Page 54 of 99 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1967

Curry

Seth had a highlight reel pass to Doncic last night. Doncic was laughing as he dunked.

Quote Originally Posted by MChambers View Post
    Seth had a highlight reel pass to Doncic last night. Doncic was laughing as he dunked.
    That is great...I really like how C.Webb is casually talking about the Spurs as Curry makes the play, and when he sees how great the pass is, he adds loud emphasis to his sentence as Doncic dunks, even though his sentence has nothing to do with Curry's pass:

"That's why they play the way they do, they don't have the speed of Tony Parker to penetrate and make it EA-SY!"

Kennard, Zion, and Justise are all on my fantasy team this year. Thank goodness someone took Marvin Bagley before I could grab him too. Ugh... it has been a tough season so far but I am 5-4 in my league and 2nd place in the 6 team division. I'm coasting to what appears to be an easy victory this week to get to 6-4 and when Zion starts playing I am gonna dominate!

-Jason "Trae Young and Nicola Jokic are my two stars... until Zion gets here!" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

4. Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Kennard, Zion, and Justise are all on my fantasy team this year. Thank goodness someone took Marvin Bagley before I could grab him too. Ugh... it has been a tough season so far but I am 5-4 in my league and 2nd place in the 6 team division. I'm coasting to what appears to be an easy victory this week to get to 6-4 and when Zion starts playing I am gonna dominate!

-Jason "Trae Young and Nicola Jokic are my two stars... until Zion gets here!" Evans

I have Kennard, Zion and JJ. I was gonna take Ingram but the guy right before picked him! Man that would have been amazing -- it's a great feeling to be a homer and still play to win. (I'm in 9-cat roto with 11 others.)

RJ quote from “The Athletic” about the biggest surprise of his rookie year:

“The amount of time that you spend on the court,” he said last week in Denver. “It’s like an every day thing. Going to the gym at night. We had a back-to-back, when we came to Sacramento some of the guys still came to the gym that night. It’s crazy the amount of work that everybody puts in.”

RJ is known as a worker, so this is evidence about just how hard these guys work. I remember Elton Brand saying the same thing on he was around KG on the 2003 Team USA, that he didn’t realize how much work the best players put in to get great and stay great.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    RJ quote from “The Athletic” about the biggest surprise of his rookie year:

“The amount of time that you spend on the court,” he said last week in Denver. “It’s like an every day thing. Going to the gym at night. We had a back-to-back, when we came to Sacramento some of the guys still came to the gym that night. It’s crazy the amount of work that everybody puts in.”

RJ is known as a worker, so this is evidence about just how hard these guys work. I remember Elton Brand saying the same thing on he was around KG on the 2003 Team USA, that he didn’t realize how much work the best players put in to get great and stay great.
    Including Allen Iverson?

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Including Allen Iverson?
    No no. AI was talking about practice.

This is about time on the court
    Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things. - Winston Churchill

President of the "Nolan Smith Should Have His Jersey in The Rafters" Club

Good to see Trent getting more playing time; a small sample, but he’s hitting over 40% of his 3’s. Compare that to Reddish at 26% so far.

Should see improvement in Cam’s numbers next season if not before.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Good to see Trent getting more playing time; a small sample, but he’s hitting over 40% of his 3’s. Compare that to Reddish at 26% so far.

Should see improvement in Cam’s numbers next season if not before.
    Might be a dip first. A lot of first year players hit "the wall" about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way through the season. Their bodies and their brains are not used to the fatigue of playing this many games and traveling this much.

Corey Maggette

Guess Corey's allegations remained that. The LA Clippers have him on the air as a color analyst for the Clippers Kings game in Sacramento. He is excellent in that role. Very knowledgeable. Sorry I missed Giles. He was not in the game when I watched a bit. Clippers are trying to build a state of the art arena in Inglewood near the New Rams stadium and The Forum. The forum is owned by MSG and the CEO is the worst NBA Owner Jim Dolan. They are suing Steve Ballmer the richest NBA owner to keep him from building in Inglewood. Ballmer will make it happen. Easier distance to LAX than Staples Downtown.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161141

That controversy with the LT Gov Va Justin Fairfax and Maggette seemed to go away.Don't really know. The Clippers took Maggette off the air in the spring

Giles getting props from Mavericks announcers

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161157
    Video clip mentions a good defensive play

Don't look now, but it appears Amile is going to get his chance!

Orlando's backup PF, Jonathan Issac, has hurt his knee and will be out for 2 months. Al-Farouq Aminu also has knee problems and it is unclear when he will be back. As a result, Amile appears to be the backup PF for the Magic behind Aaron Gordon (who has also been banged up lately). On Wednesday, when Issac got hurt, Amile played 13 minutes and grabbed 6 rebounds while scoring 2 points. He also dished out a pair of assists and had a blocked shot. I suppose it is possible that Orlando will trade or sign someone else but until they do, I think we can expect Amile to play meaningful minutes for them for the next few weeks at least.

As folks may recall, Amile's contract is non-guaranteed but all NBA contracts become guaranteed for the full season on January 10th. If Amile is still on the roster one week from today, he will get his full $1.5 million. Rooting for him in a big, big way!!

-Jason "Amile and QCook show the Duke to GLeague to 2-way to NBA path to success is one that is very navigable" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Amile and QCook show the Duke to GLeague to 2-way to NBA path to success is one that is very navigable
    While Lance Thomas is not currently playing in the league, he had a healthy career in the NBA after fighting his way through the G-League, even becoming co-captain of his Knicks team.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Orlando's backup PF, Jonathan Issac, has hurt his knee and will be out for 2 months. Al-Farouq Aminu also has knee problems and it is unclear when he will be back. As a result, Amile appears to be the backup PF for the Magic behind Aaron Gordon (who has also been banged up lately). On Wednesday, when Issac got hurt, Amile played 13 minutes and grabbed 6 rebounds while scoring 2 points. He also dished out a pair of assists and had a blocked shot. I suppose it is possible that Orlando will trade or sign someone else but until they do, I think we can expect Amile to play meaningful minutes for them for the next few weeks at least.

As folks may recall, Amile's contract is non-guaranteed but all NBA contracts become guaranteed for the full season on January 10th. If Amile is still on the roster one week from today, he will get his full $1.5 million. Rooting for him in a big, big way!!

-Jason "Amile and QCook show the Duke to GLeague to 2-way to NBA path to success is one that is very navigable" Evans
    Thanks for sharing that potentially-good news, Jason. I’m a big fan of Amile. He has always seemed to have such strong character along with a great attitude. It’s easy to root for him.

Seth with 25, five for five from three, as the Mavs beat the Nyets...

For players who can crack an NBA rotation in their teens, I feel that some people oversell the value of returning to Duke. But for rotation players who may not be able to crack an NBA rotation, Lance, Quinn and Amile all show how playing for K at Duke for all of your college eligibility is a real path to an NBA gig.

Unfortunately, Amile was a DNP tonite in Orlando's 20 point win over Miami.

JJ Redick game winning shot

Dribble drive helps Pelicans beat Kings. Giles got some minutes. Bagley injured again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161175

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Dribble drive helps Pelicans beat Kings. Giles got some minutes. Bagley injured again.

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=401161175
    Hah, some great old man game moves by JJ there! JJ with the dribble drive for the win wasn’t something I expected to hear these days! With the catch and shoot, sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    Unfortunately, Amile was a DNP tonite in Orlando's 20 point win over Miami.
    Yeah, they played backup center Khem Birch at PF some in this game and thus Amile did not see any time. Bummer... still, it feels like he is going to get some chances over the next couple weeks.