Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1506
    Enjoyed watching this game much more than the last Duke game over in Raleigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    That was an epic brush by from the state coach post game.
    Wes Moore is Sylvia with a Y chromosome.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    The best news on Play for Kay day is that Syracuse WBB Tiana Mangakahia has been cleared to practice. She’s sitting out the season, but hopes to be given an extra year. (And the NCAA sure as heck better give it to her.). #Tough4T

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Duke is now streaking on 6 wins. (And very solidly in 3rd place) Irony of being in the top 4 of the conference and being the only team not ranked.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthman View Post
    That was an epic brush by from the state coach post game.
    That seems to be pretty common from most ACC coaches.

Quality win that we really needed.

Play with the ACCT bracket generator yourself, but I think we clinched the double bye tonight. We own the tiebreaker over everybody in the middle of the ACC.

http://bball.notnothing.net/acc.php?sport=wbb

I think we're in the NCAA with 1 more win. I'm not optimistic that we can host without winning out.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    I'm not optimistic that we can host without winning out.
    That's not happening. I'd love it, of course, but no. The ladies will need to make their way from far off soils.
    (I have faith that they can, depending on the seed and the teams they face.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

This was a good win. I admit to being a disliker, but this team has really come together and P deserves credit. (Boykin's return is a major contributing factor.) Really cut down the TOs. Makes a difference. Still didn't play smart at certain points, particularly at the end of quarters. Now to win out the regular season.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by duke2x View Post
    That seems to be pretty common from most ACC coaches.

Quality win that we really needed.

Play with the ACCT bracket generator yourself, but I think we clinched the double bye tonight. We own the tiebreaker over everybody in the middle of the ACC.

http://bball.notnothing.net/acc.php?sport=wbb

I think we're in the NCAA with 1 more win. I'm not optimistic that we can host without winning out.
    If we lose the last two, and FSU/VT/BC win out, we’d be the sixth seed. We clinch fourth with one win, and of course third with two. Lots of other possibilities, though.

Quote Originally Posted by buddy View Post
    This was a good win. I admit to being a disliker, but this team has really come together and P deserves credit. (Boykin's return is a major contributing factor.) Really cut down the TOs. Makes a difference. Still didn't play smart at certain points, particularly at the end of quarters. Now to win out the regular season.
    EIGHT!!! For the whole game! Coming off the last game that we won that we had thirtybagillion! Wow to that difference. It will keep the ladies playing if they keep that up.

Meanwhile, as noted by commentary, State had 7 possessions out of timeouts. They managed 0 points out of them, and 5 turnovers. Nearly as many turnovers as we had the whole game, they had in possessions after they could call a play. Just incredible.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

What a pleasant surprise this team has become!

A super win. Sure hope Haley's wrist injury is minor. Getting people healthy is an obvious reason for the beautiful improvement.

May the Health be with us for a change. We were almost unwatchable earlier in the year, but the Women have really turned it around. Go Duke!
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    Meanwhile, as noted by commentary, State had 7 possessions out of timeouts. They managed 0 points out of them, and 5 turnovers. Nearly as many turnovers as we had the whole game, they had in possessions after they could call a play. Just incredible.
    Deeeefensssse!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Duke is now streaking on 6 wins. (And very solidly in 3rd place) Irony of being in the top 4 of the conference and being the only team not ranked.
    I'm guessing that will change, at least if we win the games we are supposed to win.

Quote Originally Posted by killerleft View Post
    What a pleasant surprise this team has become!

A super win. Sure hope Haley's wrist injury is minor. Getting people healthy is an obvious reason for the beautiful improvement.

!
    She was idly twirling her hair with her left hand in the post-game. I don't think she's doing that if it's a serious injury.

But she fell right in front of me. You could hear it.

And kudos to State for putting most of the Duke media right in front of the pep band. And I mean right in front. I was literally poked by a trombone twice. You cannot imagine how loud it is sitting in front of the brass section.

Grrr.

Is the Play for Kay game always Duke @ State, because it kind of seems that way. And it's quite the disadvantage.

Also, of all the national announcers on all the networks in all the world, is there a bigger homer than Debbie Antonelli?

Nice win.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    She was idly twirling her hair with her left hand in the post-game. I don't think she's doing that if it's a serious injury.
    She did not seem to be favoring it down the stretch, either, which is very good news, since she is our most important player.

Sorry about your brass issues. I'm a percussionist, so I'm usually behind the brass doing to them what they do to everyone else. Meanwhile, I recommend these. Full fidelity, but enough noise reduction to handle almost anything, even blaring brass.

Great turnaround this season. Here’s hoping the season has a long way to go. Let’s end that Final Four drought!

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post

But she fell right in front of me. You could hear it.

And kudos to State for putting most of the Duke media right in front of the pep band. And I mean right in front. I was literally poked by a trombone twice. You cannot imagine how loud it is sitting in front of the brass section.

Grrr.
    Sounds good. Well, the Haley part.
    Man, if your Mom made you wear that color when you were a baby, and you're still wearing it, it's time to grow up!

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Is the Play for Kay game always Duke @ State, because it kind of seems that way. And it's quite the disadvantage.
    I'm sure TV was the driving factor tonight. We don't always play @NCSU.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedsy View Post
    Also, of all the national announcers on all the networks in all the world, is there a bigger homer than Debbie Antonelli?
    I thought she was OK, but I like her most of the time. There's always Kenny Smith if you don't like Debbie.

As of late last night, Duke was up to number 25 on realtimerpi.com.