Page 49 of 82 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dev11 View Post
    Does the hair around my jaw count?
    It should.

I for one have just as much hair as I've ever had. It just slid down to the part of my head below my ears.

Paolo has a few words to share with high schoolers that are considering Duke.

New Classification

https://balldurham.com/2021/11/03/du...sible-reclass/

Curious if Foster might come early?

Talk about clickbait. That's taking a throwaway line from an interview and turning it into the headline.

'I guess I could do that, but I haven't thought about it and don't know if it is even possible.'

It's not even worth my time reading that website.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Talk about clickbait. That's taking a throwaway line from an interview and turning it into the headline.

'I guess I could do that, but I haven't thought about it and don't know if it is even possible.'

Not understanding your post and are you quoting something from Foster that he hasn’t thought about transferring? Also, didn’t realize till now that JD King has similar post on DBR, is he just clickbaiting?
    As I dig into this, Jason Jordan thinks it’s certainly possible.

I can't believe Matt Giles found me on here and then took a fight to twitter. FFS get over yourself. You are regurgitating lines from other journalists and passing if off as original reports. It's needlessly creating rumors that have no basis in fact. If you want to write about Duke, conduct interviews with the players, coaches, recruits, etc. Plenty of people on this board and others do that. Here on this board and the others, they trash your writing because you do stuff like this. Ginning up buried quotes is lame and a reason why so few actual Duke fans read your posts. If you want to say something about what I post, respond here.

Here's the line from Jason Jordan - an actual writer - about Foster:

"As it stands, Foster’s time won’t come for another two years, but he left the door open to potentially moving up his arrival in Durham.

The reclass is possible, but as of right now I’m sticking with my class,” Foster said. “I’m just focused on my season and winning GEICO Nationals. That’s the best thing that I can do to be ready when I get to Duke. I want to win a national championship here at Oak Hill and I want to win a national championship as soon as I get to Duke. That’s gonna take hard work, and I’m all in for that.”"

Taking THAT and turning it into a headline is putting words in Foster's mouth. Don't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Not understanding your post and are you quoting something from Foster that he hasn’t thought about transferring? Also, didn’t realize till now that JD King has similar post on DBR, is he just clickbaiting?
    I was paraphrasing the comment, hence the use of ' and not quoting the comment, which would be using ".

Yeah, it is clickbait. JD doesn't do that often, so I give him a pass. Matt Giles makes a career or side hustle out of it and so often being completely wrong and out of touch. If he wanted to be an actual insider, he would do the work.

I can't believe Matt Giles found me on here and then took a fight to twitter. FFS get over yourself. You are regurgitating lines from other journalists and passing if off as original reports. It's needlessly creating rumors that have no basis in fact. If you want to write about Duke, conduct interviews with the players, coaches, recruits, etc. Plenty of people on this board and others do that. Here on this board and the others, they trash your writing because you do stuff like this. Ginning up buried quotes is lame and a reason why so few actual Duke fans read your posts. If you want to say something about what I post, respond here.

Here's the line from Jason Jordan - an actual writer - about Foster:

"As it stands, Foster’s time won’t come for another two years, but he left the door open to potentially moving up his arrival in Durham.

The reclass is possible, but as of right now I’m sticking with my class,” Foster said. “I’m just focused on my season and winning GEICO Nationals. That’s the best thing that I can do to be ready when I get to Duke. I want to win a national championship here at Oak Hill and I want to win a national championship as soon as I get to Duke. That’s gonna take hard work, and I’m all in for that.”"

Taking THAT and turning it into a headline is putting words in Foster's mouth. Don't do that.
    Huh, is this a tirade at me? I’m not a writer or blogger; just Duke alum that tries to read quite a bit about Duke b-ball and football.

Ball Durham is the MASTER of clickbait. Always hits my Google News Feed somehow. Clearly, those headlines bring traffic and work so I guess I can't blame the guy. I used to click them sometimes but now realize it's often news I've already seen elsewhere just with a catchy title.

Note: not talking about this instance as I didn't click it. Just talking generally.

