Page 62 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,240 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    and a tip of the Duke chapeau to Ojeleye as well...
    And Mason Plumlee is a Nugget but is currently injured. Saw him in street clothes at last nights game.

Cam Reddish might be figuring things out. He dropped 20 points in a losing effort at OKC, but it's his 3rd 20+ point scoring effort in the past 7 games.

Over the last 7 games, Reddish is averaging 13.7 pts/4.0 reb/1.4 ast/1.9 stl/2.0 trn per game on a very efficient 42.9% FG%/50.0% 3P%/81.3% FT%.

Nice to see him starting to put in consistent performances, even if his team is terrible. He's a plus defender and is just oozing with talent. Atlanta may have lucked into drafting him. Then again, his MO has been inconsistency in his young basketball career. Is this more of a mirage or a glimpse of the future?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Cam Reddish might be figuring things out. He dropped 20 points in a losing effort at OKC, but it's his 3rd 20+ point scoring effort in the past 7 games.

Over the last 7 games, Reddish is averaging 13.7 pts/4.0 reb/1.4 ast/1.9 stl/2.0 trn per game on a very efficient 42.9% FG%/50.0% 3P%/81.3% FT%.

Nice to see him starting to put in consistent performances, even if his team is terrible. He's a plus defender and is just oozing with talent. Atlanta may have lucked into drafting him. Then again, his MO has been inconsistency in his young basketball career. Is this more of a mirage or a glimpse of the future?
    could it be a mirage of the future?

Joking aside, it's nice to see him make me shut my yapper about his shooting. If he can get the sideways lean out of his 3pt shot (which might be what he's done), he might become consistent enough from downtown to be a scary threat.

Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    He literally gets more embarrassing by the day.

The reason I came to DBR to post about Kyrie was to see if the tone was different from some other corners of the internet. And it is. But anyone defending him at this point is doing so through Duke blue colored glasses IMO.

Anyway... I understand loud and clear that my posts aren’t appreciated, and I understand why. I’ll go away (again) now.

I hope Kyrie stops displaying such a lack of self awareness on a daily basis so no one here has to defend his foolishness.

Kyrie's career at Duke amounted to the equivalent of an acquaintance giving a 'beep-beep' of the horn as they drive by your house at 50 mph.

My NC State and UNC friends go out of their way to discount Kyrie's on-court achievements in the NBA to anything he did and learned at Duke. Fair enough.

I also know that anything kooky he might say will be immediately employed to make fun of Duke fans and the school itself. Sounds about right.

With that said, I don't think anything that was said here should lead you to taking your ball and going home, and I'm glad to see that you didn't actually do that.

The main disagreement here seems to be with your point-guard preference list. Is that disagreement rooted in Duke fans needing Kyrie to be the best because he went to Duke, or could it be that people think you might be the one succumbing to confirmation-bias since your posts are almost exclusively Kyrie-centric, and are pretty strong in tone?
    Last edited by duke4ever19; 01-25-2020 at 06:07 PM.

RJ is in a boot right now and had this to say:

"It hurts. I never really been hurt before," Barrett said at the time. "I don't remember the last time I missed a game. But we play so many games, it was bound to happen."

Durable dude

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...t-another-week

Kyrie dropped 45 points, 7 assists, and 6 boards as the Nets beat Detroit (sans Luke) tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Kyrie dropped 45 points, 7 assists, and 6 boards as the Nets beat Detroit (sans Luke) tonight.
    He was fantastic last night. Only 1 turnover. He is one of the most skilled offensive players on earth. There’s no arguing that. Well done Kyrie. Important game for the Nets again today - B2B against the Knicks.

He was fantastic last night. Only 1 turnover. He is one of the most skilled offensive players on earth. There’s no arguing that. Well done Kyrie. Important game for the Nets again today - B2B against the Knicks.
    "You must spread some Comments around before commenting on npdevil27 again."

Well played, sir.

Uncle Drew

Kyrie had a big night last night. SC showed him giving away a game worn jersey to a little girl, and the behind the back board lay up looked like it was something out of the arsenal of Larry Bird. He represents the university quite well.

Until he opens his mouth...

Kyrie highlights. It's a fun watch. He single-handedly beats the Pistons:

https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401161323

Huh

Can’t we keep stuff like this in the Dukies in the NBA thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Can’t we keep stuff like this in the Dukies in the NBA thread?
    Yup. As good as he is, Uncle Drew no longer qualifies for his own thread. That honor goes to Zion, only!

