Page 90 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Austin Rivers was absolutely on fire, scoring a career-high 41 points on just 20 shots from the field (14-20 fg, 6-11 3pt, and 7-8 ft). And as is his want, he used an impressive array of fancy dribble moves to set up those shots. He threw in 6 rebounds and 4 assists for good measure in a win over the Kings.
    And the very next game, Austin plays 31 minutes... and scores 3 points. He was 1-9 from the field and put up a team worst -18 in plus/minus. He did have 9 rebounds... but that's a poor way to build on a 41 point explosion.

-Jason "the West 8-9 could really sort itself out some tomorrow... all 4 contenders are in action and everyone except Portland plays a very solid playoff team (but do the playoff teams care?)" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by duke96 View Post
    Having not seen Jah play in a while I was super impressed with his aggressiveness and execution. Good for him for being ready to make the most of an opportunity like that. I hope the right people in the league were paying attention.
    i too was pleased to see Jah play minutes and produce big. He looked lean, quick and in shape. Explain to me again why he doesn't get minutes???
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

Quote Originally Posted by OZZIE4DUKE View Post
    i too was pleased to see Jah play minutes and produce big. He looked lean, quick and in shape. Explain to me again why he doesn't get minutes???
    Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Defense.
    Yup. Jah is an ok rebounder but is just lousy on pretty much all aspects of D. The Pels have some good perimeter defenders (Jrue, Lonzo, and Josh Hart are all plus defenders and even JJ is adqeuate) but the interior D is so bad that the team is among the worst defensive teams in the NBA. Favors rebounds well but none of the interior players are rim protectors and all of them play the pick-and-roll poorly.

Jah probably needs to be on a team that has other good interior defenders and needs some offensive punch. Toronto might be a decent fit. So would the Clippers and the Pacers, I think.

-Jason "Jah is a free agent this off-season and I'm sure he can be picked up for the minimum... he's only 23 so there should still be a market for him" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    Grayson Allen, Utah Jazz: Under Contract 2.4 MUSD
    Marvin Bagley III, Sacramento Kings: Under Contract 8.5 MUSD
    Wendell Carter Jr, Chicago Bulls: Under Contract 5.2 MUSD
    Quinn Cook, Golden State Warriors: Free agent
    Seth Curry, Portland Trailblazers: Free agent
    Luol Deng, Minnesota Timberwolves: Free agent
    Harry Giles III, Sacramento Kings. Under Contract 2.6MUSD
    Rodney Hood, Portland Trailblazers. Free agent
    Brandon Ingram, Los Angeles Lakers. Under Contract 7.2 MUSD
    Kyrie Irving, Boston Celtics: Player option 21MUSD
    Tyus Jones, Minnesota Timberwolves: Qualifying offer 3.8 MUSD
    Luke Kennard, Detroit Pistons: Under contract 4MUSD.
    Semi Ojeleye, Boston Celtics: Team option 1.6MUSD
    Jahil Okafor, New Orleans Pelicans: Under Contract 1.7 MUSD
    Frank Jackson, New Orleans Pelicans: Team option 1.6 MUSD
    Jabari Parker, Chicago Bulls: Team option 20 MUSD
    Mason Plumlee, Denver Nuggets: Under Contract 14 MUSD
    Miles Plumlee, Atlanta Hawks: Under Contract 12.2 MUSD
    J.J. Redick, Philadelphia 76ers: Free agent
    Austin Rivers, Houston Rockets: Free agent
    Jayson Tatum, Boston Celtics: Under contract 7.8 MUSD
    Lance Thomas, New York Knicks: Under contract 7.5 MUSD.
    Gary Trent Jr, Portland Trailblazers: Under contract 1.4 MUSD
    Justise Winslow, Miami Heat: Under contract 13 MUSD.
    Zion??

Quote Originally Posted by gofurman View Post
    Zion??
    All rookies aren't included in that list.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Is anyone else extremely concerned that Justise Winslow is not going to be able to stay healthy long enough to have a good and lengthy NBA career? Here is a partial list of some of his reported injuries in just the past 2.5 years:

12/13/2017 — left knee
    10/16/2018 — hamstring
    11/24/2018 — quadriceps
    12/18/2018 — ankle
    O2/23/2019 — knee
    03/16/2019 — thigh
    10/31/2019 — lower back
    11/07/2019 — concussion
    12/05/2019 — back
    07/21/2020 — hip

I really thought Justise was going to have a great career and maybe be a multiple-year All-Star, but that projection is not looking too good right now.

Here’s sending best wishes for Justise to finally stay reasonably healthy for the remainder of his NBA career. He deserves some good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    I think that list was made before Zion was drafted.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

I think that list was made before Zion was drafted.
    that list is OLD. Seth isn't a free agent, he has a big contract with Dallas, just as another example...

