Page 2 of 76 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Hah! I just came on here to post that.

Really hope the switch has gone on for Jade. If Leaonna plays to her potential every game this could be a great season. Also hope Kyra and Mikayla can be back to 100% by ACC time, not just for the team but for themselves.

Quick question, if Jim cares to answer: Have you seen enough of the freshmen yet to offer any analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Hah! I just came on here to post that.

Really hope the switch has gone on for Jade. If Leaonna plays to her potential every game this could be a great season. Also hope Kyra and Mikayla can be back to 100% by ACC time, not just for the team but for themselves.

Quick question, if Jim cares to answer: Have you seen enough of the freshmen yet to offer any analysis?
    Haven't seen the freshmen at all. Jennifer Ezeh sat out the summer "dealing with personal issues." Not clear when that changes.

I'll be taking a longer look at the freshmen later this month.

Vanessa DeJesus up to #37 (was 57) in ESPN rankings. I thought she might move up, she's very well-considered in California according to some articles I've read.

Every one of our targets moving up as well.
    UPDATED RECRUITING RANKINGS – 2020 Commitment and Targets
    Updated recruiting rankings, as of September 16, 2019

Vanessa DeJesus (2020) – COMMITMENT
    #37 -- espnW (up from #57)
    #75 -- Blue Star Report
    #83 -- All Star Girls Report
    #99 -- Prospects Nation

Jordyn Jenkins (2020) – Duke Target
    #40 -- espnW (up from #42)
    #41 -- Prospects Nation
    #70 -- All Star Girls Report
    #131 -- Blue Star Report

Dalayah Daniels (2020) – Duke Target
    #14 -- espnW (up from #15)
    #15 -- Prospects Nation
    #16 -- All Star Girls Report
    #35 -- Blue Star Report

Deja Kelly (2020) – Duke Target
    #17 -- espnW (up from #19)
    #31 -- Prospects Nation
    #31 -- Blue Star Report
    #35 -- All Star Girls Report

Ugonne Onyiah (2020) – Duke Target
    #34 -- espnW (up from #51)
    #54 -- All Star Girls Report
    #92 -- Blue Star Report
    (not in Prospects Nation’s Top 100)

Anyone else planning to attend the game at Texas A&M? I’ll be driving over from my new home just outside Austin, and would love to get together before or after.

As I mentioned a few weeks ago on The Devil's Den, another name to keep an eye on is Australia's Agnes Emma-Nnopu (6-0 forward).

As an update, here is the good news: Australia's Agnes Emma-Nnopu will be visiting Duke next week.

Here are some notes regarding AEN from the recent 2019 FIBA U19 World's Basketball World Cup, where she was a teammate of Miela Goodchild:

• For the entire 2019 FIBA U19 tournament, Agnes Emma-Nnopu averaged 6.1 points and 7.4 rebounds as a starter (23.2 minutes per game) for the Gems.
    • While Emma-Nnopu did not shoot well overall (29.2/26.7/78.6 ) in the seven games, her total numbers in the QF, SF, and gold medal game (the medal rounds, as they were) were as follows: 28 points, 24 rebounds, 12-28 from the floor (42.86 percent), and 3-11 from three (27.27 percent)
    • In the gold medal game against the United States, Emma-Nnopu had 9 points, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals while shooting 4-10 from the floor, 1-4 from three. Australia held a late lead with less than 20 seconds to go in the game before the Americans tied the score to force overtime (where Team USA prevailed).

Per my Australian source, Emma-Nnopu is known for her athleticism, hustle, and defense. In term of player comparison, think Karima Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    Deja Kelly (2020) – Duke Target
    #17 -- espnW (up from #19)
    #31 -- Prospects Nation
    #31 -- Blue Star Report
    #35 -- All Star Girls Report
    Update regarding Deja Kelly

On September 30, 2019, Deja Kelly announced (via Twitter) her final five schools: Minnesota, Duke, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and North Carolina.

Ugonne Onyiah (2020) – Duke Target
    #34 -- espnW (up from #51)
    #54 -- All Star Girls Report
    #92 -- Blue Star Report
    (not in Prospects Nation’s Top 100)
    Update regarding Ugonne Onyiah

As of early August 2019, Ugonne Onyiah has scholarship offers from Arizona, Butler, Cal, Duke, Florida, Houston, Louisville, New Mexico, St. John’s, Utah, and Washington State. She visited Arizona this past weekend.
    Last edited by CamrnCrz1974; 10-02-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Update regarding Deja Kelly

On September 30, 2019, Deja Kelly announced (via Twitter) her final five schools: Minnesota, Duke, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and North Carolina.

