Page 22 of 82 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Are you sure she said precisely that? Or, maybe something like, "Well, he's sure not bringing all that s--- home!"
    Or, maybe she said, "I told him, 'for better or for worse, but not for lunch.'"
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBlue View Post
    I'm not disagreeing, just tempering the sentiment a bit. It's not like Coach K has gone to another program or retired in seclusion. The program is still his and will diverge gradually into what Coach Scheyer makes it into in coming years. A one-and-done coming in next year is still getting Coach K's program in its entirety, with just the start of something different, however big or small that may be.
    Agreed.

They are clearly being very methodical about this entire process. I can only assume K and Jon are on the same page here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Agreed.

They are clearly being very methodical about this entire process. I can only assume K and Jon are on the same page here.
    I wonder if/when K Academy will become JS Academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    I wonder if/when K Academy will become JS Academy.
    Not this year....

Quote Originally Posted by tommy View Post
    What he said was he’s going to remain as an “ambassador” for Duke and Duke Athletics. That’s pretty different from looking over Scheyer’s shoulder all the time. And with the new building coming, who knows where any of the offices are going to be? I’m sure someone on here probably knows something about what those plans are, but I don’t.
    What new building???

On the Charles Barkley podcast Coach K said he was keeping his office. I posted that last week either here or in another thread.

And again, what new building?
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    What new building???

On the Charles Barkley podcast Coach K said he was keeping his office. I posted that last week either here or in another thread.

And again, what new building?
    They're breaking ground soon (it is hoped) on a new building next to Schwartz-Butters, kinda wrapping around it in that wooded area back over there. Not sure exactly what is going in there but supposed to be athletics offices and I don't know what else. Building would already be up but it got delayed due to Covid. Gonna cost a lot more now but that's the reality.

They're breaking ground soon (it is hoped) on a new building next to Schwartz-Butters, kinda wrapping around it in that wooded area back over there. Not sure exactly what is going in there but supposed to be athletics offices and I don't know what else. Building would already be up but it got delayed due to Covid. Gonna cost a lot more now but that's the reality.
    Ah. Thanks. Was there any sort of announcement about this building? Since we've all been away from campus for 18 months now, they could have done just about anything they wanted.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Since just about every edifice at Duke now has a name slapped on it, why no publicity? Or is this just an addition to Schwartz-Butters?

Who is the Schwartz in Schwartz-Butters?

There were a number superlatives thrown at Dariq Whitehead after his performance at Peach Jam. SI writer Jason Jordan named him among his 12 standouts. Whitehead averaged 16.5 points, 6 rebounds, and 3 assist for Team Durant. Whitehead is a talented player that has a physical profile of a big wing like Wendell Moore or AJ Griffin. He's listed at 6'6" and has long arms with a good-looking jumper and can defend multiple positions. He should fit in at Duke, should he commit this Sunday. Here's a brief highlight video from Peach Jam (that has some odd slo-mo sequences for some reason).

https://www.si.com/college/recruitin...ly?jwsource=cl

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    Not who, what...

Rich
    "Failure is Not a Destination"
    Coach K on the Dan Patrick Show, December 22, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by 1991 duke law View Post
    Alan Schwartz -- 1972 Duke grad, pitched on the Duke baseball team, was drafted but did not play pro ball, Wall Street guy who has had spectacular ups and downs like a pitcher who gets hit around and comes out a winner. Was close friend with Tom Butters. Very strong connection with Duke.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Schwartz

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Since just about every edifice at Duke now has a name slapped on it, why no publicity? Or is this just an addition to Schwartz-Butters?
    No naming because the money was raised in smaller chunks. Still, if somebody stepped up with a huge gift, he or she could I'm sure get his or her name on the building. For now they're calling it the "Legacy Building." Sounds kinda Big 10-ish to me LOL. It'll house coaches' offices, player lounges, new locker rooms, athletic training center, etc. Mens and womens.

No naming because the money was raised in smaller chunks. Still, if somebody stepped up with a huge gift, he or she could I'm sure get his or her name on the building. For now they're calling it the "Legacy Building." Sounds kinda Big 10-ish to me LOL. It'll house coaches' offices, player lounges, new locker rooms, athletic training center, etc. Mens and womens.
    good info...should i win the lottery, I can already envision the Womble Sports Palace or some other humble name.

good info...should i win the lottery, I can already envision the Womble Sports Palace or some other humble name.
    Featuring refreshments including Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, poutine, and various forms of maple syrup?

The Buddydome!

The Buddydome!
    Isn't that what they are renaming the Carrier Dome?

I think we should call it the Space Available Athletic Building until such time...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Featuring refreshments including Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream, poutine, and various forms of maple syrup?
    It will absolutely shine compared with The Tower's DeJoy Family Center, which rankles me more than I should say, and the food is absolutely second rate...end that rant before I'm cited...

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    No Ben & Jerry’s please.