchell chooses Duke. Five frosh plus Roach and Blakes. Is Roach a near-certain? I don't know. Keels and/or Griffin maybes?
    I totally forgot about Blakes, that was my bad.

I'm also holding out a little hope that one of Moore or Keels comes back, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    My concern is a lack of a Theo John type big and true shooting guard.

We'll be long but don't offer a lot of bulk at the moment. And Schutt seems to be the only real SG on next year's roster.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelion View Post
    My concern is a lack of a Theo John type big and true shooting guard.

We'll be long but don't offer a lot of bulk at the moment. And Schutt seems to be the only real SG on next year's roster.
    I expect Scheyer to be pretty aggressive in the transfer portal this spring.

It's Duke!
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Awesome news!

There are 27 recruits listed as 5-star (via 247 sports) in the class of 2022, and 4 of them (just under 15%!!!) are going to Duke.

Just incredible
    Trinity '09

Quote Originally Posted by CameronDuke View Post
    Is this in the running for Duke’s best class ever?
    No.

The Zion, RJ, Cam, Tre class had the #1, #2, and #3 players in the class. Tre was a top 15 recruit too.

Also, it is worth noting that the entire 2022 class is not considered super strong from an historic standpoint. Several of the top players in that class have reclassified and are coming to school a year early, which makes the ranking of our guys look better.

Still, it is a great class and one that will be fun to watch next season! Lots of versatility and skill!
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?