Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Has anyone fouled out yet this summer?
    I thought Javin returned to Duke. GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Exactly, individual off the cuff puns aren't as remarkelleable as group efforts...
    Dare I continue this punfest? Shoot (,) I can't.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Dare I continue this punfest? Shoot (,) I can't.
    Come on. Keep it coming. Don’t hesitate.

Next up: the Miami Heat announced a Summer League roster in the early afternoon. Draft pick Tyler Herro and nepotism pick Trey Mourning make the list. KZ Okpala will probably join once his trade is final.

Not sure why only Southeast Division teams -- Washington, Orlando, Miami -- had announced so far. (I know, Croatia has too, but they're in Southeast Europe.)

Anyway, the Golden State Warriors crashed geographical trends and provided us with their roster a couple of hours later. Draft picks Jordan Poole, Alen Smailagić, and Eric Paschall will play. Also included are Ky Bowman and blasts-from-the-past Jimmer Fredette and Travis Wear.

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    Speaking of the Grizzlies, they got #21 pick Brandon Clarke by draft day trade, and Grayson Allen in the Mike Conley trade, but neither can join the team until the trades are completed on July 6 (which is Day 2 of the Las Vegas Summer League). This article from the Memphis paper speculates that Clarke's addition to the Summer League roster is "probable" and Allen's is "questionable".
    And now the Memphis paper speculates that Grayson Allen will play Summer League for Memphis once the trade is complete.
    Last edited by brevity; 06-26-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Another day, another set of rosters. Today we have 3 of the 4 teams playing in SLC Summer League.

The San Antonio Spurs roster (announced yesterday evening with no fanfare, which is a very Spurs thing to do) will include draft picks Luka Samanic, Keldon Johnson, and Quinndary Weatherspoon, along with former lottery pick Thomas Robinson and opposite-of-lottery-pick Kenny Williams.

The Cleveland Cavaliers roster came earlier today, and the big surprises are that Darius Garland intends to play, and John Beilein will be coaching for at least the three days in Salt Lake City. Also listed are draft picks Dylan Windler and Kevin Porter Jr, as well as the undrafted Marques Bolden, Phil Booth, and Dean Wade.

Finally, the hometown Utah Jazz announced their roster about an hour ago, and aside from second-year player Tony Bradley and UMBC world-beater turned G-Leaguer Jairus Lyles, I don't know these names. Not even the 3 draft picks. Good thing this event is generally well-attended.

The Jazz also announced TV information for the SLC Summer League games. The Grizzlies-Jazz game on opening night (July 1) will be on ESPN2. The event's other five games will be on NBATV.

Keep in mind that some of these rosters for the Sacramento and Salt Lake City events could change before the Las Vegas league starts.

The NBA will implement a coach's challenge during summer league play this year. It is expected to be utilized during the 2019-2020 regular season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN Article by Zach Lowe
    Coaches will get only one challenge per game, whether it is successful or unsuccessful, according to the memo. They can use it to challenge only called fouls, goaltending, basket interference and plays when the ball is knocked out of bounds, the memo says. The NBA has tested this version of the challenge system in the G League over the past two seasons... the coach must "twirl his/her index finger toward the referees" to signal for the challenge, the memo states*
    https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...llenges-summer

*I anticipate many finger twirl oriented memes in the not too distant future.

Good thing they specified "index" finger. Otherwise I could see coaches taking liberties with their choice of finger.

Almost got it right. You would have nailed it completely with, "...we will be given the Fultz story, Markelle my words."

"THAT'S NOT FUNNY! TOO SOON!" - Regards, Bryan "Sonny Corleone" Colangelo

The remaining three teams who see action on Monday (Kings and Lakers in Sacramento, Grizzlies in Salt Lake City) have finally announced their rosters. So have the Pacers and world champion Raptors.

The Los Angeles Lakers quietly released their Summer League roster yesterday evening, and if you squint a little, it might be their upcoming regular season roster too. Third-year player Joe Young is the only non-NBA rookie in this lucky group of thirteen. Draft pick Talen Horton-Tucker is listed here but is reportedly out for the California Classic. So undrafted free agents Jordan Caroline and Zach Norvell Jr. join former collegians Conner Frankamp and Codi Miller-McIntyre. Coby Karl and Miles Simon will split head coaching duties. Showtime!

The hometown Sacramento Kings have 50 percent less Duke on their mini-camp and Summer League roster: Marvin Bagley is there and Harry Giles is not. Fans on Twitter find this concerning. Is he still injured? Trade bait? Rumors abound. Joining Bagley are draft pick Kyle Guy and some familiar names: Frank Mason III, Caleb Swanigan, Semaj Christon, Wenyen Gabriel. Mini-camp started today.

The Kings link above also mentions that all six games of the California Classic will be televised: ESPN2 will show Lakers-Warriors on Tuesday -- either because no one at ESPN bothered to check the rosters, or because they think nostalgic viewers will embrace the Warriors' Jimmer Fredette the way they mindlessly flock to revived TV shows. Anyway, the rest of the games are on NBATV.

The Memphis Grizzlies roster for Summer League has a Murray State guard on it, but it's Shaq Buchanan, Ja Morant's backcourt mate. To recap, no Morant (knee surgery), Brandon Clarke (draft day trade not final), or Grayson Allen (Mike Conley trade not final). The roster should look more enticing after July 6.

