Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottdude8 View Post
    Sort of odd for Utah to target Conley since Donovan Mitchell is a PG, unless they want to put him off the ball with a pass first PG in Conley.
    I don't see Mitchell as a PG at all. I mean, he played alongside Ricky Rubio last season. Sure, Mitchell is 6-3, which is a little short for a 2-guard, but Mitchell has done fine in that role thus far.

As for Grayson on Memphis, a lot depends on what they do with Avery Bradley. His contract is only partially guaranteed ($2 mil of the $12 mil he is owed) and if Memphis is in tank/rebuild mode (they are) then keeping Bradley on an expiring deal doesn't make much sense. They've also got CJ Miles on an expiring contract and that is about it for SGs. I suspect they will at least give Grayson decent rotation minutes as a way of seeing how he develops.

-Jason "outside shooting... Grayson needs to get his 3-pointer to 35%+ or he will likely never be a significant player for a NBA team" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    Confirms Grizz are drafting Morant with the #2 pick.
    Probably. I did hear a rumor/suggestion (can't remember where) about the Pelicans offering the 4 pick and Lonzo to Memphis for the 2 pick so the Pelicans could grab R.J.. Then Memphis would have a point guard and they could still pick 4. Didn't really seem likely to me, but I guess it's still possible.

Yeah I'm kind of bummed, it takes a lot of the drama out of the next two days. (hoping those are some famous last words. I like draft drama).

Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Probably. I did hear a rumor/suggestion (can't remember where) about the Pelicans offering the 4 pick and Lonzo to Memphis for the 2 pick so the Pelicans could grab R.J.. Then Memphis would have a point guard and they could still pick 4. Didn't really seem likely to me, but I guess it's still possible.
    Memphis would also be assured of getting Garland with the #4... and it is not impossible to imagine that some folks might value him almost as high as Morant.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

ooh, wonder what Conley thinks of this...SLC ain't for everyone. Good team attributes, but socially a bit weird for many.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Memphis would also be assured of getting Garland with the #4... and it is not impossible to imagine that some folks might value him almost as high as Morant.
    Yep. I've also heard that the Knicks are having a workout with Garland, so it's possible that RJ would be there for New Orleans and they could still keep Lonzo. Lot's of uncertainty there. Do the Pelicans really want Lonzo? Would Williamson, Ingram and Barret really all work together? But if I was a N.O. fan I think I'd be excited regardless.

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    Quote Originally Posted by howardlander View Post
    Yep. I've also heard that the Knicks are having a workout with Garland, so it's possible that RJ would be there for New Orleans and they could still keep Lonzo. Lot's of uncertainty there. Do the Pelicans really want Lonzo? Would Williamson, Ingram and Barret really all work together? But if I was a N.O. fan I think I'd be excited regardless.
    Yeah there's been buzz the last couple days that both the Grizz and Knicks are considering Garland seriously. Personally I think that's all counter-intelligence "noise" drummed up in an attempt to force the hand of a team that might be dead set on Garland to overpay to get to 2 or 3.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

scottdude8 is online now Moderator, Contributor, Zoubek disciple, and resident Wolverine
    According to ESPN the Lakers are also trying to make moves to get enough space for another "max" player. This paragraph just stunned me and summed up the crazy nature of the modern, star-driven NBA:
    The Lakers were engaging additional teams on Tuesday to take on the contracts of three of the remaining five players on the team's roster --- Mo Wagner, Isaac Bonga and Jemerrio Jones -- league sources said. Kyle Kuzma and LeBron James are the only other two Lakers remaining on the team's end-of-season roster.
    Scott Rich on the front page

Trinity BS 2012; University of Michigan PhD 2018
    Duke Chronicle, Sports Online Editor: 2010-2012
    K-Ville Blue Tenting 2009-2012

Unofficial Brian Zoubek Biographer
    If you have questions about Michigan Basketball/Football, I'm your man!

Breaking news:

Grayson Allen has been traded to Memphis. Part of a deal to get Mike Conley Jr to Utah.

Korver, Crowder, and the #23 pick also heading to Memphis.
    Also heading to Memphis: a future jazz 1st round pick. It's protected for 2020 and 2021 and will only convey if it's #8-14 in either year. The Jazz won 50 games last year and just added Mike Conley, so it's unlikely that they're in the lottery.

But in 2022 it's only protected top 1-6. This will follow a season where Conley, Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert will be free agents, and who knows if Jazz will still be a top team. If Utah ends up in the lottery it could be a huge asset for Memphis, right as they are hitting their stride. Very shrewd to get that second pick on a timeline favorable to Memphis.

Stevens deserves a ton of blame. Rozier had this scathing interview where he said Stevens wanted to run everything through Kyrie and Hayward. Sure, that makes sense if these two players are head-and-shoulders above the rest of the team, but Horford, Tatum, and Brown are all really good players.
    I don't recall hearing much of this from the media (I may have missed it), but it seemed pretty obvious all season that the connection Stevens/Hayward connection and the way it clearly influenced the gameplan/playing time allocation hurt the Celtics about as much as anything else this past season.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    ooh, wonder what Conley thinks of this...SLC ain't for everyone. Good team attributes, but socially a bit weird for many.
    According to the Conley's tweet after the trade, he's looking forward to "the city of Utah".

Quote Originally Posted by dball View Post
    According to the Conley's tweet after the trade, he's looking forward to "the city of Utah".
    Ha, it's just as well...

So unless my Knicks screw up (Garland...trade down in a three man draft...really?), RJ will be in MSG.

K all over NY papers today talking RJ up as a star in NY.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/mike-krzyzewski-rj-barrett-could-be-a-star-for-knicks/?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Conley is a Christian, 31, married and a father. SLC may be a great fit for him and family.

For Sale: 6-8 forward who is a very inefficient scorer. Does not play hard on defense nor does he fight for rebounds. A bit of a locker room cancer who has never played on a club that was very successful. He is a pretty good dunker. Has 4 years and $122 million left on his contract.

-Jason "I'm sure there are offers just pouring in for him... " Evans
    Cmon, Jason, tell us what you really think

Did he take Geography 101 at tOSU ?

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    So unless my Knicks screw up (Garland...trade down in a three man draft...really?), RJ will be in MSG.

K all over NY papers today talking RJ up as a star in NY.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/19/mike-k...pasteboard_app
    God I hope so. As a Celtics fan, I'm happy to see the Knicks as a perennial dumpster fire. However, it's really sad seeing this year after year. My enemy deserves a little happiness.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Kyrie leaving Boston is great for Tatum. Kyrie is a great player but kind of weirdo and I think his personality didn’t mesh with the team. They were better the year before when Kyrie got hurt. As good as Kyrie is he can’t be the best player on a championship team.

Does he understand that he doesn’t need a passport?

God I hope so. As a Celtics fan, I'm happy to see the Knicks as a perennial dumpster fire. However, it's really sad seeing this year after year. My enemy deserves a little happiness.
    Not if that enemy is uNC.