Page 19 of 82 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    And even if the competition *isn't* top tier, that simply puts the kid on par with most high school graduates. I've seen D1 basketball stars play in high school, and most of them have very few peers in their sport when competing against other high school athletes. Go watch old Zion film.

If you've gone this route and don't have fantastically high levels of competition, you do still have a checking account with a million dollars.
    Yeah, no doubt Zion's high school did not play high level competition.

There are other things going on for the better high school players to develop -- most of them play on club teams during the summer in tournaments and playoffs. And the best basketball prep schools are developing their own league.

High school basketball powerhouses set to form national league

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mor...BingNewsSearch

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    The latest recruit to receive an offer is 6'5" SG/SF Jaden Schutt of Yorkville, IL, according to several sources. The suburban Chicago kid is a slightly-built scoring machine with a pure stroke. During his sophomore year in high school, Schutt broke the state record for 3-pointers in a game with 17 (!). Schutt is ranked just outside the Top 100 in most of the recruiting rankings and is currently a 3-star prospect. On the other hand, he holds offers from basically every B1G team and many other high-majors. Duke is looking at losing a lot of wings and could always uses shooters to help space the floor. Is Schutt a long-term fit for the Blue Devils?

Does Scheyer have a clone?? physically looks like a Collins/Scheyer offspring. sweet stroke!

All wings and shooters from the Chicago are look alike.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    All wings and shooters from the Chicago are look alike.
    Hahahaha.
    Yorkville is pretty far out there...I guess it's still an exurb of Chicago. In Illinois, there wasn't much high school basketball competition / it was delayed this past year. I thought actually that many schools had their players wear masks while playing. Although many simply joined travel leagues in IN and WI to continue to be able to compete. I would imagine it was impossible to recruit these guys though as there wasn't much film in high school competition (Illinois did allow basketball in the spring.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    Hahahaha.
    Yorkville is pretty far out there...I guess it's still an exurb of Chicago. In Illinois, there wasn't much high school basketball competition / it was delayed this past year. I thought actually that many schools had their players wear masks while playing. Although many simply joined travel leagues in IN and WI to continue to be able to compete. I would imagine it was impossible to recruit these guys though as there wasn't much film in high school competition (Illinois did allow basketball in the spring.)
    Yeah, was going to say that Yorkville is really pushing it as a Chicago "suburb". But I guess in the grand scheme of things it is close enough to count since it isn't quite straight cornfields either.

Quote Originally Posted by du_bb1 View Post
    Does Scheyer have a clone?? physically looks like a Collins/Scheyer offspring. sweet stroke!
    This guy is an absolutely lethal shooter. With the talent he would be surrounded by at Duke, he would thrive.

Schutt is rated the #3 player in Illinois (2022) but only the #169 player nationally and only the #23 SG nationally.

Yet he has offers from Michigan State and Illinois and he has already visited the Spartans.

I guess the secret is out and Izzo can't be happy.

Need an elite 6’ 5” shooter. I will take two. I thought Baker might get there. An elite shooter in the college game is so valuable. 17 threes in one game. Go get this kid.

We recieved a crystal ball pick for Kyle Filipowski from Travis Branham today. Things are looking good here.

https://247sports.com/User/Travis%20...ort=Basketball

Slight tangent here. I have a question about the 24/7 Crystal Ball picks. Am I correct that these guys can change their predictions right up until the kid actually announces? If so, success rate really means little without knowing how long before the kid committed they made the pick .

