Page 41 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast
    Seth Curry missed all four of his three-point attempts last night, which dropped his career three-point percentage slightly. He is now sitting fourth all-time at 43.51% - in a tie with Steph Curry, to the hundredth of a percentage point.

I cannot believe nobody is talking about the hilarious incident between Austin Rivers and his dad as his dad gets T'd up and ejected. Truly hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Acymetric View Post
    I cannot believe nobody is talking about the hilarious incident between Austin Rivers and his dad as his dad gets T'd up and ejected. Truly hilarious.
    Jim Rhome certainly did. His highlight from last night.

@AustinRivers25
    Welp... thanksgiving is going to be weird...

Must be seen to be truly appreciated
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Wasn't quite sure where to put this. Do we have a dedicated thread for Duke Alumni updates?

At any rate, Carlos Boozer has twin sons, Cameron and Cayden. The pair are currently in the 7th grade (Class of 2025). They play some basketball. Cameron, at least, seems to be developing some of the same skills as his old man. Did I say old? Carlos was a year ahead of me at Duke. Wow, I am really getting up there...

Follow the link for video. https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...59538568724481

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    @AustinRivers25
    Welp... thanksgiving is going to be weird...
    He should probably ask his sister for an invite to the Currys house for Thanksgiving.
    Carolina delenda est

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBenAkiva View Post
    n. Did I say old? Carlos was a year ahead of me at Duke. Wow, I am really getting up there...

https://twitter.com/Ballislife/statu...59538568724481

Cry me a river.

I'm showing my age but I'm not sure why Austin had to get cheap laughs at the old man's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    I'm showing my age but I'm not sure why Austin had to get cheap laughs at the old man's expense.
    As a son, I approve.

As a father, tsk, tsk.

Cognitive dissonance.

Based on my experience with my daughter, I think that she would have done the same thing if she had the chance. Duke students were more respectful of their parents way back when, but I’m not sure whether that’s good or bad.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for Doc since he made sure that Austin got to Duke, which is how we beat Carolina on that huge shot.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    As a son, I approve.

As a father, tsk, tsk.

Cognitive dissonance.
    I'm pretty sure from his responses that Doc appreciates the humor there. A fun memory for father and son to look back on decades down the road, I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure from his responses that Doc appreciates the humor there. A fun memory for father and son to look back on decades down the road, I'm sure.
    I think you are right. I see a son giving dad the needle.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I think you are right. I see a son giving dad the needle.
    And a dad that is going to get some revenge. Austin just won’t know when.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Jim Rhome certainly did. His highlight from last night.
    Wow, I didn’t know Jim Rome is still around. I haven’t heard anything from him in YEARS. Do you remember the incident where Jim Rome kept calling Jim Everett (man, that’s a name you never hear anymore) “Chris”, in reference to tennis great Chris Evert? Classic.

Yeah, the Austin Rivers thing with his dad (Doc Rivers, coach of the Clippers) was awesome. Did you watch the whole video where both Doc and Austin were interviewed? Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Wow, I didn’t know Jim Rome is still around. I haven’t heard anything from him in YEARS. Do you remember the incident where Jim Rome kept calling Jim Everett (man, that’s a name you never hear anymore) “Chris”, in reference to tennis great Chris Evert? Classic.

Yeah, the Austin Rivers thing with his dad (Doc Rivers, coach of the Clippers) was awesome. Did you watch the whole video where both Doc and Austin were interviewed? Great stuff.
    Neither here nor there but I have no recall of Jim Everett.

Chris Evert, I will never forget. Along with her rival Martina Navratilova.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post

Yes, I recall Rhome makin fun of Jim (Chrissy) and they wrestled on the floor. Driving today and had two sports options, listening to Rhome or David Glenn. Easy choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    Neither here nor there but I have no recall of Jim Everett.

Chris Evert, I will never forget. Along with her rival Martina Navratilova.
    Jim Everett was the Rams' QB, and Rome was riding him. Everett appeared on the Jim Rome Show and, on camera, proceeded to beat the crap out of Jim Rome. They are about the same size.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

JJ is having another nice night. He had a dud 3 or 4 games ago but was inserted into the starting lineup (in place of an injured Lonzo, I believe) and has been performing well. I'd hoped he'd be a regular starter in NO and produce another age-defying increase in PPG but seems unlikely...NO also needs to get things figured out if they keep JJ's career playoff appearance streak alive.

Frank Jackson brought it tonight! 23 points in 23 minutes, 9-14 shooting, 4-7 from three, 5 rebounds, 2 assists. Not too shabby. Keep it up, Frank!