Page 89 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Yup, another day, another great showing from Duke players in the bubble.

Austin Rivers was absolutely on fire, scoring a career-high 41 points on just 20 shots from the field (14-20 fg, 6-11 3pt, and 7-8 ft). And as is his want, he used an impressive array of fancy dribble moves to set up those shots. He threw in 6 rebounds and 4 assists for good measure in a win over the Kings.

In the same game, Jabari Parker had his best game with the Kings so far (sample size: 4 games), scoring 12 points and adding 4 rebounds. Harry Giles had just 2 points and 3 rebounds.
    Some more highlights from Austin's big night. Last clip is a step-back 3 over Jabari.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth&Justise View Post
    Yup, another day, another great showing from Duke players in the bubble.

Austin Rivers was absolutely on fire, scoring a career-high 41 points on just 20 shots from the field (14-20 fg, 6-11 3pt, and 7-8 ft). And as is his want, he used an impressive array of fancy dribble moves to set up those shots. He threw in 6 rebounds and 4 assists for good measure in a win over the Kings.

In the same game, Jabari Parker had his best game with the Kings so far (sample size: 4 games), scoring 12 points and adding 4 rebounds. Harry Giles had just 2 points and 3 rebounds.
    Based on his post game comments, James Harden has had a pretty significant impact on Austin's work ethic and approach to the game. In a game I watched last week Harden went out of his way to get the ball to Rivers so that he could establish an offensive rhythm. Hopefully Rivers' improvement will continue beyond the bubble.

It didn't count, but Plumlee just had a sick steal and over the shoulder pass on the break. Shame they called a foul right beforehand because it was a beauty.

10 assists and counting now..
    Last edited by robed deity; 08-10-2020 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by robed deity View Post
    It didn't count, but Plumlee just had a sick steal and over the shoulder pass on the break. Shame they called a foul right beforehand because it was a beauty.

10 assists and counting now..
    Probably not good for the Lakers that their real post-season closing lineup can’t put away Monte Morris, Keita Bates-Diop, PJ Dozier, Mason Plumlee, and Bol Bol down the stretch.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by subzero02 View Post
    Based on his post game comments, James Harden has had a pretty significant impact on Austin's work ethic and approach to the game. In a game I watched last week Harden went out of his way to get the ball to Rivers so that he could establish an offensive rhythm. Hopefully Rivers' improvement will continue beyond the bubble.
    I hope Harden doesn’t teach Austin to drive as fast as he possibly can, with zero intention of making an offensive move, straight into the closest defender to try and draw a cheap blocking foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I hope Harden doesn’t teach Austin to drive as fast as he possibly can, with zero intention of making an offensive move, straight into the closest defender to try and draw a cheap blocking foul.
    It's an insanely effective strategy though. I join the ranks of fans of "the rules" that are disgusted that Harden seems to have a special set of rules just for him.

On a separate note, i was sad to see Quinn not even get off the bench in the Lakers win, after scoring 21 on 14 FGs.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    On a separate note, i was sad to see Quinn not even get off the bench in the Lakers win, after scoring 21 on 14 FGs.
    Hence my reason for not being even the slightest bit interested in watching the Lakers this year, even though they have a Dukie on their team.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Hence my reason for not being even the slightest bit interested in watching the Lakers this year, even though they have a Dukie on their team.
    My interest in the Lakers is almost entirely driven by Quinn's presence on the team. I have a long-standing hatred of the franchise since i grew up a Boston fan in the heyday of Bird, McHale, DJ and the Chief. However, 2 of the game's current best players are on the team. I don't really care for Davis, but Lebron is a legit contender for GOAT, should his career continue for a few more years. Plus, i greatly admire his off-the-court endeavors. Those factors don't really make me want to watch the Lakers' games though, so i'm still kinda in your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    My interest in the Lakers is almost entirely driven by Quinn's presence on the team. I have a long-standing hatred of the franchise since i grew up a Boston fan in the heyday of Bird, McHale, DJ and the Chief. However, 2 of the game's current best players are on the team. I don't really care for Davis, but Lebron is a legit contender for GOAT, should his career continue for a few more years. Plus, i greatly admire his off-the-court endeavors. Those factors don't really make me want to watch the Lakers' games though, so i'm still kinda in your boat.
    I reply with only two words:

Danny
    Green

JJ is scheduled to be on Late Late Show on CBS starting at 12:37am tonight. Zion and Ingram are out vs Sacramento tonight.

