Page 22 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by uh_no View Post
    sigh...wish i could watch...
    Maybe you don't. The lead is down to 4 halfway through the third. We've been heading in the wrong direction since before the half. Gonna have to dig deep to have a chance.

39-35 good gals - 4 min left in the 3rd.
    "This is the best of all possible worlds."
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Tied with 3:03 left in the third. Missed layup on one end leads to a bucket on the other. Yikes.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Tied with 3:03 left in the third. Missed layup on one end leads to breakaway to tie it up on the other. Yikes.
    Lots of those again today. Sigh. Keep digging, ladies!
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Maybe you don't. The lead is down to 4 halfway through the third. We've been heading in the wrong direction since before the half. Gonna have to dig deep to have a chance.
    no, I do. I am a fan of women's basketball as a whole, and the fact that both duke and a top team are playing is reason to watch for me regardless of outcome.
    1200. DDMF.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Odom is showing why she is so valuable. I'm also really enjoying watching Baines, she is going to fun to watch as she develops.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

no, I do. I am a fan of women's basketball as a whole, and the fact that both duke and a top team are playing is reason to watch for me regardless of outcome.
    I'm the same, actually, but the lead is down to two points after the third quarter. I hope we can hang on. It's been an interesting game, regardless, and I only got access to the ACCN recently, so I feel your pain.

Hell yes. Duke lost the lead but took it back I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this.I'm a real wanker for saying this. the 3Q ended 45-43. Fighting hard.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Down two, Louisville ball, but still in there fighting. C'mon, ladies!

Duke is having trouble scoring - down 4, 4 to go.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Fudge
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

I can offer plenty of criticisms about that game, but I'm not offering any complaints. That was a very surprising effort from our ladies and they did far better than I would have imagined.

We scored 22 points in the first quarter, and averaged 11 points over each of the next three quarters. Frustrating after such a promising beginning.

Better effort, but same result. 12 straight losses to ranked teams.

With 28 secs to go, score tied, the girl that was 0-6 from three in the 1st half hit a long three, Duke came down and air balled an open three and lost by 5.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

a bit of a break with 5 straight winnable games. If duke still maintains post-season hopes, they almost have to go 5-0 in that stretch, i think, because our schedule is pretty backloaded.
    1200. DDMF.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray Gator View Post
    Better effort, but same result. 12 straight losses to ranked teams.
    Hadn't seen that statistic. Thank you for sharing, Stray Gator.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    It was a graphic on the telecast in the last minute. And don't be such a stranger around here Mike.
    Dr. Pangloss - Candide

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Corey View Post
    To be fair, it was the featured graphic and subject of discussion during the final minute or so of the telecast.

In case you didn't see the game, I suspect I wasn't the only Duke fan who was disappointed with the way the end of the game unfolded. The game was tied when Louisville hit a three-pointer with 34.5 seconds remaining. Duke dribbled across mid-court and called a timeout with 28 seconds left. After huddling with the coaches, Duke inbounded the ball and Lambert dribbled above the top of the key, just as the announcers were speculating that Gorecki (who was 2-5 from the distance) would take the shot. Suddenly, with 23 seconds still left on the shot clock, Lambert -- a 30% three-point shooter on the season who was then 0-4 from behind the arc for this game, with at least two of those attempts being airballs -- jacked up another airball. And that was the ballgame.

I'd be interested to know what instructions the coaches gave to the team during that last timeout.

Ouch. Reminiscent of the 2002 and 2003 Final Fours: a defensive brain-cramp at the worst possible moment costs us a game we could have, and arguably should have, won.