Thread: Ross for Boss

Ross for Boss

I'll need to cross-post this in the 2020 Presidential Election thread but Ross Perot has passed (and therefore will not be running for President in 2020).

I spent my formative years not too far from the 2,500 acre Circle T Ranch he bought in 1993. A lot of the area was undeveloped then and there were a couple of entry points to his ranch that provided nice spots for my HS girlfriend and I to park and, er, play Scrabble. So, dear Ross, you hover at the periphery of my teenage make out session memories like some big-eared little twang-talking troll. Rest in Peace with your $3 billion.

On to the Dana Carvey impressions!

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I'll need to cross-post this in the 2020 Presidential Election thread but Ross Perot has passed (and therefore will not be running for President in 2020).
    More than any other person, Ross changed how I thought about politics and the issues of the day. He'll be missed.

My wife had occasion to meet him through her work and found him to be a very charming and sincere fellow. A rarity in politics.

There was a lot to like about Ross Perot and a lot to dislike. But you can not help but be impressed about Perot if you read On Wings of Eagles but Ken Follett.

Good synopsis:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_Wings_of_Eagles
    ~rthomas