Page 78 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 1967
    Zion just left the bubble for a family emergency.

Hope everything is okay.

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/sta...151374337?s=20

According to a push I just got from ESPN, Zion has left the bubble in NO due to a family medical matter. He hopes to return to the team at a later date. This doesn't bode well for the Pelicans's hopes to make the playoffs and continue JJ's career playoff streak. Bummer.
    Ozzie, your paradigm of optimism!

Go To Hell carolina, Go To Hell!
    9F 9F 9F
    https://ecogreen.greentechaffiliate.com

So this means he'll have to quarantine for 14 days once he gets back?

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    no, they say that if he gets tested every day, he could be quarantined for something between two and four days; if he doesn't get tested, it's a minimum of seven day.https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-family-matter

Quote Originally Posted by bullettoothtony View Post
    I believe he’ll have to sit out for four once he returns.

Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    no, they say that if he gets tested every day, he could be quarantined for something between two and four days; if he doesn't get tested, it's a minimum of seven day.https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-family-matter

Oh ok... thank you!

I just saw a youtube clip that mentioned reports that Zion started having cramps in his legs. Pelicans said that is not why he left the bubble... this is a family matter. Wow... the rumor mills are running overtime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7dEMgUnrBI

40 second point...

Quote Originally Posted by Nrrrrvous View Post
    With Rondo out for 6 - 8 weeks

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...mb/5426251002/

and Avery Bradley out,

Where does that leave our man Quinn Cook?
    I literally came here for this post and I am SHOCKED that this was glossed over.

I didn't want to start a Cook thread on it but this is HUGE news for Quinn.

Technically it makes me him the starting point guard with Lebron filling in at point forward.

The Lakers have loaded up with talent even with the losses of Bradley to off the court motivations and Rondo to injury.

The Lakers will have a ton of shooters in Quinn, Waiters, JR Smith, Danny Green and Lebron. Even Anthony Davis.

It will be all eyes on Quinn for certain.

This could really be his moment and I expect to play with an intensity we may not have seen before b/c of all that's happened.

He gets to win one for Kobe. Lebron gets another. Davis becomes the future.

Quinn could become the new face of a new Laker's dynasty (I'm wishing out loud here).

I need to learn how to post a link but Marty Pocius has been hired as a scout for the Denver Nuggets ( article behind theathletic.com paywall)

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I need to learn how to post a link but Marty Pocius has been hired as a scout for the Denver Nuggets ( article behind theathletic.com paywall)
    Post a link? Copy it and paste it in your message. If you want to get fancy, you can copy the link, highlight some text (such as the word "link") and go the globe with what appears to be two links of chain -- click it and a box appears and you paste in the link you already copied.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Poor kid can't stay healthy...

Justise Winslow
    @IAmJustise
    Last night during a scrimmage, I experienced a contact injury in my hip that unfortunately will keep me out until next season. I was excited to join my brothers on the court & will be supporting them throughout. I’m focused on coming back 100% towards a full recovery. 🤞🏾

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Poor kid can't stay healthy...

Justise Winslow
    @IAmJustise
    Last night during a scrimmage, I experienced a contact injury in my hip that unfortunately will keep me out until next season. I was excited to join my brothers on the court & will be supporting them throughout. I’m focused on coming back 100% towards a full recovery. 🤞🏾
    Sad to hear. As my username indicates, I absolutely loved his game while at Duke. I was waiting for him to break out in the NBA, but he keeps getting derailed by injuries. While the Grizz may only play a few games in Orlando, this was a chance for him to show how he fits alongside Morant and the rest of Memphis's young core.

Hoping for a speedy recovery and a stretch of prolonged health for him soon.

Winslow out with a hip injury

Apparently happened in practice, and will keep him out for the entire remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by rsvman View Post
    Apparently happened in practice, and will keep him out for the entire remainder of the season.
    Which season ... 2019-20 or 2020-21 ?

Apparently the injury happened either today or yesterday.

Now Marvin. Dang it. Foot injury to keep him out until next season. I was looking forward to seeing him in the bubble.

https://247sports.com/Article/Sacram...art-149398834/

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    Now Marvin. Dang it. Foot injury to keep him out until next season. I was looking forward to seeing him in the bubble.

Well, it’s at least on brand.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post

Marvin's developing a reputation as injury-prone.
    Sports are paying players so much these days that even minor injuries that would have been played through previously now require long stretches off court/field. I'm not saying that's the case with Marvin here, but I wonder how much time he's missed so far comes from cautious protection vs. absolute necessity. That query extends to all players these days i suppose.

Big night for several Dukies playing in the scrimmages that are leading up to the resumption of the regular season.

Seth hit all 8 of his shots from the field, including 6 threes, to score 23 points in just 16 minutes of action. The Mavs beat the Lakers 108-104. Quin had 13 points in 20 minutes for the Lakers in what figures to be a big role for him on a team that is missing a lot of its guards.

Gary Trent also reached double figures with 12 points as well as 3 rebs, 3 asst, and 3 steals in 20 minutes as Portland fell to Indiana by 3.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Big night for several Dukies playing in the scrimmages that are leading up to the resumption of the regular season.

Seth hit all 8 of his shots from the field, including 6 threes, to score 23 points in just 16 minutes of action. The Mavs beat the Lakers 108-104. Quin had 13 points in 20 minutes for the Lakers in what figures to be a big role for him on a team that is missing a lot of its guards.

Gary Trent also reached double figures with 12 points as well as 3 rebs, 3 asst, and 3 steals in 20 minutes as Portland fell to Indiana by 3.
    Seth and Quinn are two players who I'm so proud to have made the NBA. This isn't like Ryan Kelly, who was drafted and just didn't pan out. Or Jahlil Okafor, who was a lottery pick and is now the 12th man. No, these are two undrafted players and now rotation players for two playoff teams (including a big favorite).

Gary Trent has also "figured it out". IMO, he had a tough Duke freshman year (he was effectively the 5th option even though he was 3rd on the team in scoring) where the other 4 starters got more "exposure" (both good exposure and bad exposure). With his shooting, he'll be in the NBA for a very, very long time.

Now if Duke NBA players can only figure out the injury bug...
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club