Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    This thread has gone this far without a single mention of cinderblocks? Where am I, and what has happened to the DBR I knew and loved??
    My first thought when I saw this thread was "with how many cinder blocks?"
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by proelitedota View Post
    http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.db...45&SPSID=22727

Vernon is a big boi.

HTML Code:
    0    Wendell Moore    F    6-6    213    Fr.    Charlotte, N.C. (Cox Mill)
    1    Vernon Carey    C    6-10    270    Fr.    Southwest Ranches, Fla. (NSU University School)
    2    Cassius Stanley    G    6-6    193    Fr.    Los Angeles, Calif. (Sierra Canyon)
    3    Tre Jones    G    6-3    185    So.    Apple Valley, Minn. (Apple Valley)
    12    Javin DeLaurier    F    6-10    237    Sr.    Shipman, Va. (Saint Anne's-Belfield)
    13    Joey Baker    F    6-7    208    So.    Fayetteville, N.C. (Trinity Christian School)
    14    Jordan Goldwire    G    6-2    185    Jr.    Norcross, Ga. (Norcross)
    15    Alex O'Connell    G    6-6    190    Jr.    Roswell, Ga. (Milton)
    21    Matthew Hurt    F    6-9    214    Fr.    Rochester, Minn. (John Marshall)
    30    Michael Sav...    G    6-0    182    Fr.    Durham, N.C. (Durham Academy)
    41    Jack White    F    6-7    222    Sr.    Traralgon, Victoria, Australia (Australian Institute of Sport)
    45    Keenan Wort...    F    6-9    211    Fr.    Chapel Hill, N.C. (Blair Academy (N.J.))
    50    Justin Robinson    F    6-9    202    RSr.    San Antonio, Texas (San Antonio Christian Academy)
    51    Mike Buckmire    G    6-2    180    Jr.    Blue Bell, Pa. (Germantown Friends School)
    Modesty nice job of assigning numbers. After all, Vernon is about the only one big enough to wear Zion’s old jersey

It’s never going to look normal to see Durham Academy represented among the high schools. Go Cavs.

Cassius Stanley has set the Duke record for maximum vertical leap. Isn't that the record that Zion set about this time last year?

For Zion they had to place the measuring tool on top of a stack of weights in order to raise it up higher, since he out-jumped the whole thing. But maybe Stanley is a couple inches shorter to begin with, so that wasn’t necessary. Regardless, this is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Cassius Stanley has set the Duke record for maximum vertical leap. Isn't that the record that Zion set about this time last year?
    In terms of player height, a lot of our "measurements" do not actually include measurement. Guys can add or delete an inch or two at will, and have periodically done so. Like an extension of the motion offense...

For example, if you go to GoDuke.com and look at the rosters for the last two years, Tre Jones gained an inch this year (maybe it's the good Duke food) and Justin Robinson shrank an inch...
    Last edited by budwom; 09-18-2019 at 03:59 PM.

I wish they would tell us how many inches it was! Wasn’t Zion’s 44 or 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Tripping William View Post
    Where am I, and what has happened to the DBR I knew and loved??
    A lot of little things. Some people died; others lost interest in posting on internet bulletin boards around a decade and half ago. It's a rich tapestry.

A movie is not about what it's about; it's about how it's about it.
    ---Roger Ebert

Some questions cannot be answered
    Who’s gonna bury who
    We need a love like Johnny, Johnny and June
    ---Over the Rhine

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Justin Robinson shrank an inch...
    It is not at all uncommon for old people to lose some height due to shrinkage of the vertibrae. JRob is a 5th year senior so this is not exactly unexpected.

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    It is not at all uncommon for old people to lose some height due to shrinkage of the vertibrae. JRob is a 5th year senior so this is not exactly unexpected.

I thought JRob was recruited with the agreement that he would grow 6 inches, like his dad did in college.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I shudder at the term "old" but I can concede that I am fully a half inch shorter than I once was...extrapolating a bit, at some point I'll be short enough to sleep in a shoe box.

I shudder at the term "old" but I can concede that I am fully a half inch shorter than I once was...extrapolating a bit, at some point I'll be short enough to sleep in a shoe box.
    Methuselah? Is that you?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Methuselah? Is that you?
    I knew Methuselah, Budwom's no Methuselah!

Resurrecting the "measurements" thread*, I happily note that K said today that O'Connell has gained 12 pounds this year, which you could easily have calculated yourself by just comparing our new roster to last year's...he weighs 190 this year, weighed 183 last year, so there's your 12 pounds.

*in which certain individual(s) may have asserted that our "measurements" do not necessarily involve measurements.

Resurrecting the "measurements" thread*, I happily note that K said today that O'Connell has gained 12 pounds this year, which you could easily have calculated yourself by just comparing our new roster to last year's...he weighs 190 this year, weighed 183 last year, so there's your 12 pounds.

*in which certain individual(s) may have asserted that our "measurements" do not necessarily involve measurements.
    The measurements on the roster page were posted in early summer so they're out of date.

I can gain five lbs after a single weekend of binge eating...

Fingers crossed it is not due soley to Alex growing his hair back out.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Quote Originally Posted by Edouble View Post
    Fingers crossed it is not due soley to Alex growing his hair back out.
    ha, could be...if I had to guess, I'd say that last year's weight of 183 was a tad exaggerated...

So AOC gained 12 pounds. You call that an accomplishment? Hell, I can easily gain 20 pounds over a summer if I work at it... actually, it is not working (out) that would allow me to put on weight. In any event, not at all difficult to do given my diet**.

-Jason "I'm definitely going to tell my wife how excited everyone is about AOC gaining 12 pounds" Evans

** - if it was once moving around, eat it... preferably with some sauce on it. If it once grew from the ground, shun it.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

The measurements on the roster page were posted in early summer so they're out of date.

I can gain 5 pounds just reading the Ymm, Beer thread!

Joey said he's around 213
    Vernon is down to 255
    Matthew is now said to be 220
    Alex at 195