Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.34f220a3fa5e

Count me among those who relish an original film and not just another franchise film designed to be pawned off on China.
    Me too obviously. I've gotten to a place where there are hardly any movies I feel like going to see at the theater. And I like going to the movies with those reserved cushy reclining seats where you can now buy Red Oak to wash down the popcorn.

It's like I also ask myself why much great music isn't being made any more like it was from the 50's through 90's? I feel like the best concerts to go see are still old great bands like Def Leppard, or U2, or DMB, or Guns N Roses, or Pearl Jam who happen to be passing through. I guess this all helps me save more entertainment money to spend on good beer and trips to Vegas. I love being a geezer! Get off my lawn.
    Last edited by richardjackson199; 08-03-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Me too obviously. I've gotten to a place where there are hardly any movies I feel like going to see at the theater. And I like going to the movies with those reserved cushy reclining seats where you can now buy Red Oak to wash down the popcorn.

It's like I also ask myself why much great music isn't being made any more like it was from the 50's through 90's? I feel like the best concerts to go see are still old great bands like Def Leppard, or U2, or DMB, or Guns N Roses, or Pearl Jam who happen to be passing through. I guess this all helps me save more entertainment money to spend on good beer and trips to Vegas. I love being a geezer! Get off my lawn.
    I had the same thoughts about the music in Once Upon a Time...

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    I had the same thoughts about the music in Once Upon a Time...
    Absolutely. Tarantino does not disappoint with the soundtrack. That is part of what made Pulp Fiction and Reservoir Dogs so iconic.

Like this song from Once Upon a Time... for example-

Summertime by Billy Stewart. Now that is a song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRGeHRDBPYw

...It's like I also ask myself why much great music isn't being made any more like it was from the 50's through 90's...

...I love being a geezer...

You may have earned the full merit badge for geezerhood so go right ahead.

I'm still happening and I am going to see Jack White and The Raconteurs at the Anthem in a couple of weeks. Jack is the real deal!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

I recently saw Dead & Co., which is several surviving members of the Grateful Dead with John Mayer. Does that make me pan-generational?

(John Mayer is crazy talented, btw.)

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    You may have earned the full merit badge for geezerhood so go right ahead.

I'm still happening and I am going to see Jack White and The Raconteurs at the Anthem in a couple of weeks. Jack is the real deal!
    Goodness I didn't realize Jack had left the team to go start a band. That cold streak from 3 must have really gotten bad over the summer.

Goodness I didn't realize Jack had left the team to go start a band. That cold streak from 3 must have really gotten bad over the summer.
    While a seven nation army might not bother him, apparently some ball pressure defense does.