Quote Originally Posted by Daddylawman View Post
    Slight tangent here. I have a question about the 24/7 Crystal Ball picks. Am I correct that these guys can change their predictions right up until the kid actually announces? If so, success rate really means little without knowing how long before the kid committed they made the pick .
    While true, they get more "points" for picks made earlier, so there is an incentive to pick early and be accurate. That's my understanding at least. But, yes, I think they can change their picks whenever they want prior to the actual commitment and they don't get dinged for a "wrong" pick unless it's in place & wrong at the time of the commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    While true, they get more "points" for picks made earlier, so there is an incentive to pick early and be accurate. That's my understanding at least. But, yes, I think they can change their picks whenever they want prior to the actual commitment and they don't get dinged for a "wrong" pick unless it's in place & wrong at the time of the commitment.
    yeah, there is definitely a herd effect. As many here know, if you subscribe to the premium service at TDD, (247) there are (only) several guys who really have genuine inside info, the best by far being "turnert" He is connected and low key. And he's not a 247 employee, just a VERY knowledgeable fan.

The kid can Schutt!

Quote Originally Posted by jaywilliams22 View Post
    We recieved a crystal ball pick for Kyle Filipowski from Travis Branham today. Things are looking good here.

https://247sports.com/User/Travis%20...ort=Basketball
    Looks like he's really turning heads at Peach Jam.

@Andrew__Slater
    There’re so many games going on, but some 1st day standouts:
    Kyle Filipowski’22 & Denver Anglin’22 of
    @NYRhoops

Amaree Abram’22 & Zuby Ejiofor of
    @HoustonHoops17U

Sean Jones’22 of
    @all_ohio

Tre White’22 of
    @TeamSFG_EYBL

Jeremy Fears’23 of
    @BradBealElite

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Looks like he's really turning heads at Peach Jam.

@Andrew__Slater
    There’re so many games going on, but some 1st day standouts:
    Kyle Filipowski’22 & Denver Anglin’22 of
    @NYRhoops

Amaree Abram’22 & Zuby Ejiofor of
    @HoustonHoops17U

Sean Jones’22 of
    @all_ohio

Tre White’22 of
    @TeamSFG_EYBL

Jeremy Fears’23 of
    @BradBealElite

Just a matter of time before he is bumped up to a five-star prospect in my opinion, thought rankings don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He brings so many things to the table with his combination of size, skill, and athleticism.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    Just a matter of time before he is bumped up to a five-star prospect in my opinion, thought rankings don't mean anything in the grand scheme of things. He brings so many things to the table with his combination of size, skill, and athleticism.
    Shutt up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevilStop View Post
    I love looking at his ranking history on the 247 website:

November of last year, he was #165 in the nation.
    He took a big jump in January, vaulting into the top 100 at #61.
    As he began to play in the late spring/early summer showcases, he moved even higher, #56 in May and then #47 in early June. By the end of June he was #33.

Pretty safe bet he will move even higher after the way he is playing at Peach Jam. Here's what a Georgia recruiting expert wrote yesterday:

The 6-foot-11 forward with the New York Renaissance (NY) looked every bit the part of a five-star here. There was nothing on the floor he could not do as he went for 19 points (9-10 FG), 11 rebounds, eight assists and two blocks. Fluidity, ball skills, touch, vision, toughness.

Filipowski started April outside of the top 100, he then moved to No. 48 in our most recent update, and if he continues to play like this, Filipowski will be in the conversation for another substantial bump. If I were to set a FutureCast at this point, it would be for Duke.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    I love looking at his ranking history on the 247 website:

November of last year, he was #165 in the nation.
    He took a big jump in January, vaulting into the top 100 at #61.
    As he began to play in the late spring/early summer showcases, he moved even higher, #56 in May and then #47 in early June. By the end of June he was #33.

Pretty safe bet he will move even higher after the way he is playing at Peach Jam. Here's what a Georgia recruiting expert wrote yesterday:
    I enjoy Jamie Shaw's observations on basketball, but as he is from SC, did all his schooling in SC, and lives in the Triangle area, how is he considered a Georgia recruiting expert?
    "Play and practice like you are trying to make the team." --Coach K

Quote Originally Posted by Spanarkel View Post
    I enjoy Jamie Shaw's observations on basketball, but as he is from SC, did all his schooling in SC, and lives in the Triangle area, how is he considered a Georgia recruiting expert?
    Maybe he identifies as one.

We learned in business than an expert is anyone who lives 100 miles away or more.