Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
Coach Boyle's description on the Montverde Academy page includes a Coach K quote and needs an update (added by me in bold):

"Only H.S. or college coach to have a No.1 pick (Ben Simmons & Kyrie Irving), No.2 pick (D’Angelo Russell & Michael Kidd Gilchrist), and No.3 pick (Joel Embiid & RJ Barrett) in the NBA Draft"
Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
How can this be true when Coach K has had multiple players drafted as the No. 1 pick (Elton Brand, Kyrie Irving, Zion Williamson), No 2. Pick (Danny Ferry, Jay Williams, Brandon Ingram, Marvin Bagley), and No 3 pick (Grant Hill, Mike Dunleavy Jr, Jahlil Okafor, Jayson Tatum, RJ Barrett) as well as multiple players at other lottery pick positions?
Quote Originally Posted by Class of '94 View Post
I can't believe I forgot to mention Christian Laettner, arguable the most accomplished Duke and ACC player of all time, was the No. 3 pick of the 1992 draft. We have been blessed to see some truly great and unique players wear the Duke uniform and play for K.
Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
Over that same time frame, Calipari at Kentucky has had 1 Number 1 (Anthony Davis), 1 Number 2 (Michael Kidd-Gilchrist), and 0 Number 3 draft picks.
When I quoted that bit about Coach Boyle, I sort of accepted it as fact, with no #2 picks from Duke immediately coming to mind. Sorry about that.

Class of '94 (with the Laettner addendum) has Coach K's list. For the record, here are the top 3 NBA Draft picks claimed by John Calipari (not just at Kentucky).

#1: Derrick Rose (2008), John Wall (2010), Anthony Davis (2012), Karl-Anthony Towns (2015)
#2: Marcus Camby (1996), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (2012)
#3: Enes Kanter (2011)

Presumably Cal coached Kanter in practice that season, right?