Huh, is this a tirade at me? I’m not a writer or blogger; just Duke alum that tries to read quite a bit about Duke b-ball and football.
    Not you, Arnie. Sorry if that felt like it was directed at you.

Matt Giles read my post and then took it to twitter to call me our or whatever. Extremely classless.

I don't think any player in the history of basketball has ever acknowledged that they plan to reclassify until the day they actually do it

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Ball Durham is the MASTER of clickbait. Always hits my Google News Feed somehow. Clearly, those headlines bring traffic and work so I guess I can't blame the guy. I used to click them sometimes but now realize it's often news I've already seen elsewhere just with a catchy title.

Note: not talking about this instance as I didn't click it. Just talking generally.
    So, you’re saying he is the, uh, master baiter?
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by UrinalCake View Post
    I don't think any player in the history of basketball has ever acknowledged that they plan to reclassify until the day they actually do it
    Not at all true. Plenty of guys talk about it before doing it.
    Here's an article about Jalen Duren reclassifying from 2 months before he announced it: https://thespun.com/more/top-stories...ans-reclassify

If you read enough recruiting interviews you will see the question gets asked all the time. Sometimes it gets ruled out, sometimes the kid will admit he is trying to reclass, and sometimes they give an answer like Foster where they say, "I haven't really looked into it yet but I can't rule it out."

Frankly, unless a kid is openly talking about it or clearly taking steps to get it done (kids who take lots of summer classes are typically looking to reclass even if they do not announce it) then it is just clickbait to suggest it as a real possibility based on a kid giving a, "I dunno" answer.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    QFT. Ball Durham started appearing in my Google news feed a long while back. I clicked through the first couple of weeks but found myself assigning the writing less credibility with each article. Within several weeks I blocked Ball Durham from my feed and I'm confident I haven't missed a single legitimate breaking news story as a result.

I don't have time for media outlets that consistently overpromise and underdeliver. Also, I'm not on Twitter so do your worst.

So, Duke announced the official signing of our 4 recruits today and put out drawings of each of them in a Duke uniform. I am sure I am reading too much into this but...

Dariq Whitehead is shown wearing number 0... which is currently Wendell Moore's number. Is this a sign that Duke does not expect Wendell to come back next season?

Lively is shown in #1, currently Trevor's number...

Filipowski gets #14 (currently unoccupied) while Shutt gets #30, which is Michael Savarino.

I'm sure it is nothing but the numbers that each of these guys asked to be shown wearing, but... well... I just don't want to think about that stuff just yet.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, Duke announced the official signing of our 4 recruits today and put out drawings of each of them in a Duke uniform. I am sure I am reading too much into this but...
    You know what... ignore me. I am reading too much into this.

Whitehead wears #0 for Montverde. It is his high school number and I am sure it is just what he prefers. If he arrives and someone else is already wearing it, I am sure he will move on to something different.

Lively wears #24 on his high school and AAU teams, but when he visited Duke, Kentucky and Penn State, he was pictured wearing #1. Again, I am guessing that is just the number he prefers to be shown in, not a sign of any future prognostication.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    So, Duke announced the official signing of our 4 recruits today and put out drawings of each of them in a Duke uniform.
    They should have put all of them in jersey #22 (for 2022, but also Jay Williams' retired number) and really messed with our heads.

With 24, I hope he is as good as Marin was.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    With 24, I hope he is as good as Marin was.
    Or Johnny Dawkins!
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Mark Mitchell teased that he will be announcing soon via his twitter account. Not much more to say on the matter. The Crystal Ball has been quiet. In interviews after the officials visits during the fall, Mitchell and his family indicated they would make a decision in early-to-mid December. He appears to be sticking to that timeline.

The recruiting battle appears to be between Duke and UCLA with Missouri under consideration as well.

It's interesting that Gonzaga played UCLA in Las Vegas last week and then Duke on Friday night. The Final Four rematch was attended by 13,000 fans. The Duke game was attended by a state record 20,000+ crowd. Vegas is within driving distance of Los Angeles. Of course, Duke fared better in both attendance and outcome. Will they pick up another win on the recruiting trail?