Thread: Peach Jam 2019

Peach Jam 2019

Starts tomorrow. I don’t follow recruiting very carefully, so does anyone know what Duke prospects are playing and what other big names I should see?

(Anyone in town for the shindig who wants a beer, PM me)

Pretty helpful rundown on Peach Jam and Duke targets in this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/balldur...asketball/amp/
    “Coach said no 3s.” - Zion on The Block

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Rosenrosen View Post
    Pretty helpful rundown on Peach Jam and Duke targets in this article:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/balldur...asketball/amp/
    Thanks for posting. Seems odd a little place like Augusta, Ga in the middle of nowhere (except in early April) would attract all these great high school teams/players.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Thanks for posting. Seems odd a little place like Augusta, Ga in the middle of nowhere (except in early April) would attract all these great high school teams/players.
    Actually, the Peach Jam is played across the Savannah River in North Augusta, SC.[/nitpick]
    Bob Green

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    It is here mainly because of the work of Clint Bryant, a former Clemson player and assistant coach (among other places). He has lots of contacts, and was the coach at Augusta College. When Nike was looking for a place to do this in the South, they had two criteria: (1) good facility; and (2) lots of places to play golf to attract the coaches. The set-up here is super sweet facility-wise, and there are plenty of golf courses. (And for the record -- THAT golf course here is closed for the summer every year so a coach couldn't play there even if he had an "in." I did play behind Rick Pitino's threesome a few years back in the fall -- no jokes please).

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    It is here mainly because of the work of Clint Bryant, a former Clemson player and assistant coach (among other places). He has lots of contacts, and was the coach at Augusta College. When Nike was looking for a place to do this in the South, they had two criteria: (1) good facility; and (2) lots of places to play golf to attract the coaches. The set-up here is super sweet facility-wise, and there are plenty of golf courses. (And for the record -- THAT golf course here is closed for the summer every year so a coach couldn't play there even if he had an "in." I did play behind Rick Pitino's threesome a few years back in the fall -- no jokes please).
    So ol' roy can be there, and yet never be seen?

Kinda like his players in AFAM courses ...

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    So ol' roy can be there, and yet never be seen?

Kinda like his players in AFAM courses ...
    In my experience, Roy is there most of Thursday. His assistants are there Friday and Saturday while he golfs. True.

Don’t know about Sunday’s finals, haven’t seen him but it doesn’t mean he isn’t there somewhere.

Roy is there most of Thursday. His assistants are there Friday and Saturday while he golfs. True.

Don’t know about Sunday’s finals, haven’t seen him but it doesn’t mean he isn’t there somewhere.
    Roy apparently has the golfing bug in a big way.

Heard a recent interview where he said his golfing season goes from the end of the NCAA tournament to pre-season workouts in September, but he now belongs to more than 15 clubs in various areas.

Did the round last more than 30 seconds?

oh, wait.

Quote Originally Posted by roywhite View Post
    Roy apparently has the golfing bug in a big way.

Heard a recent interview where he said his golfing season goes from the end of the NCAA tournament to pre-season workouts in September, but he now belongs to more than 15 clubs in various areas.
    Yes, well golf has the "14-club rule," and Roy has broken it, just like every other rule.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Yes, well golf has the "14-club rule," and Roy has broken it, just like every other rule.
    “You must spread some Comments around before commenting on sagegrouse again.”

Genius-level post right there.

What if they are public courses and available to everyone ...

But he doesn’t actually have to show up, does he?

^^^ Roy was shocked, shocked I say to find out that his caddy has been submitting false scores to improve Roy's handicap. Sometimes even submitting scores on days that Roy did not show up to the course. And this apparently went on for almost two decades.

"I can't watch everything," he protested when confronted. "Sounds like a problem with the clubs, not with Roy" he then third-personed to no one in particular.

Made some this past weekend.

jam.jpg