Page 59 of 76 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 1506
    Instead of men’s basketball’s “Beat Duke then tank” that state does every year, here we have Beat State then Tank.

Two straight games an opposing big has just been unstoppable except VT is up, unlike state

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Wow we've gone cold
    39% from the floor so far, and that's an improvement from earlier in the quarter. We are still bleeding the basketball, giving it away 11 times already, to 7 for the Hokies. We have no answer for the high-low double post, which has led to Tech shooting 55% from the field. We've got to protect the ball and find a solution to their bigs.

Virginia Tech is getting an easy, uncontested layup on almost every possession, because Duke's post players seem to think they're not allowed to move once they've taken a position in the lane. Between the turnovers and the complete absence of any interior defense, this is looking a lot like the team we saw in December and early November. Sad to see after the recent upswing. Maybe they can turn it around in the second half . . .

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Boykin is leading the team with 3 of our 11 TOs. Gorecki and Odom each have two.
    When our three primary ball handlers are the only ones with multiple numbers in that stat line, it's not a good half.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Still not shooting well, but the defense is MUCH better. We've cut the deficit in half. LGD!!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Ladies are doing a much better job of containing Kitley, and it is helping us crawl back in it. Down 6 with over 5 left in the 3rd.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

If we could make our FTs, we'd be winning. We were 5-5 in the first half and have missed all 6 in the second so far.

Hope there's less to Odom's ankle problem than it looked like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    Hope there's less to Odom's ankle problem than it looked like.
    And maybe so. She's starting the fourth quarter.

Bye Jade...sigh. We are reverting.

Stick a fork in this one. Biggest Tech lead of the night comes seconds after Jade fouls out. We just don't have it in this one.

Bright side, the Lady Heels are getting trounced by ND by 20 points.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Bright side, the Lady Heels are getting trounced by ND by 20 points.
    That's good, but I hate facing them Sunday in a "must win" situation.

Only bright side to tonight... if we win Sunday... we will be the #3 seed in Greensboro.

Quote Originally Posted by Phredd3 View Post
    That's good, but I hate facing them Sunday in a "must win" situation.
    After tonight's game and our fireless play, I expect we'll be playing with a bit more spark. Hope so anyway.

After a good third quarter when Duke was able to tighten up the defense and chip away to get the margin down to 4, Tech capitalized on more Duke turnovers and hit a few three-point shots to stretch the lead back out to 15, so I threw in the towel. While I'm usually reluctant to single out individual players for criticism here, I'll say that I was very disappointed in the play of Jade Williams and Akinbode-James in this game on both ends of the floor. It appeared to me that Gorecki and Odom played well enough to lead Duke to a win, but they simply did not get the necessary contributions from others.

Mikayla Boykin has played in 15 (out of 16) games in January and February 2020. Duke is 9-6 in those 15 games.

With the medical restriction was lifted and Boykin working her way back into the lineup, Duke’s W/L percentage has improved exponentially.
    • Duke is 8-3 (.727) in games in which Boykin plays at least 19 minutes per game.
    • Duke is 5-0 (1.000) when Boykin has at least four (4) assists per game.
    • Duke is 6-2 (.750) when Boykin has at least three (3) assists per game.
    • Duke is 7-3 (.700) when Boykin has at least one (1) steal per game.
    • Duke is 3-0 (1.000) when Boykin pulls down at least four (4) rebounds per game.
    • Duke is 5-1 (.833) when Boykin scores in double figures.
    • Duke is 8-1 (.889) when Boykin scores at least six (6) points per game.

Quote Originally Posted by CamrnCrz1974 View Post
    Mikayla Boykin has played in 15 (out of 16) games in January and February 2020. Duke is 9-6 in those 15 games.

With the medical restriction was lifted and Boykin working her way back into the lineup, Duke’s W/L percentage has improved exponentially.
    • Duke is 8-3 (.727) in games in which Boykin plays at least 19 minutes per game.
    • Duke is 5-0 (1.000) when Boykin has at least four (4) assists per game.
    • Duke is 6-2 (.750) when Boykin has at least three (3) assists per game.
    • Duke is 7-3 (.700) when Boykin has at least one (1) steal per game.
    • Duke is 3-0 (1.000) when Boykin pulls down at least four (4) rebounds per game.
    • Duke is 5-1 (.833) when Boykin scores in double figures.
    • Duke is 8-1 (.889) when Boykin scores at least six (6) points per game.
    I say give the ball to Boykin. She has helped turn the team around. That's for sure.

GoDuke!

I moved. Now 12 miles from Heaven, 13 from Hell
    Quote Originally Posted by triaddukefan View Post
    Only bright side to tonight... if we win Sunday... we will be the #3 seed in Greensboro.
    I ran a few configurations.

If we beat the cheats we’re third, as you mentioned.

If Va Tech loses to Louisville, we have a double-bye regardless. Third if FSU loses, fourth if they win.

If VT beats Louisville, we’ll be fourth if FSU loses, and fifth if they beat ND.

Let’s take care of business ourselves, and not depend on Louisville or ND.

Quote Originally Posted by DU82 View Post
    I ran a few configurations.
    If we beat the cheats we’re third, as you mentioned.
    If Va Tech loses to Louisville, we have a double-bye regardless. Third if FSU loses, fourth if they win.
    If VT beats Louisville, we’ll be fourth if FSU loses, and fifth if they beat ND.
    Let’s take care of business ourselves, and not depend on Louisville or ND.
    9F always, but keep in mind VT @ Louisville is not 50-50. ND @ FSU is a little more even.