Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Wait. There's Olympics in three weeks!
    Gold Cup today, though!

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    In their Olympic opener, the US women got smoked by Sweden, 3-0.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Too many Tar Heels or not enough Tar Heels?

Watched the game this morning. Sweden always plays the USWNT tough but that game was beyond disappointing. The 3-0 result could have been worse, Sweden dominated the game. The US looked slow and unorganized. Over and over I just found myself saying "that's just a turnover" after another poor pass. Sweden pressured everything and we didn't handle it very well. Despite being a Tar Cheat, I like Crystal Dunn but today's game was the worst I've seen from her. Not really picking on here, though, the whole team just looked lethargic.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    Watched the game this morning. Sweden always plays the USWNT tough but that game was beyond disappointing. The 3-0 result could have been worse, Sweden dominated the game. The US looked slow and unorganized. Over and over I just found myself saying "that's just a turnover" after another poor pass. Sweden pressured everything and we didn't handle it very well. Despite being a Tar Cheat, I like Crystal Dunn but today's game was the worst I've seen from her. Not really picking on here, though, the whole team just looked lethargic.
    I don't follow the women's team too closely but I just looked at the lineup for this game - unlike the men's Olympic soccer, where the global superstars are not really involved, this is largely the same players who play in the world cup, correct? Lots of familiar names on there. Not good.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    I don't follow the women's team too closely but I just looked at the lineup for this game - unlike the men's Olympic soccer, where the global superstars are not really involved, this is largely the same players who play in the world cup, correct? Lots of familiar names on there. Not good.
    The Olympic men are u23 but the women have no age restrictions. The women are at full strength and had a 44 game unbeaten streak before this morning.

The Olympic men are u23 but the women have no age restrictions. The women are at full strength and had a 44 game unbeaten streak before this morning.
    Wake up call, ladies! That was ugly.

Payback for the US beating Sweden at the World Cup in 2019? I recall Sweden looking better than the score that day.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    A 6-1 win over New Zealand is a nice way to turn the tide.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

I wish there was no men's soccer in the Olympics. This is a glorified exhibition. If FIFA wants to limit big tournaments to keep their influence, then fine. But having subpar soccer get medals is patently ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by ClemmonsDevil View Post
    I wish there was no men's soccer in the Olympics. This is a glorified exhibition. If FIFA wants to limit big tournaments to keep their influence, then fine. But having subpar soccer get medals is patently ridiculous.
    It's also super weird to go directly from the mania that was the Euro final in London two weeks ago to mediocre soccer in empty stadiums.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    It's also super weird to go directly from the mania that was the Euro final in London two weeks ago to mediocre soccer in empty stadiums.
    Yes exactly. Euro and the Brazil/Argentina final were AMAZING. To go to JV soccer sucks.

Ivdon't think I can stay awake for 30 minutes more of this.

Quote Originally Posted by YmoBeThere View Post
    Ivdon't think I can stay awake for 30 minutes more of this.
    And just like that Hoppe with the header.

Good one against Qatar right now (on FS1)! U.S. got lucky when Qatar blew a PK just now. 62nd minute now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    Good one against Qatar right now (on FS1)! U.S. got lucky when Qatar blew a PK just now. 62nd minute now.
    Dumb question — how are we playing Qatar in CONCACAF?

Quote Originally Posted by OldPhiKap View Post
    Dumb question — how are we playing Qatar in CONCACAF?
    I don't know. Had the same question but haven't bothered to look it up yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I don't know. Had the same question but haven't bothered to look it up yet.
    Thanks, this has bugged me all week and glad I’m not the only one confused.

GOOOOAAAALLLLL!!!!!!! USA! Nice.

Initially I thought it was just some kind of friendly/exhibition related to Qatar hosting the World Cup or something. Then I saw it was the semifinal. So, not an exhibition.

Edit: GOOOAAALLLL!