Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Wimbledon 2019

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Federer had a great serving day and backed it up with excellent net play. Entertaining match.

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Federer had a great serving day and backed it up with excellent net play. Entertaining match.
    Yeah, aside from the second set where he appeared to give up after getting broken, Federer just managed that match brilliantly. Kept Nadal off-balance. He didn't have a huge serve game, but was largely successful in keeping Nadal deep. And of course was great at the net.

    He'll need an even better day on Sunday to beat Djokovic. Should be fun though!

  3. #43
    It was big that Fed managed to close it out in 4. Still an underdog on Sunday, but going 5 today would have made it that much harder. I'd love to see him win, though I'm not optimistic, but I hope it's a competitive match. Today was fun to watch.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Serena is so close now. She just has to overpower Strycova in the semi that's been played now, and then she has a 9-1 head to head record against Halep in the final. If Serena can't close here, one might have to wonder whether she's ever going to win another Slam.
    I didn't so much think Serena would win as assumed she would. And while admittedly that may have been unfair to Halep, this was certainly not what anyone would reasonably have expected. Just a total rout. Big credit to Halep for a spectacular performance. And now Serena has to return to the scene of the crime, so to speak, for another go at #24.
    Demented and sad, but social, right?

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue in the Face View Post
    I didn't so much think Serena would win as assumed she would. And while admittedly that may have been unfair to Halep, this was certainly not what anyone would reasonably have expected. Just a total rout. Big credit to Halep for a spectacular performance. And now Serena has to return to the scene of the crime, so to speak, for another go at #24.
    Yep, Halep looked great. Nothing Serena could do really. Total domination. Oddly, I checked CNN and the lead sports article has a title of what Serena talked about in the post game press conference but doesn't say the result of the match! Bizzaro world.

    And go Fed!

  6. #46
    No breaks in the first set and goes to a tiebreak with Fed leading 5-4, then loses three points to lose it 7-5 in the breaker. Brutal. But then somehow is now on a roll and broke Djoker twice and up 4-0 and dominating in the second. Big change of momentum.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Colfax, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluedog View Post
    No breaks in the first set and goes to a tiebreak with Fed leading 5-4, then loses three points to lose it 7-5 in the breaker. Brutal. But then somehow is now on a roll and broke Djoker twice and up 4-0 and dominating in the second. Big change of momentum.

    Started watching at 5 all in the third. Fed just held at love to take the 4th set. Has been a fun match so far.

    Come on Fed!!

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    On serve in the fifth set. If you think it's too late to watch, think again.

  9. #49
    11-10 fifth set. Stunning.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NC
    Wow is all I have. That was fun.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    What an amazing match! I feel fortunate to have watched that, even though I was hoping for Federer. So close and such a high level of play.
    “Those two kids, they’re champions,” Krzyzewski said of his senior leaders. “They’re trying to teach the other kids how to become that, and it’s a long road to become that.”

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Hated seeing Fed lose on nothing but tie breakers. I think that new rule about the 12/12 tiebreaker should the thrown out for the finals.

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Hated seeing Fed lose on nothing but tie breakers. I think that new rule about the 12/12 tiebreaker should the thrown out for the finals.
    They'd still be playing into the dark.

    Not saying that's necessarily bad.

Similar Threads

  1. Wimbledon 2018
    By pfrduke in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM
  2. Wimbledon '16
    By Mal in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-10-2016, 04:44 PM
  3. Wimbledon Finals
    By 91.92.01DUKE in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-09-2008, 01:37 PM
  4. Wimbledon
    By Bluedog in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-03-2008, 10:55 AM
  5. Wimbledon
    By mapei in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-11-2007, 05:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •