Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    Probably. He's fairly short-stacked at the final table. I'm rooting for him though. He seems like a nice guy.
    Me too.

I like the thin pay bumps early, it encourages gambling. If there’s not much difference between 9th and 7th, there is no incentive for limping along. Mix it up, double up, and make real money.

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Me too.

I like the thin pay bumps early, it encourages gambling. If there’s not much difference between 9th and 7th, there is no incentive for limping along. Mix it up, double up, and make real money.
    Yep. They listened to Jason. They're playing to win early. This bodes well.

Down goes Su. Agree with booth, really loose shove UTG but he only had 17 bb.

Me too.

ouch. Su's luck just ran out. And he said one time again on the river. But I respect Su shoved with a pocket pair. He went for it.

Down goes Su. Agree with booth, really loose shove UTG but he only had 17 bb.
    exactly. Could have been the best hand he saw before he was blinded away. I like it. If he had won that 1 race, his stack isn't too far off from the guy in 3rd place I think.

Quote Originally Posted by richardjackson199 View Post
    exactly. Could have been the best hand he saw before he was blinded away. I like it.
    I grew up with Harrington’s “M” — the cost of a circuit, which is bb+Sb+ante. So now an M is $2.5M, meaning Su had an M of about 7.

Rule of thumb is that with an M of 5 or less, your only move is shove or fold. So kind of on the edge. Agree that if he decides to play he should shove, but he has another 16 hands or so before he gets to critical. 33 is only 54% against a random hand, and you have to get through 7 players if you open UTG.

I think he could wait for a better hand or spot, but he won over a mil and I’m watching at home. So . . . .

I grew up with Harrington’s “M” — the cost of a circuit, which is bb+Sb+ante. So now an M is $2.5M, meaning Su had an M of about 7.

Rule of thumb is that with an M of 5 or less, your only move is shove or fold. So kind of on the edge. Agree that if he decides to play he should shove, but he has another 16 hands or so before he gets to critical. 33 is only 54% against a random hand, and you have to get through 7 players if you open UTG.

I think he could wait for a better hand or spot, but he won over a mil and I’m watching at home. So . . . .
    Harrington's books are still my absolute favorite. Along with Ed Miller.

Play went really fast last night and we are down to 5. They had thought they would only play down to 6, but folks were getting busted really quickly. I watched the first 2 hours or so before turning in for the night.

It is really a 2 man tournament at this point as Ensan and Gates have something like 75% of the chips in play. Anything can happen in poker, but it is hard to see how either of them don't end up in the final 3. I was really bothered by Kevin Maahs constantly delaying the action and calling for counts in hands where you knew he was not going to play. It was an unnecessary delay and I'm not sure why he was posturing like that.

The next couple knockouts are $800k and a $1 mil pay jump, so I won't be shocked if some folks play tight while they wait for Sammartino to bust. He only has 19 BB left (7.7 M if you follow Dan Harrington's model) so he's getting pretty thin. Lucky for Sammartino, he's sitting about as far away from Ensan and Gates as he can be which could give him a little more room to better pick his spots and not worry about the monster stacks calling him... though at a 5-handed table, there really isn't much room from anyone.

-Jason "I'll be watching tonight...hope to have some hands we can all talk about, this has been a fun thread thus far" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Play went really fast last night and we are down to 5. They had thought they would only play down to 6, but folks were getting busted really quickly. I watched the first 2 hours or so before turning in for the night.

It is really a 2 man tournament at this point as Ensan and Gates have something like 75% of the chips in play. Anything can happen in poker, but it is hard to see how either of them don't end up in the final 3. I was really bothered by Kevin Maahs constantly delaying the action and calling for counts in hands where you knew he was not going to play. It was an unnecessary delay and I'm not sure why he was posturing like that.

The next couple knockouts are $800k and a $1 mil pay jump, so I won't be shocked if some folks play tight while they wait for Sammartino to bust. He only has 19 BB left (7.7 M if you follow Dan Harrington's model) so he's getting pretty thin. Lucky for Sammartino, he's sitting about as far away from Ensan and Gates as he can be which could give him a little more room to better pick his spots and not worry about the monster stacks calling him... though at a 5-handed table, there really isn't much room from anyone.

-Jason "I'll be watching tonight...hope to have some hands we can all talk about, this has been a fun thread thus far" Evans
    I agree 100% about Maahs. Man that dude was frustratingly slow. It almost seemed like he wanted the TV time. The commentators even were talking about him being annoying. You said it - when it's obvious you're going to fold a hand asking for chip counts is very poor etiquette.

I had to get to bed by 11, so I didn't see too much action beyond Su busting out. Did Sammartino get in trouble with the floor for trying to get information by telling Ensan he held Ace high (to try to get a read I'm sure)? Players in position in Vegas card-rooms seem to love to flash at least one card on the river after you've already acted to get some information on your reaction before they make their decision. Is this rule that you can't talk about what cards you allegedly hold to get information? What did they do to him to penalize him? (If anybody saw it? I was brushing my teeth and had to turn TV off, so I missed it. Just looked like something was going on there.)

Hopefully lots of good action to come.

Goodness everybody has opinions on this hand from this past weekend. The ruling was evidently another obvious rule (that I didn't know). But Sammartino IMO didn't make a good showing of himself after this dealer error. He even said before asking for the count that he probably had to call. Clearly the floor boss was also wrong to say, "if you're calling 17 you're calling 22." But I thought Sammartino made a bit of a wanker of himself. Just unfortunate all the way around:

(scroll down in the article and you can see a video of the whole hand):

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/07/wso...ealer-miscount

Don't drink and drive.

Don't drink and email.

Don't drink and text.

(Drinking and posting in Ymm beer is ok).

And Don't drink, buy into the main event for 10-K, and then pull what seems like a funny joke. Win a pot and then take all the chips from the guy beside you's unattended stack and sweep them into your mess of chips.

And if you think that's bad, this second guy who got disqualified from the main event is way worse. Make sure to scroll to the bottom to see what Ken Strauss did to get DQ'd:

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2019/...vent-34755.htm

Main event on ESPN News if you're getting a bad baseball blowout on regular ESPN

Ensan is killing the field who is clearly now thinking about the pay jumps. They keep folding better hands to Ensan's bullying with weak hands. Ensan showing how to use a big stack at the WSOP main event final table. I'll be shocked if he doesn't win it all.

The only reason Ensan has a shot here is because Jason Evans is not playing in the tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Wander View Post
    The only reason Ensan has a shot here is because Jason Evans is not playing in the tournament.
    No doubt. But King Hossein has a tough road ahead. These are 3 outstanding poker players.

Brutal hand for Super Dario. Nothing worse than hitting second best hand.

That river probably saved Dario some chips. I would have probably lost my whole stack on the turn there with Aces up.

Another tough hand for Dario. He'll look back and regret that hand. He looks like the next player to bust out.

Classic. They start trying to interview Jeopardy James Holzhauer right as the biggest hand of the night starts between all 3 players. Credit to Jeopardy James. He recognized it immediately and stopped to say Whoa! (Watch this hand.)

And Super Dario hits his straight on the river to stay alive! Crazy after he looked dead in the water after Livingston told him that he just folded 2 of Dario's outs.

This is anybody's game.

If I was Ensan I would be so on tilt.

And he's still the chip leader