Thread: NHL Game 7?

NHL Game 7?

Anyone watching hockey? Great matchup. Game seven playoff hockey is gooood sports.

the blues are str8 takin it to the bruins..... Yee ha
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

so awesome to see the bruins fail....

congrats, blues...
    "One POSSIBLE future. From your point of view... I don't know tech stuff.".... Kyle Reese

Big congrats to the Blues!

They were the oldest NHL team not to have a championship. Always nice to see a team get their first, especially after 50+ years of frustration.

Amazing how the Bruins dominated the first period and emerged down 2-0. Hockey is a unique sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Amazing how the Bruins dominated the first period and emerged down 2-0. Hockey is a unique sport.
    It is indeed....there is an intensity inherent to hockey that is simply not matched by any other, and I say that as someone who was primarily a basketball fan and who really saw hockey close up in my 40s. There is also a quirky nature of the sport....as you allude to above...where a team can dominate but lose, or be behind, in a way that is not possible in most sports.

And yeah, Game 7 in hockey? I was there for the Finals Game 7 in Raleigh in 06....never been to an event like it, not even close.

What a game!
    Grueling fun. And the Blues player who's father passed away from a heart attack last fall, that tight shot on him towards end of game, made me tear up.

Congrats stl!
    Nothing incites bodily violence quicker than a Duke fan turning in your direction and saying 'scoreboard.'

Was watching with a Bruins fan who convinced me to start watching playoff hockey several years ago. Halfway through the second period, he said "well, no way we win this one. I'm going to bed."
    He was right, but I sure enjoyed the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Was watching with a Bruins fan who convinced me to start watching playoff hockey several years ago. Halfway through the second period, he said "well, no way we win this one. I'm going to bed."
    He was right, but I sure enjoyed the game.
    ...the hockey gods are far crueler than the gods of any sport...there are that you are dominating but losing on the scoreboard...and you know the hockeygods are against you.