Page 7 of 99 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere. Interviews of Luke Kennard, Matt Jones, Jahil, Gene Banks and Shane Battier at the recent K academy.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.db...CLID=211805395
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    How about Amile?
    Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    RealGM lists him (currently at Orlando) as a restricted free agent.
    Update: the Orlando Magic have extended a qualifying offer to Amile Jefferson (and also Khem Birch).

"By extending qualifying offers to Birch and Jefferson prior to the June 29 deadline, Orlando owns the right to match any offer sheet they may sign with another team. Both players will become restricted free agents on June 30."

CBooz is with his son in Cooperstown for one of those weeks where 12 year olds compete in their final year of Little League up at the American birthplace of baseball. His son looks like Cecil Fielder playing against an elementary school and Booz has already posted 3 IG videos of the kid smashing homers.

https://www.instagram.com/mrcbooz/?hl=en

As he would say HOLDAT!!!

Tyus Update

This isn't a surprise, I don't think, but Wojnarowski tweeted that Minnesota extended a qualifying offer to Tyus.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    CBooz is with his son in Cooperstown for one of those weeks where 12 year olds compete in their final year of Little League up at the American birthplace of baseball. His son looks like Cecil Fielder playing against an elementary school and Booz has already posted 3 IG videos of the kid smashing homers.

https://www.instagram.com/mrcbooz/?hl=en

As he would say HOLDAT!!!
    Carlos' sons look sturdy. Do they play basketball? Are they early Duke candidates? Best wishes to Carlos and his family. He was a really good player, and seemingly a good guy, for Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Carlos' sons look sturdy. Do they play basketball? Are they early Duke candidates? Best wishes to Carlos and his family. He was a really good player, and seemingly a good guy, for Duke.
    If baseball is their game, I am happy to have them play for Coach Pollard!

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Looking through his Instagram, I noticed his basketball playing son is named Cameron.

This instagram video of Cameron Boozer is hysterical. Notice the LFer just sitting there with his hands behind his back, unmoving, as Boozer's homerun soars over the fence. Also, the 2B and SS who give congrats to Boozer as he rounds the bases look like they are about 1/3rd of his size. He quite literally appears to be a man playing with small boys.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    This instagram video of Cameron Boozer is hysterical. Notice the LFer just sitting there with his hands behind his back, unmoving, as Boozer's homerun soars over the fence. Also, the 2B and SS who give congrats to Boozer as he rounds the bases look like they are about 1/3rd of his size. He quite literally appears to be a man playing with small boys.
    Goodness. You ain't joking. Massive fellow.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Why do the players on the other team give high fives when Carmani hits his home runs? Is that common practice in kids baseball these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Goodness. You ain't joking. Massive fellow.
    Also, he really does look like Cecil Fielder in his shape and running style. 12-years old? Well, Dad Carlos looked 30 when he arrived on campus, and he was only 17.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quinn

So with the Warriors extending a qualifying offer to Quinn what will/could his salary be?
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    So with the Warriors extending a qualifying offer to Quinn what will/could his salary be?
    Here's a quote from one article -- "fair use" only, of course:
    The Warriors have issued a qualifying offer to point guard Quinn Cook, thus making him a restricted free agent, tweets Yahoo Sports’ Chris Haynes.

Golden State wields Cook’s Early Bird rights with his cap hold being $1,931,189. Cook becomes the second Warriors player in as many days to enter restricted free agency as Golden State also issued a qualifying offer to Jordan Bell.
    Does a "qualifying offer" mean that Quinn gets at least that amount, or is this just another procedural hurdle guaranteeing nothing?
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

His qualifying offer is $1,931,189 so presumably at least that much.

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Here's a quote from one article -- "fair use" only, of course:

Does a "qualifying offer" mean that Quinn gets at least that amount, or is this just another procedural hurdle guaranteeing nothing?
    Quote Originally Posted by awhom111 View Post
    His qualifying offer is $1,931,189 so presumably at least that much.
    Here's more from NBA.com:

Qualifying offers

For a player to become a restricted free agent, his team must submit a qualifying offer to the player between the day after the last game of The Finals and June 29.

The qualifying offer is a standing offer for a one-year guaranteed deal, which becomes a regular contact if the player decides to sign it. This ensures that the team does not gain the right of first refusal without offering a contract themselves.

If a player is coming off a regular (non-Two-Way deal), he may qualify for a higher or lower qualifying offer provided he met (or did not meet) the "starter criteria" the previous season -- or the average of the previous two seasons. Starter criteria are based on starting at least 41 games or playing at least 2,000 minutes in the regular season.

Qualifying offers expire on Oct. 1, but can be extended. However, the extension of a qualifying offer cannot go past March 1. If the deadline passes and the qualifying offer is neither withdrawn nor accepted, the player continues to be a restricted free agent. Teams and players are free to negotiate a new contract after the qualifying offer expires as the deadline only affects the player's ability to accept his qualifying offer.

Players can always accept the qualifying offer and play the following season under its terms. This is sometimes done to ensure unrestricted free agency in the following offseason.
    If Quinn signs the qualifying offer, it appears to be a guarantee of $1.9 million for the coming season. If he doesn't, anything is possible, including cancellation -- but the chief implication is that the Warriors have the right to match any other offer he receives.
    Sage Grouse

Lance waived, apparently

Just got an alert from ESPN on my phone saying the Knicks waived Lance Thomas.

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimme...0098837176320?

some of you get upset with news about Semi but what the heck.
    The Celtics fully guaranteed Ojeleye’s contract for the 2019-20 season last Thursday,
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamHimme...0098837176320?

some of you get upset with news about Semi but what the heck.
    The Celtics fully guaranteed Ojeleye’s contract for the 2019-20 season last Thursday,
    Is that true? I've not seen people here get upset with Ojeleye mentions. Maybe more like Semi-irked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Is that true? I've not seen people here get upset with Ojeleye mentions. Maybe more like Semi-irked.
    I think people here are mostly OK with Semi -- he admitted his actions were immature, or at least, he didn't realize how much work he needed to do to succeed at Duke.
    Sage Grouse