Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1506
    The win over FSU pushed Duke up to number 31, according to realtimeRPI.com.

That’s not “last four in” territory, that’s 9 or 10 seed territory.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    The win over FSU pushed Duke up to number 31, according to realtimeRPI.com.

That’s not “last four in” territory, that’s 9 or 10 seed territory.
    As I posted above in the elation of our win yesterday, barring an epic collapse, our ladies our in. That is enjoyably unexpected, and will translate to every game remaining in our season as being stress inducing. (For me, not for the team; I have confidence in their poise, especially after Sunday.)
    I think Charlie Creme releases his latest predictions tomorrow, we'll see if he is line with your predictions. I think he will be, especially after watching his split screen interview during the game. (Grrrr to split screen)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Charlie Creme slots Duke in as a 9 seed in his latest Bracketology projection. It would be a one weekend tourney since we'd be playing Baylor in Waco.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Charlie Creme slots Duke in as a 9 seed in his latest Bracketology projection. It would be a one weekend tourney since we'd be playing Baylor in Waco.

It's a little early to worry about bracket placement. Let's get in the tourney first, then we can worry about how the rest of the seeds shake out.

Duke women's basketball keeps it rolling against Florida State
    The Chronicle
    https://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...-florida-state

“What’s made it great is this team has been in the tunnel and totally focusing on the game in front of us, and everybody, they have come collectively together to play,” head coach Joanne P. McCallie said. “That’s part of our thing right now, it’s us focusing on us and anything can happen, and that’s exactly the position we want to put ourselves in.”

Whatever issues I have had and still have with the coach, I'm thrilled to see the team turn this season around and I really hope it keeps rolling!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinDevil View Post
    Whatever issues I have had and still have with the coach, I'm thrilled to see the team turn this season around and I really hope it keeps rolling!
    Yup. The outcome of each game is independent of your personal rooting interests and it follows that McCallie's fate is similarly independent. Why then dwell on a fate that you can't determine and make yourself unhappy in the process? Enjoy the season while it's on an upswing. CBB seems to think Duke is a lock for the NCAAs. At 15-10, I'm not so sure about that, this team still has a bunch of work to do.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    Yup. The outcome of each game is independent of your personal rooting interests and it follows that McCallie's fate is similarly independent. Why then dwell on a fate that you can't determine and make yourself unhappy in the process? Enjoy the season while it's on an upswing. CBB seems to think Duke is a lock for the NCAAs. At 15-10, I'm not so sure about that, this team still has a bunch of work to do.
    I don't think we are a lock...yet. While winning 3 of our last 4 would be nice, I think going at least 2-2 is pretty mandatory; it would not impress the committee to see us walking into March on a downward trend. Only one will be a home game, but we've proven that we can play well on the road. One of the games is against UVA, that should be a win, especially on Senior night. VT will be a tough matchup, and likely we will both still be tied for third place. State in Reynolds is going to be really tough, but they have been slipping lately, and we came so close in our first game. I expect both those two road games to be very physical.
    Carolina on their senior night is a total trap, even though they are not a good team. (Not anymore, anyway.)

Yup. The outcome of each game is independent of your personal rooting interests and it follows that McCallie's fate is similarly independent. Why then dwell on a fate that you can't determine and make yourself unhappy in the process?
    Well, by that logic, why dwell on the outcome of a game? I understand where you want to go, but I'm having trouble following that particular path to get there. On the other hand...

Enjoy the season while it's on an upswing. CBB seems to think Duke is a lock for the NCAAs. At 15-10, I'm not so sure about that, this team still has a bunch of work to do.
    I certainly agree with this. And in the spirit of enjoying what we've been seeing recently, think about this: The three best teams in the ACC are Louisville, NCSU, and FSU. We lost to Louisville at Louisville by just 5 points during our dark streak. We seem to be a better team now than we were then. We lost to NCSU on our home floor by just 3 points in a game we definitely had a chance to win, and NCSU has lost to both GATech and the Cheats. We beat FSU, granted by just 2 points at Cameron, but we made it happen. In short, it is not inconceivable for this team to win the ACC Tourney. I'm not saying that outcome is likely, and it will take a lot of work to get from here to there. Would anyone have been willing to even entertain the possibility on January 1st?

Enjoy the ride.

If that happens, I’ll be there. Waco is only an hour away.

AustinDevil, you in?

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    It's a little early to worry about bracket placement. Let's get in the tourney first, then we can worry about how the rest of the seeds shake out.
    I'm not worried about it, but I am enjoying the early guessing game. It's the team's job to get to the tourney (and I think they will); it's my job as a fan to have unexpected fun looking ahead.

Creme has Duke, Tennessee, and Texas all as nine seeds.

Seventeen years ago, that was three quarters of the Final Four.

Things change.

Quote Originally Posted by burnspbesq View Post
    If that happens, I’ll be there. Waco is only an hour away.

AustinDevil, you in?
    Absolutely. Wouldn’t be the first Duke-Baylor event I’ve attended in Wacko.

I'm not worried about it, but I am enjoying the early guessing game. It's the team's job to get to the tourney (and I think they will); it's my job as a fan to have unexpected fun looking ahead.
    Sorry, I guess I heard angst more than fun. It's probably just me. Carry on!

Boykin expected to play tonight against UVA.

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Dozens here in Cameron. Roads are OK, but snow covering cars, grass and the like.

Duke leads 18-9 after one period. Zero fouls called on either team.

18-9 after one.

Good defense and mostly good ball movement. Haley has a couple of threes, and we have a few easy shots underneath.

Virginia does not look very good.

Duke up 31-15.

And 35-20 at the half.

How did we lose to this team up there?