The Indiana Pacers have built a roster to showcase draft pick Goga Bitadze with one goal in mind: an endorsement from Go-Gurt. "He's the Shizz," said Aaron Holiday. "No, I am," replied Shizz Alston.

Finally, the Toronto Raptors break new "Who?" barriers with their roster. I recognize Chris Boucher as the injured guy Oregon didn't have when they made the 2017 Final Four. He is a two-year NBA player who somehow has two championship rings (one with the Warriors, one with the Raptors). The Raptors are willing to send their good luck charm south of the border along with not much else; their video coordinator will be coaching the team.

ETA: The Denver Nuggets snuck in a roster while I wrote this. It includes injured 2018 draft pick Michael Porter Jr. but not injured 2019 draft pick Bol Bol.
    Last edited by brevity; 06-28-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Curses

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    The remaining three teams who see action on Monday (Kings and Lakers in Sacramento, Grizzlies in Salt Lake City) have finally announced their rosters. So have the Pacers and world champion Raptors.

The Los Angeles Lakers quietly released their Summer League roster yesterday evening, and if you squint a little, it might be their upcoming regular season roster too. Third-year player Joe Young is the only non-NBA rookie in this lucky group of thirteen. Draft pick Talen Horton-Tucker is listed here but is reportedly out for the California Classic. So undrafted free agents Jordan Caroline and Zach Norvell Jr. join former collegians Conner Frankamp and Codi Miller-McIntyre. Coby Karl and Miles Simon will split head coaching duties. Showtime!

The hometown Sacramento Kings have 50 percent less Duke on their mini-camp and Summer League roster: Marvin Bagley is there and Harry Giles is not. Fans on Twitter find this concerning. Is he still injured? Trade bait? Rumors abound. Joining Bagley are draft pick Kyle Guy and some familiar names: Frank Mason III, Caleb Swanigan, Semaj Christon, Wenyen Gabriel. Mini-camp started today.

The Kings link above also mentions that all six games of the California Classic will be televised: ESPN2 will show Lakers-Warriors on Tuesday -- either because no one at ESPN bothered to check the rosters, or because they think nostalgic viewers will embrace the Warriors' Jimmer Fredette the way they mindlessly flock to revived TV shows. Anyway, the rest of the games are on NBATV.

The Memphis Grizzlies roster for Summer League has a Murray State guard on it, but it's Shaq Buchanan, Ja Morant's backcourt mate. To recap, no Morant (knee surgery), Brandon Clarke (draft day trade not final), or Grayson Allen (Mike Conley trade not final). The roster should look more enticing after July 6.

The Indiana Pacers have built a roster to showcase draft pick Goga Bitadze with one goal in mind: an endorsement from Go-Gurt. "He's the Shizz," said Aaron Holiday. "No, I am," replied Shizz Alston.

Finally, the Toronto Raptors break new "Who?" barriers with their roster. I recognize Chris Boucher as the injured guy Oregon didn't have when they made the 2017 Final Four. He is a two-year NBA player who somehow has two championship rings (one with the Warriors, one with the Raptors). The Raptors are willing to send their good luck charm south of the border along with not much else; their video coordinator will be coaching the team.

ETA: The Denver Nuggets snuck in a roster while I wrote this. It includes injured 2018 draft pick Michael Porter Jr. but not injured 2019 draft pick Bol Bol.
    Still can't spork. Hilarity ensued anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JetpackJesus View Post
    Still can't spork. Hilarity ensued anyway.
    Gotcha covered. I'm amazed however at the number of folks I'm "unable" to spork anymore. Must be my age...

Gotcha covered. I'm amazed however at the number of folks I'm "unable" to spork anymore. Must be my age...
    Ah the good ol' days. We could spork anyone, anywhere, anytime, and as many times as we wanted.

No one has ever been as promiscuous as I remember being …
    Last edited by -jk; 06-29-2019 at 11:25 AM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    Ah the good ol' days. We could spork anyone, anywhere, anytime, and as many times as we wanted.

I find that as I get older, I don’t spork as often as I used to as well...

That's how social disease is spread.

When I was a kid we had to spork going uphill. In the snow.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    When I was a kid we had to spork going uphill. In the snow.
    But it was uphill both directions, wasn't it?

I dost protest …

I chose "prolific" - "producing many works"

It was edited - without my consent - to "promiscuous" - "demonstrating or implying an undiscriminating or unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual."

I maintain that my sporking was NEVER unselective, indiscriminate or casual!

I dost protest …

I chose "prolific" - "producing many works"

It was edited - without my consent - to "promiscuous" - "demonstrating or implying an undiscriminating or unselective approach; indiscriminate or casual."

I maintain that my sporking was NEVER unselective, indiscriminate or casual!
    Methinks he doth protest too much. 😎

It's Saturday, so brevity can't timezone me by posting when I am at work.

The Hornets decided that today was a good to release their roster, probably because there are no luxury tax implications:
    https://www.nba.com/hornets/press-re...er-league-2019

As we all know, they have a quota for players from a certain team. It may actually be two spots and Kennedy Meeks counts as filling both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    It's Saturday, so brevity can't timezone me by posting when I am at work.

The Hornets decided that today was a good to release their roster, probably because there are no luxury tax implications:
    https://www.nba.com/hornets/press-re...er-league-2019

As we all know, they have a quota for players from a certain team. It may actually be two spots and Kennedy Meeks counts as filling both of them.
    If they signed Sean May that would almost assuredly "round out" their roster.