Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 1447

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley

    2019-20 DWBB Season

    Cool news! Wanisha Smith and Keturah Jackson are back in Cameron as assistant coaches this year.

    https://www.wralsportsfan.com/former...ches/18487895/
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    If CB&B doesn't mind, I'll throw this in here (it's not season related).

    DWBB has its first 2020 recruit, PG Vanessa De Jesus from California. ESPN has her as the #57 recruit and #18 point guard in the class. But...

    MaxPreps has her as a 2018-19 5th-team All-American. Therefore they think she's one of the top 25 players in the country regardless of class.

    https://www.maxpreps.com/news/sDnP0j...ican-team-.htm

    And USAToday has her on their 2nd team all-California, the other 9 players are all Seniors and 1 Sophomore.

    https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...asketball-team

    I love a great point guard, the most important position on the team.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    boston, ma
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    If CB&B doesn't mind, I'll throw this in here (it's not season related).

    DWBB has its first 2020 recruit, PG Vanessa De Jesus from California. ESPN has her as the #57 recruit and #18 point guard in the class. But...

    MaxPreps has her as a 2018-19 5th-team All-American. Therefore they think she's one of the top 25 players in the country regardless of class.

    https://www.maxpreps.com/news/sDnP0j...ican-team-.htm

    And USAToday has her on their 2nd team all-California, the other 9 players are all Seniors and 1 Sophomore.

    https://usatodayhss.com/2019/2018-19...asketball-team

    I love a great point guard, the most important position on the team.
    Other rankings for Vanessa De Jesus:

    #57 -- ESPN
    #76 -- Blue Star Report
    #99 -- Prospects Nation

    Welcome to Duke!
    Duke 5 - UNC 4*

  4. #4
    Pretty good turnout, a couple hundred folks in blue in a sea of maroon. Probably a total of 3,000 or so in a 12,000-seat arena.

  5. #5
    Unsurprisingly, after a solid first half, we turned out to be not in the same stratosphere as TAMU in the 2nd, now 75-52 with 2:42 to play.

    No more ranked teams on the schedule in November, with the next one being mid December against SC. Hopefully this is just TAMU is really really really good and not "Here we go again."
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

    Carolina Delenda Est

  6. #6
    Minus-21 on the glass was the difference in the game. We did a respectable job against Carter (25 for the game, but only nine in the second half). Haley forced a few, some of which were pretty egregious.

    Next.

  7. #7
    With the Duke loss...

    ••• Dropped its third straight contest to Texas A&M and is now 1-6 all-time
    ••• Is now 0-4 on the road against A&M
    ••• Lost its 10th straight game against a ranked opponent and 14th consecutive road game against a ranked foe
    ••• Is now 9-7 all-time when playing in the state of Texas
    ••• Coach P is now 2-3 in the state of Texas since taking over Duke job in 2007-08
    ••• Won 39 out of the last 45 true road games in the month of November over last eight years
    ••• Coach P moved to 64-11 in November since arriving at Duke
    ••• Is now 40-26 against SEC opponents
    ••• Coach P moved to 23-23 against SEC opponents

    Duke/Texas A&M Post-Game Notes (GoDuke.com)
    https://goduke.com/documents/2019/11...game_Notes.pdf

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    The People's Republic of Travis County
    Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    With the Duke loss...

    ••• Dropped its third straight contest to Texas A&M and is now 1-6 all-time
    ••• Is now 0-4 on the road against A&M
    ••• Lost its 10th straight game against a ranked opponent and 14th consecutive road game against a ranked foe
    ••• Is now 9-7 all-time when playing in the state of Texas
    ••• Coach P is now 2-3 in the state of Texas since taking over Duke job in 2007-08
    ••• Won 39 out of the last 45 true road games in the month of November over last eight years
    ••• Coach P moved to 64-11 in November since arriving at Duke
    ••• Is now 40-26 against SEC opponents
    ••• Coach P moved to 23-23 against SEC opponents

    Duke/Texas A&M Post-Game Notes (GoDuke.com)
    https://goduke.com/documents/2019/11...game_Notes.pdf
    I guess some of the fairly terrible early Duke teams did not play against the SEC, because P is 23-23 against the SEC and Duke was 17-3 against the SEC before her arrival?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    I guess some of the fairly terrible early Duke teams did not play against the SEC, because P is 23-23 against the SEC and Duke was 17-3 against the SEC before her arrival?
    I believe Coach P's record against SEC schools is for her entire career (Maine, Michigan State, and Duke).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    greater New Orleans area
    Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    With the Duke loss...

