Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    He gets $1.7 mil... good money for you and me, but basically just the veteran minimum for a NBA player. Whew, the market on him was truly awful for him to have signed this contract.

-Jason "Jah will be an unrestricted free agent after this coming season, which is a little bit better than his fellow class of 2015 guys who were restricted free agents" Evans
    All the more incentive for him to show out this year. Gonna be fun watching the Cajun Devils this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    All the more incentive for him to show out this year. Gonna be fun watching the Cajun Devils this year.
    Geaux Doux

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Decent chance Cam is on Nawlins now that the trade with Atlanta has happened for the #8.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Good news for Jabari --- Washington plans to decline his option and would like to work out a new deal. Apparently Jabari shares that interest.

I did not see the career Jabari has had while he was at Duke...saw him being the upper echelon of talent but he is not an advanced stats darling to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Good news for Jabari --- Washington plans to decline his option and would like to work out a new deal. Apparently Jabari shares that interest.

I did not see the career Jabari has had while he was at Duke...saw him being the upper echelon of talent but he is not an advanced stats darling to say the least.
    The Wiz owe $38 mil to Wall, $27 mil to Beal, and $15.4 mil to Mahinmi. I suspect they will struggle to offer Jabari more than maybe around $5 mil a season. I think he would be wise to take that. I suspect there would not be a robust market for him at this point in his career. He must become a more efficient scorer and a better defender to be a significant player on a good team.

-Jason "right now, I think his NBA classmate Rodney Hood is a better NBA player" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The Wiz owe $38 mil to Wall, $27 mil to Beal, and $15.4 mil to Mahinmi. I suspect they will struggle to offer Jabari more than maybe around $5 mil a season. I think he would be wise to take that. I suspect there would not be a robust market for him at this point in his career. He must become a more efficient scorer and a better defender to be a significant player on a good team.

-Jason "right now, I think his NBA classmate Rodney Hood is a better NBA player" Evans
    That would place Parker's salary somewhere between Jarrett Culver's(#6) rookie salary and Coby White's(#7). This number initially seemed to be a bit low but considering his injury history, defensive shortcomings and the Wizards' salary cap issues, $5 million/year might be an accurate baseline prediction.

Rodney Hood is one of the most enigmatic players in sports. His self confidence has been so volatile over the last few years that it is hard to know on what nights he'll be a top 50 player in the league and what nights he'll be a DNP - CD. When he's firing on all cylinders, he's a devastating scorer/shooter.

Parker + Pelicans!

Nice article on RJ in today’s NY Post. So pleased that he is a Knick. Loving it already. And shows some Z love.

Interesting point: He didn’t meet DJ at Duke? I know there are no “athlete dorms” at Duke, but aren’t there Athletic Dept events and interconnections? Weird to me.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/23/candid...pasteboard_app

Quote Originally Posted by duke74 View Post
    Nice article on RJ in today’s NY Post. So pleased that he is a Knick. Loving it already. And shows some Z love.

Interesting point: He didn’t meet DJ at Duke? I know there are no “athlete dorms” at Duke, but aren’t there Athletic Dept events and interconnections? Weird to me.

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. RJ (and DJ) both have a tough road to winning over NY but he really does seem to have a natural disposition for balance. Wonder if his parents will move to NYC with him like they did moving to Durham. Might help him make the transition. I'm really in awe of some of these guys graduating from HS, playing a year or two of big time ball, then leaping into NBA stardom. As we've learned from Jah and others, it's not always easy --- I can't even imagine the pressure, to be honest, considering my life at 19. RJ, more than any other Duke player in recent memory, seems mentally equipped for it though.

I think RJ is built for this kind of challenge...great mental composition. He won't be able to fix the Nix by himself, but I definitely see him succeeding and becoming a leader.

For one thing, Daniel finished his coursework for his degree in December. Don't football and hoops have their own separate work-out facilities?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. RJ (and DJ) both have a tough road to winning over NY but he really does seem to have a natural disposition for balance. Wonder if his parents will move to NYC with him like they did moving to Durham. Might help him make the transition. I'm really in awe of some of these guys graduating from HS, playing a year or two of big time ball, then leaping into NBA stardom. As we've learned from Jah and others, it's not always easy --- I can't even imagine the pressure, to be honest, considering my life at 19. RJ, more than any other Duke player in recent memory, seems mentally equipped for it though.
    I think RJ will have an easier time of it here. He has already been embraced by Knicks fans, and his draft position was in the line with expectations. It is also helpful how open, articulate, and excited to be here he is.

He does have New York roots in his blood, with his mom, I believe, from Brooklyn. And each of his parents were stars at St. John’s University here in Queens (and where I am now a professor).

I think RJ will have an easier time of it here. He has already been embraced by Knicks fans, and his draft position was in the line with expectations. It is also helpful how open, articulate, and excited to be here he is.

He does have New York roots in his blood, with his mom, I believe, from Brooklyn. And each of his parents were stars at St. John’s University here in Queens (and where I am now a professor).
    That doesn’t mean much. Ewing - arguably the last truly loved Knick - was born in Jamaica and spend his high school years in Cambridge, Mass.

RJ will be embraced if he either puts up amazing numbers or gets the Knicks to win. The first is double; the second requires a miracle.
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutchdevil View Post
    That doesn’t mean much. Ewing - arguably the last truly loved Knick - was born in Jamaica and spend his high school years in Cambridge, Mass.

RJ will be embraced if he either puts up amazing numbers or gets the Knicks to win. The first is double; the second requires a miracle.
    Possibly true, but focus on my first paragraph. He is already doing the right things to ingratiate himself with the Knicks fans including his profession that he wanted to be a Knick all along. He’s exactly where he should be at this stage.

This does go a long way around here, believe it or not.

RJ's first intro in Madison...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1142915447840563201

Nice suit, but if he really wants to be a Knick, RJ needs to call Clyde Frazier and get the name of his tailor...

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Nice suit, but if he really wants to be a Knick, RJ needs to call Clyde Frazier and get the name of his tailor...
    RJ actually responded to a question on that in the interview I posted earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyNotCrazie View Post
    Tyler Herro has Clyde's number, RJ can get it from him.

When I opened the ESPN App on my phone (Android) today, it asked me if I was a fan of the NBA because I could follow teams or specific players. This is a feature that ESPN had a few years ago and then dropped for whatever reason. Anyway, I went through and added all the Duke players to my follow list, so I just thought I would share that this is possible to do again.

Also, ESPN thinks Miles Plumlee is a point guard.

Possibly true, but focus on my first paragraph. He is already doing the right things to ingratiate himself with the Knicks fans including his profession that he wanted to be a Knick all along. He’s exactly where he should be at this stage.

This does go a long way around here, believe it or not.
    I agree. As long as he plays hard and isn't a diva, the MSG crowd will love him and cheer for him. I think it's going to be a great marriage.

Daniel Jones will have a much tougher road. He was picked so high, and the local sports radio scene is so football/baseball focused, that he will be scrutinized like crazy. Everyone knows the Knicks are going to be bad again, I think RJ has only upside.