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Is anyone else extremely concerned that Justise Winslow is not going to be able to stay healthy long enough to have a good and lengthy NBA career? Here is a partial list of some of his reported injuries in just the past 2.5 years:

12/13/2017 — left knee
    10/16/2018 — hamstring
    11/24/2018 — quadriceps
    12/18/2018 — ankle
    O2/23/2019 — knee
    03/16/2019 — thigh
    10/31/2019 — lower back
    11/07/2019 — concussion
    12/05/2019 — back
    07/21/2020 — hip

I really thought Justise was going to have a great career and maybe be a multiple-year All-Star, but that projection is not looking too good right now.

Here’s sending best wishes for Justise to finally stay reasonably healthy for the remainder of his NBA career. He deserves some good luck.
    Winslow, Bagley, Carter, Hood, et. al. all building on a long Duke tradition of getting hurt in the NBA. And getting hurt again. And again

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Winslow, Bagley, Carter, Hood, et. al. all building on a long Duke tradition of getting hurt in the NBA. And getting hurt again. And again
    Don’t forget Parker who may be at the top of that list

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Don’t forget Parker who may be at the top of that list
    Addendum accepted.

Winslow is, sadly, in a league of his own. That injury list is extensive and not limited to one body part. Bagley and Carter are too "new" to the NBA to be labeled injury prone (although they have missed plenty of time). Hood has missed games, but he's played in 60+ games since his sophomore season. Parker has torn his ACL twice, which accounts the majority of loss time.

I thought Winslow was going to be Iguodala 2.0, and the skillset is there, but he just can't stay healthy. Poor kid...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Winslow is, sadly, in a league of his own. That injury list is extensive and not limited to one body part. Bagley and Carter are too "new" to the NBA to be labeled injury prone (although they have missed plenty of time). Hood has missed games, but he's played in 60+ games since his sophomore season. Parker has torn his ACL twice, which accounts the majority of loss time.

I thought Winslow was going to be Iguodala 2.0, and the skillset is there, but he just can't stay healthy. Poor kid...
    Trust me, Bagley has definitely been labeled injury prone.

The best Duke analog for Winslow might be Mike Dunleavy, who had a long NBA career but had some body part break down with distressing regularity.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

12/13/2017 — left knee
    10/16/2018 — hamstring
    11/24/2018 — quadriceps
    12/18/2018 — ankle
    O2/23/2019 — knee
    03/16/2019 — thigh
    10/31/2019 — lower back
    11/07/2019 — concussion
    12/05/2019 — back
    07/21/2020 — hip

Would be interesting if Tyus has the longest career of that group

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    that list is OLD. Seth isn't a free agent, he has a big contract with Dallas, just as another example...
    1785 posts old..

I have often thought it might be good to have a thread where Dukies in the NBA are listed, where it shows career earnings and current contract etc. The idea popped up again when Miles Plumlee’s career earnings were discussed in a recent DBR podcast. Congratulations to him but it pops up since no one can really believe how much he has earned. It’s a lot!!!...54 Million...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

1785 posts old..

I have often thought it might be good to have a thread where Dukies in the NBA are listed, where it shows career earnings and current contract etc. The idea popped up again when Miles Plumlee’s career earnings were discussed in a recent DBR podcast. Congratulations to him but it pops up since no one can really believe how much he has earned. It’s a lot!!!...54 Million...
    Yup, Miles's contract was a bit hard to fathom, but good for him!

It seems like the majority of big stars outside of Lebron are all fragile/injury prone
    (Davis, Embid, Kawai, Chris Paul, Kyrie,etc). This is one reason I am so tired of the
    hysteria about Zion's ability to stay on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinNessley View Post
    It seems like the majority of big stars outside of Lebron are all fragile/injury prone
    (Davis, Embid, Kawai, Chris Paul, Kyrie,etc). This is one reason I am so tired of the
    hysteria about Zion's ability to stay on the floor.
    LeBron has been rather amazingly healthy through the course of his career. Something that doesn't get talked about much.

also, Lance Thomas isn't on the list, although he didn't sign a deal until very late and ended up playing in 6 games for the Nets.

I was looking thru a some Dukies career stats, and: Austin Rivers just recently eclipsed 5000 career points. Quinn has eclipsed 1000 career points this year. Seth Curry passed 2500 career points this year. I appreciate the careers of Seth, Quinn and LT that much more because they fought to prove themselves after graduating, playing thru uncertainty of the G-League route and then achieving some milestones. I'd love for Amile to join the club, seeing as how he graduated, did the G-League and has played in the NBA some. In fact, Amile's career is very similar to the first couple of years of both Seth and Quinn, who both got marginal NBA time for a couple of years before really landing in the league. To do that, Amile is going to need some semblance of a jump shot b/c what he brings to the table is just out of style for today's game. I'll be interested to see if Big 'Ques can garner more NBA time as well. Although in a different boat i'll opine on Jah as well: now that he has put in the work to hone his body and it just doesn't seem like defense is something he's going to ever get good at, he could keep himself employed in the NBA if he can become a 35% 3FG shooter, or better.