He literally gets more embarrassing by the day.

The reason I came to DBR to post about Kyrie was to see if the tone was different from some other corners of the internet. And it is. But anyone defending him at this point is doing so through Duke blue colored glasses IMO.

Anyway... I understand loud and clear that my posts aren’t appreciated, and I understand why. I’ll go away (again) now. I hope Kyrie stops displaying such a lack of self awareness on a daily basis so no one here has to defend his foolishness.
    I have found the ongoing "Kyrie is strange" banter highly entertaining because I, too, find him extremely confounding. With the death of his...what?...Kobe Bryant...and I say what? because, were they good friends? Do either really have friends in the traditional sense? Was he a mentor to Kyrie, seems like it. Anyway, I have been reading a lot about Kobe and this was from Momo Shelburne's piece when he retired:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...edirected=true

"They (people showing up to meet-and-greet after road games during his farewell season) want to know how he became the Black Mamba, what sacrifices he made and the toll those take on a man. He writes things like "Be Legendary" on the shoes he passes out and tells young players like Kyrie Irving to create conflict on their team so nobody ever gets comfortable."

Grayson Allen has a sore hip and the Grizz are going to shut him down for a little bit to make sure it gets better. Not sure if folks have noticed but Grayson is playing much better this season than his rookie campaign. All his stats are up pretty significantly and he is consistently playing mid-teens minutes off the bench. Most importantly, his shooting has really improved after a dreadful rookie year. He's hitting a very respectable 36% of his 3s and his overall FG% is up to 45%.

Let's be clear -- I doesn't look like Grayson will ever be a solid NBA starter, but he does appear to be the kind of guy who can have a decent rotation roll for a long time.

-Jason "I bet Grayson never makes more than about $5 or 6 mil per season in his career... but I suspect he can find a way to live on $2-4 mil per year for the next decade" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Marques Bolden signs 10-day Contract with Cleveland Cavaliers

Congrats to 'Ques! He's going to play in the NBA this year. A dream come true, no doubt.

Here's the official announcement.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Grayson Allen has a sore hip and the Grizz are going to shut him down for a little bit to make sure it gets better. Not sure if folks have noticed but Grayson is playing much better this season than his rookie campaign. All his stats are up pretty significantly and he is consistently playing mid-teens minutes off the bench. Most importantly, his shooting has really improved after a dreadful rookie year. He's hitting a very respectable 36% of his 3s and his overall FG% is up to 45%.

Let's be clear -- I doesn't look like Grayson will ever be a solid NBA starter, but he does appear to be the kind of guy who can have a decent rotation roll for a long time.

-Jason "I bet Grayson never makes more than about $5 or 6 mil per season in his career... but I suspect he can find a way to live on $2-4 mil per year for the next decade" Evans
    What do you think Grayson needs to improve upon to become a solid NBA starter and why do you not think he will be able to make those improvements?

He is only halfway through his second season, has missed quite a few games due to injury, and has been held out of the lineup on other occasions even when healthy. Has he really been given a fair shake to this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    What do you think Grayson needs to improve upon to become a solid NBA starter and why do you not think he will be able to make those improvements?

He is only halfway through his second season, has missed quite a few games due to injury, and has been held out of the lineup on other occasions even when healthy. Has he really been given a fair shake to this point?
    (1) More height and length and defense, as he's a bit of a tweener size-wise between SG and PG. Probably not happening here.

OR

(2) Much better ball-handling, creation, and passing so he can become a PG

OR

(3) Become a 40-45% 3-pt shooter. Think Duncan Robinson (although again, he's taller), a starter on the Heat.

On balance, I would say he's unlikely to become a "solid starter" in the NBA, at least on a non-terrible team. Nothing wrong with cashing NBA paychecks for a decade by coming off the bench, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    (1) More height and length and defense, as he's a bit of a tweener size-wise between SG and PG. Probably not happening here.
    He is only 24. Perhaps Gray is still growing. If he could just add an inch or two he’ll be golden.😉

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    Congrats to 'Ques! He's going to play in the NBA this year. A dream come true, no doubt.

Here's the official announcement.
    Cute video of the Canton Charge GLeague locker room celebrating.

https://twitter.com/CantonCharge/sta...05251658895361
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?