Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

2019 NBA Summer League

I will rely on awhom111 and others to scour the Internet for roster announcements, but here is some introductory information for Summer League play in Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas.

JULY 1-3 in Sacramento: California Classic

Teams: Kings, Warriors, Lakers, Heat (I guess the Clippers were busy)

Round robin play over 3 days. Doubleheaders each day. Click the above link for schedule. TV broadcast info not known.

JULY 1-3 in Salt Lake City: SLC Summer League

Teams: Jazz, Grizzlies, Spurs, Cavaliers (Bolden?)

Round robin play over 3 days. Doubleheaders each day. Click the above link for schedule. TV broadcast to be decided.

JULY 5-15 in Las Vegas: MGM Resorts Summer League (main NBA Summer League page)

Teams: All 30, plus China and Croatia

Full schedule and TV info below the article here. Every Las Vegas game is televised on an ESPN channel or NBATV.

The article mentions the headliner: Zion and the Pelicans open on Friday night against RJ and the Knicks. (High draft picks are used sparingly in Summer League, but barring any injury concerns, they should both play this first game.)

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    I will rely on awhom111 and others to scour the Internet for roster announcements, but here is some introductory information for Summer League play in Sacramento, Salt Lake City, and Las Vegas...

JULY 5-15 in Las Vegas: MGM Resorts Summer League (main NBA Summer League page)

The article mentions the headliner: Zion and the Pelicans open on Friday night against RJ and the Knicks. (High draft picks are used sparingly in Summer League, but barring any injury concerns, they should both play this first game.)

It took 2 Dukies to make this match-up "must see TV"

This will have better ratings than any REGULAR SEASON Knicks - Pelicans match-up in history!

Marquis signed w Cavs

Some updates.

Who needs a GM anyway? The Wizards are the first to announce a Summer League roster. It includes draft picks Rui Hachimura and Admiral Schofield, plus 16 people I barely remember or never knew (undrafted rookies, G-Leaguers, former collegians playing abroad).

Good news for the Sacramento Summer League: Marvin Bagley and Harry Giles are in. They will join draft pick Kyle Guy in the California Classic.

Bad news for the SLC Summer League: Ja Morant is out. The Grizzlies' #2 pick had minor knee surgery and will be out of action for a few weeks.

Speaking of the Grizzlies, they got #21 pick Brandon Clarke by draft day trade, and Grayson Allen in the Mike Conley trade, but neither can join the team until the trades are completed on July 6 (which is Day 2 of the Las Vegas Summer League). This article from the Memphis paper speculates that Clarke's addition to the Summer League roster is "probable" and Allen's is "questionable".

Good news for the Sacramento Summer League: Marvin Bagley and Harry Giles are in. They will join draft pick Kyle Guy in the California Classic.
    I'll be shocked if Bagley plays in more than 1 or 2 summer league games. Guys who plyed 25+ minutes per game and scored almost 15 ppg in the NBA have nothing to gain by playing in Summer League.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Has anyone fouled out yet this summer?
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

...Every Las Vegas game is televised on an ESPN channel or NBATV.

The article mentions the headliner: Zion and the Pelicans open on Friday night against RJ and the Knicks...
    That might make a nice change from espn's 24/7 replay of every Duke game from this past season. I love my Duke but good grief, can the rest of the country's fan population get any more riled up against us?

I mean, I can take the haters all on single-handedly but let's just see what else is on.
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post
    That might make a nice change from espn's 24/7 replay of every Duke game from this past season. I love my Duke but good grief, can the rest of the country's fan population get any more riled up against us?

I mean, I can take the haters all on single-handedly but let's just see what else is on.
    Something else on?!? As if …

Wait. Really? There are other teams on TV?

Why?

Quote Originally Posted by weezie View Post

I hear you, but I really enjoyed watching the last seven minutes of the Duke-Virginia Cameron game last night, in which, in case you don't remember, we beat the previously undefeated Cavaliers despite not having Tre Jones in the line up.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    I hear you, but I really enjoyed watching the last seven minutes of the Duke-Virginia Cameron game last night, in which, in case you don't remember, we beat the previously undefeated Cavaliers despite not having Tre Jones in the line up.
    Just watched the replay of Duke beating Carolina in the ACC semifinals. Watching Duke v FSU now.

Gosh, I miss Zion and RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    ...in case you don't remember...
    In case I don't remember?
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Now the Orlando Magic have a Summer League roster. Mo Bamba and Amile Jefferson headline. (Draft pick Chuma Okeke is still injured, and Markelle Fultz is still not ready.)

USA Today has an interesting Summer League roster tracker that collects and updates what we know so far about who is playing for what team. It isn't perfect -- it has the full Magic roster and not the Wizards -- but, in the absence of complete information, it's not bad.

Now the Orlando Magic have a Summer League roster. Mo Bamba and Amile Jefferson headline. (Draft pick Chuma Okeke is still injured, and Markelle Fultz is still not ready.)

USA Today has an interesting Summer League roster tracker that collects and updates what we know so far about who is playing for what team. It isn't perfect -- it has the full Magic roster and not the Wizards -- but, in the absence of complete information, it's not bad.
    The Markelle Fultz update sounds exactly like all the updates from the 76ers when he was with them. His continues to be one of the strangest sagas I've witnessed because I still don't feel like we fully understand what the heck is happening. But he's in shape, so there's that...

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    The Markelle Fultz update sounds exactly like all the updates from the 76ers when he was with them. His continues to be one of the strangest sagas I've witnessed because I still don't feel like we fully understand what the heck is happening. But he's in shape, so there's that...
    Hopefully in the not too distant future, we will be given the Fultz story.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Almost got it right. You would have nailed it completely with, "...we will be given the Fultz story, Markelle my words."

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

When Fultz first got hurt, did he become Bruno Caboclo: 2 years away from being 2 years away?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Almost got it right. You would have nailed it completely with, "...we will be given the Fultz story, Markelle my words."

He was being subtle, …

he didn't want to leave a Markelle.

Here is Croatia's roster with Antonio and his teammates:
    https://www.hks-cbf.hr/vijesti/2019/...reprezentacija

I don't believe that China has announced its final roster yet. They have been playing games against a selection of Australian players from their national league.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post

DD - I think Subzero02 just didn’t want to shoulder all the responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Wave Dukie View Post
    DD - I think Subzero02 just didn’t want to shoulder all the responsibility.
    Exactly, individual off the cuff puns aren't as remarkelleable as group efforts...