Page 49 of 76 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Final 66-64

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Monkey Off The Back!!!!!

Great end of game play by Odom and Haley, wooohooo!!!!

Barring an epic collapse, this team will be Dancing in March!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

After that 13-2 FSU run, thought it was over, but nice job willing their way to the end. Gorecki took over.

Of course, this run is giving P breathing room, sigh.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

Carolina Delenda Est

So happy for our guys. Great win over a ranked team.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Rules question - FSU called a timeout after the made free throws but, I thought, before inbounding the ball. After the TO, they inbounded the ball on their half of the field. I thought, since they hadn't advanced the ball before the time out, they still had to throw it in from under our basket. Is that not true in women's basketball?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    Rules question - FSU called a timeout after the made free throws but, I thought, before inbounding the ball. After the TO, they inbounded the ball on their half of the field. I thought, since they hadn't advanced the ball before the time out, they still had to throw it in from under our basket. Is that not true in women's basketball?
    I was wondering the same thing, but since they did it twice in a row...
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Back-to-back 3s put FSU up 60-58 with 2:30 left. Duke ball.
    Actually it was 3 straight threes, just like the State game, but with a better result this time. Go Devils!
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by loran16 View Post
    After that 13-2 FSU run, thought it was over, but nice job willing their way to the end. Gorecki took over.

Of course, this run is giving P breathing room, sigh.
    You’ll get over it.

Outstanding defense on the last play.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I was wondering the same thing, but since they did it twice in a row...
    But I didn't notice it when we called the TO after their made shot. Can rewind online to check on that.

Duke is now 2.5 games out of first place in the conference, tied for third, with the tie breaker against FSU in our favor.
    I'll step up; I didn't see that coming this season in any way whatsoever.
    Only one more home game, stay strong! LGD!!

Duke is now 2.5 games out of first place in the conference, tied for third, with the tie breaker against FSU in our favor.
    I'll step up; I didn't see that coming this season in any way whatsoever.
    Only one more home game, stay strong! LGD!!
    #ThingsIWouldNotHavePutMoneyOnAMonthAgo

Great job by the team to turn around the sinking ship.
    April 1

Did not see see Boykin in box score. Was she hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by Bike4Fun View Post
    In the past, I've felt that our teams under Joanne tended to not improve enough from beginning to end of the season. Not this year. I think this is her best year as a Duke coach. For me, it started to become obvious in the State loss. Yeah, I will always get annoyed with the turnovers, the failed layups, the volume of missed close jump shots. I was personally close to giving up this season and considered just not going to games because they weren't fun for me. But, contrary to what I was feeling about quitting on the team, this team itself has not quit. The coach has changed her lineup and managed it well. It sure helped to get 2 really good guards back into the flow of the game after their return from injury, as I never expected they'd play at this level. I really want to see our fundamentals improve so that the wins will start at the beginning of the season and continue to postseason, whoever our coach is. No matter where you stand about Joanne, I think she deserves a lot of credit for how she's handled this year.
    It is still too early to say anything about COY thoughts, since we have too many games in front of us before Greensboro. However, I have to agree with your last statement. The last two months (month and half?), we have been a different team, and she has to be given the ability to take responsibility for that just as much as when we held her responsible for when we were doing so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Final 66-64
    Thanks for the updates, Jim!

-jk

VPI wins at Wake, so the Hokies are also at 9-5 in the ACC.

After a slow start, BC crushes UNC. 57-point second half!!!

Wuffettes struggling against GaTech.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    VPI wins at Wake, so the Hokies are also at 9-5 in the ACC.

After a slow start, BC crushes UNC. 57-point second half!!!

Wuffettes struggling against GaTech.
    That's 4 losses in a row, and none particularly "good" ones. They've gone from a solid NCAA team to the NIT, in less than three weeks. Taking a little bit of shine off of Banghart's crown as a great hire.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInKansas View Post
    This is a new rule modeled after the NBA rule and it has added excitement to the game - a time out after a score allows the team to throw the ball in from above half court.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

That's 4 losses in a row, and none particularly "good" ones. They've gone from a solid NCAA team to the NIT, in less than three weeks. Taking a little bit of shine off of Banghart's crown as a great hire.
    She’s still doing better than Roy😀

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Did not see see Boykin in box score. Was she hurt?
    She was not feeling well and did not play today. she was dressed and on the bench. It was a big deal when lambert had to leave the gamed after a collision - she did briefly come back.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

As crazy as it may have sounded a few weeks ago.... McCallie might just end up as Coach of the Year depending on how things play out. It has to either be her or Kenny Brooks of VPI at this point. Brooks probably gets it if the Hokies end up as a top 5 team in the conference. The other contenders have fallen off.