    ...
    ••• Lost its 10th straight game against a ranked opponent and 14th consecutive road game against a ranked foe ...


    https://goduke.com/documents/2019/11...game_Notes.pdf
    ouch! very telling measurement of where the program stands performance wise. Surprised that was in the post game notes!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfanarmy View Post
    ouch! very telling measurement of where the program stands performance wise. Surprised that was in the post game notes!
    To be fair to that factoid, A&M was ranked 6th, and on their own court.
    Also to be fair, there was a time not that long ago that we would have at least been competitive. We'll be playing some other ranked teams this year, and some will be outside of the top 10. Those will be the ones to get a better gauge on where this team is, and if there is improvement from last year or more of the same.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    greater New Orleans area
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    To be fair to that factoid, A&M was ranked 6th, and on their own court.
    Also to be fair, there was a time not that long ago that we would have at least been competitive. We'll be playing some other ranked teams this year, and some will be outside of the top 10. Those will be the ones to get a better gauge on where this team is, and if there is improvement from last year or more of the same.
    Right and right. From where I sit, the drop off in TV coverage is as telling as anything. Just can't find the Duke women on national coverage anymore.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Ugh.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by dudog84 View Post
    Ugh.
    24-21 HT score...on the losing side. That's not good.
    If Duke loses this game, the whole season is gonna be a wash.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    24-21 HT score...on the losing side. That's not good.
    If Duke loses this game, the whole season is gonna be a wash.
    A "wash" is too clean of a term.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya
    The only positive I take away from that mess is that Kyra is moving really well. The season depends on her.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Whew, they woke up. But still...that was not an impressive win.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    6 miles from Heaven, 10 miles from Hell
    Duke-Northwestern tied at the half at 25. First quarter was 19-11 NW. we switched to man to man, and that messed up the Wildcats. After starting hot from 3, they ended the half 3-11.

    Offensively, well...

    Actually, I see signs of life from the frosh Baines and Claude, they seem to have a clue what to do, just haven’t executed fully. Jade Williams I believe is the high scorer with 6, but like the UNLV game isn’t really playing well. Miala’s missed a few open shots, and rushed a few others. leoanna’s shot’s off, too, but is getting some open looks.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    6 miles from Heaven, 10 miles from Hell
    And then an 8-0 run by NW to start the second half, just like the first.

  20. #20
    SOOOOOO Many Missed Layups this quarter. It is getting painful to watch.

    Northwestern isn't playing particularly well, Duke just can't convert any of its looks - and a lot of them are pretty darn close.
    <devildeac> anyone playing drinking games by now?
    7:49:36<Wander> drink every qb run?
    7:49:38<loran16> umm, drink every time asack rushes?
    7:49:38<wolfybeard> @devildeac: drink when Asack runs a keeper
    7:49:39 PM<CB&B> any time zack runs, drink

    Carolina Delenda Est

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL, 2019 Season
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 01-20-2020, 12:57 PM
  2. Major League Baseball - 2019 Season
    By sagegrouse in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 210
    Last Post: 10-02-2019, 08:24 AM
  3. Lax: 2019 Season
    By burnspbesq in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 645
    Last Post: 06-04-2019, 08:06 AM
  4. NBA Regular season thread 2019
    By JasonEvans in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 418
    Last Post: 03-12-2019, 08:07 PM
  5. DWBB: 2018 Season
    By jimsumner in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 640
    Last Post: 04-17-2018, 10:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •