Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Right. I thought the "a piece of him got stuck on our side when we closed the gate" was going to lead back to the more subtle/less scene stuff we got in season one. I'm definitely more interested in "mysterious shadow monster" than "2 story tall giant flesh monster". The monster in season 1 was actually scary...the new monster was mostly just gross. The monsters in season two were more numerous than frightening, but there was good plot tension and everything moved at a nice pace where interesting stuff kept happening with a bit of a "search for the truth" vibe.

I was also confused at how closing the Russian gate killed the monster. When they closed the gate in season two, did the piece of him left behind die/lie dormant until the Russians started opening theirs or what?
    Here's a 30 minute video in which the Duffer Brothers tick off a dozen or more movie homages from seasons one, two, and three. Not bad Sunday morning watching.

Interesting that at one point they note that they were 6 years old in 1990, meaning most of the nostalgia they perfectly nail about being a kid in the early 80s, they didn't experience themselves.

'Stranger Things' Creators Reveal Show's Major Movie References
    https://www.huffpost.com/entry/stran...b0c31569e9a2b2

So, in my boredom I decided to re-watch Stranger Things. I had forgotten about all the random North Carolina references (Eno, Jordan Lake, and several others). Looked it up and apparently the Duffer brothers are from Durham, and went to Jordan High School (may alma mater, I think we might have even briefly been there at the same time although they are older than me). Did everyone else already know this and I just completely missed it?

P.S. Sorry to anyone who sees this thread at the top and gets excited thinking there will be news about the next season.

P.S. Sorry to anyone who sees this thread at the top and gets excited thinking there will be news about the next season.
    Doh! Cool connection, though.

So, in my boredom I decided to re-watch Stranger Things. I had forgotten about all the random North Carolina references (Eno, Jordan Lake, and several others). Looked it up and apparently the Duffer brothers are from Durham, and went to Jordan High School (may alma mater, I think we might have even briefly been there at the same time although they are older than me). Did everyone else already know this and I just completely missed it?

You completely missed it, but that's OK! Did you notice the similarities b/tw their mall and South Square?

I loved season 1, was kind of lukewarm on season 2. Definitely looking forward to season 3.
    Same. I know many fans liked season 2 as much or more but for me the feel of season 1 was truly special.

I used to live a mile from Lochnora, the Durham neighborhood modeled in the show. The series brought back so many cool 80’s memories.