Officials absolutely killing Portland here in the fourth quarter. Dallas seems like they’re going to the free-throw line on every possession.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Officials absolutely killing Portland here in the fourth quarter. Dallas seems like they’re going to the free-throw line on every possession.
    That is so funny. I thought the refs were killing Dallas by calling a foul if they breathed near Lillard. And another offensive foul called on Dallas down the stretch. Portland got so many favorable calls in the 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    That is so funny. I thought the refs were killing Dallas by calling a foul if they breathed near Lillard. And another offensive foul called on Dallas down the stretch. Portland got so many favorable calls in the 4th...
    Yikes! What game were you watching?

I know this is Dukies in the NBA, but Dame is on another planet right now. You thought 51 on 28 shots a couple nights ago was good? Well, he put up 61 on 32 shots tonight versus the Mavs.

Portland and Phoenix are both playing sick basketball in the bubble. I feel sorry for the Lakers (though the Clippers are gonna get Dallas and the Mavs are also really good). The West playoffs are going to be brutal!

-Jason "Portland now into the 8th spot while Phoenix is tied with Memphis and San Antonio for the #9 spot" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by AGDukesky View Post
    I thought it was even myself, swung both ways in favor of each team. Certainly no issue with Porzingis getting called for being too aggressive with Gary, might as well tell guards not to try if bigs can do that to them with no call.

Blazers, Sun, Grizzlies, and Spurs should all go to the league and beg for them to play each other for the West play in games instead of random teams not trying anymore. Would be really cool to have two play in games for the play in series.

Some rare minutes for Jahlil Okafor, and he is making the most of them -- 7-7 for 16 points in 14 minutes at halftime.

Frank Jackson is 5-6 for 12 points in nine minutes.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Some rare minutes for Jahlil Okafor, and he is making the most of them -- 7-7 for 16 points in 14 minutes at halftime.

In the "This Doesn't Matter " game, I'm guessing they both went for season highs? 21 and 18 respectively.

(And they still lost.)
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

And Jah was absolutely posterized by Harry Giles on one play. Wow!

https://twitter.com/QCHspencer/statu...65561947193344
    https://twitter.com/alexkramers/stat...65176914386951
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Jah has proven every time he gets minutes consistently, he can score in the neighborhood of 20 ppg. I get that he'll always be a subpar defensive player and that NO needs defense and not scoring, but it's amazing that he can't find a home in the league that will put him consistently in the rotation. I think he's suffering from being out of style, much as Langdon couldn't stick in the league and JJ had trouble getting minutes early in his career when shooters who didn't create their own shots off the dribble were out of fashion. Too bad since Jah seems to have worked hard to get himself into better shape, although I don't know that anyone in the NBA works harder than Redick has. Loved his body language and effort in the last important Pelicans' game, compared to that of the other players. Pure pro.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Jah has proven every time he gets minutes consistently, he can score in the neighborhood of 20 ppg. I get that he'll always be a subpar defensive player and that NO needs defense and not scoring, but it's amazing that he can't find a home in the league that will put him consistently in the rotation. I think he's suffering from being out of style, much as Langdon couldn't stick in the league and JJ had trouble getting minutes early in his career when shooters who didn't create their own shots off the dribble were out of fashion. Too bad since Jah seems to have worked hard to get himself into better shape, although I don't know that anyone in the NBA works harder than Redick has. Loved his body language and effort in the last important Pelicans' game, compared to that of the other players. Pure pro.
    Having not seen Jah play in a while I was super impressed with his aggressiveness and execution. Good for him for being ready to make the most of an opportunity like that. I hope the right people in the league were paying attention.