Update regarding Ugonne Onyiah

As of early August 2019, Ugonne Onyiah has scholarship offers from Arizona, Butler, Cal, Duke, Florida, Houston, Louisville, New Mexico, St. John’s, Utah, and Washington State. She visited Arizona this past weekend.
    Deja-Va(nessa DeJesus) would be a nice backcourt of the future.

Is Onyiah Nigerian (couldn't find anything online)? Does Akinbode-James give us any advantage there?

Kyra is going to ACC Media Day with Haley and Coach P. Is she 100%? That would be better than any recruiting news.

Is Onyiah Nigerian (couldn't find anything online)? Does Akinbode-James give us any advantage there?
    I could not find any information as to whether Ugonne Onyiah is from Nigeria.
    As an aside, it is not just Onome Akinbode-James who is from Nigeria. Duke freshman Jennifer Ezeh is from Nibo, Anambra State, Nigeria.

Kyra is going to ACC Media Day with Haley and Coach P. Is she 100%? That would be better than any recruiting news.
    Last I heard, Kyra will be good to go to start the year.

Last I heard, Kyra will be good to go to start the year.
    Awesome! Thanks, I'm a big believer in the importance of the point guard. When's the last time we had a healthy pure point guard? (rhetorical question)

As I mentioned a few weeks ago on The Devil's Den, another name to keep an eye on is Australia's Agnes Emma-Nnopu (6-0 forward).

As an update, here is the good news: Australia's Agnes Emma-Nnopu will be visiting Duke next week.

Agnes Emma-Nnopu is taking official visits to Boston College, Duke, Stanford, and Texas.

Agnes Emma-Nnopu is taking official visits to Boston College, Duke, Stanford, and Texas.
    I was going to say this recruitment is on Miela, but it turns out both BC and Texas have TWO Australians on their roster.

Fun Fact: Stanford allows you to buy the Associate Head Coach's position. Seems about everything is for sale out there.

https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball

"Fun Fact: Stanford allows you to buy the Associate Head Coach's position. Seems about everything is for sale out there."
    Duke also sells all the same naming rights.
    Trinity '97, Tent #1 '97
    Tampa

Quote Originally Posted by msdukie View Post
    Duke also sells all the same naming rights.
    Stanford has THE H_____ AND I_____ B_______ ASSOCIATE HEAD WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACH.

If Duke has anything similar, please post. It will be the first I've heard of it.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Stanford has THE H_____ AND I_____ B_______ ASSOCIATE HEAD WOMEN'S BASKETBALL COACH.

If Duke has anything similar, please post. It will be the first I've heard of it.
    Zac Roper is The Baxter Family Deputy Head Coach.

Stanford is the leader in this, but the goal is to eventually endow all coaching positions, same as with player scholarships.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    Zac Roper is The Baxter Family Deputy Head Coach.

Stanford is the leader in this, but the goal is to eventually endow all coaching positions, same as with player scholarships.
    So how much for dudog84 Head Coach Mike Krzyzewski?

And will the price be prorated after he retires?

I was going to say this recruitment is on Miela, but it turns out both BC and Texas have TWO Australians on their roster.

Fun Fact: Stanford allows you to buy the Associate Head Coach's position. Seems about everything is for sale out there.

https://gostanford.com/roster.aspx?path=wbball
    Yep. The "c*rolina way" cost about $18M.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

I was going to say this recruitment is on Miela, but it turns out both BC and Texas have TWO Australians on their
    The difference is Miela and Anges played on the Gems for the FIBA U19s. These are Australia’s best juniors.

I'm confused

That's easy for me at my age--to become confused.

Still--We have on the roster:

Jayda (32)

Jade (25)

Jada (4)

Jaida (0)

What does P say when calling to them?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim3k View Post
    That's easy for me at my age--to become confused.

Still--We have on the roster:

Jayda (32)

Jade (25)

Jada (4)

Jaida (0)

What does P say when calling to them?
    probably refers to them by numbers
    1200. DDMF.