Page 36 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    One of the primary problems with publishing these days is that Yahoo, and everyone else, can get away with that link, which is not a "supplement" (there is no additional info) but is a rewritten summary of the Jackie Mac article using a ton of pull quotes. Even DBR has stricter intellectual property rules. It's wild.

...and all the neighborhood kids went home knowing full well that once their frisbee had landed in Billy Dat's yard there was nothing they could do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    ...and all the neighborhood kids went home knowing full well that once their frisbee had landed in Billy Dat's yard there was nothing they could do about it.
    I am not involved financially in that world, but I do worry about the fact that aggregators get the traffic that would normally go to the people actually paying for that article to be written, which just lowers the value of the content overall. But, I also watch lots of clips on YouTube that I didn't pay for so feel free to retrieve your frisbee, but watch out for the dog poop.

3 pt shooting

Cam is now 0 for 14 shooting 3’s in 4 NBA games. Hope he’s not on a Jack White run.

Yet Hawks still starting him, guess he’s playing well otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Cam is now 0 for 14 shooting 3’s in 4 NBA games. Hope he’s not on a Jack White run.

Yeah, tough to be a modern 3 and D guy with no 3 so hopefully his shot starts falling. He did have a couple of nice moments versus the Hawks last night, including a dunk on Tyler Herro.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Yeah, tough to be a modern 3 and D guy with no 3 so hopefully his shot starts falling. He did have a couple of nice moments versus the Hawks last night, including a dunk on Tyler Herro.
    I think you mean versus the Heat. Cam plays for the Hawks.
    Hard at work making beautiful things.

Yes, did mean the Heat, thanks.

Giles doesn't have his option picked up by the Kings. Will be a UFA next summer.

Quote Originally Posted by 907bluedevils View Post
    Giles doesn't have his option picked up by the Kings. Will be a UFA next summer.
    Sincerely hope he gets a decent offer and succeeds. My heart goes out to this young man who has worked hard and deserves a break.

Huge game by Okafor tonight. 23 points on 7-11 from the floor and 9-11 from the line. He and Ingram and Jackson all on the court to close out win #1 for the Pels.
    Just be you. You is enough. - K, 4/5/10, 0:13.8 to play, 60-59 Duke.

You're all jealous hypocrites. - Titus on Laettner

You see those guys? Animals. They're animals. - SIU Coach Chris Lowery, on Duke

Quote Originally Posted by pfrduke View Post
    Huge game by Okafor tonight. 23 points on 7-11 from the floor and 9-11 from the line. He and Ingram and Jackson all on the court to close out win #1 for the Pels.
    Duke south gets it done.

Great nighy for our Duke guys in NewOrleans. All were special. Okafor outstanding. Plumlee, valiant on the Denver team. (He should be starting.)

Against a very good Denver team too

Cam finally made a 3; but 2 of 11 overall last night. Shooting 20% from the field for the year.

Quote Originally Posted by 53n206 View Post
    Great nighy for our Duke guys in NewOrleans. All were special. Okafor outstanding. Plumlee, valiant on the Denver team. (He should be starting.)
    The three young Duke guys...Ingram, Okafor and Jackson combined for 72 points...JJ added 7....so 79 from Duke players. And Plumlee was called out by the Denver coach as the only player to play hard and well for them in this game.

In a small sample, Ingram has improved his FT% by about 10 points and is shooting 50% from 3 on over six attempts a game. The 50% will obviously decrease, but if he maintains 38% on good volume from three and maintains his FT%, I smell max contract incoming since he's so young (just turned 22 in Sept) and because the free agent market will be so weak in 2020.

Not sure it will be with the Pelicans, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I am not involved financially in that world, but I do worry about the fact that aggregators get the traffic that would normally go to the people actually paying for that article to be written, which just lowers the value of the content overall. But, I also watch lots of clips on YouTube that I didn't pay for so feel free to retrieve your frisbee, but watch out for the dog poop.
    In the on-line world of social media and info-tainment, there is a LOT of dog poop.

But JJ won the night:

jj_reddick-lego.jpg

Cam finally made a 3; but 2 of 11 overall last night. Shooting 20% from the field for the year.
    And Kendrick Nunn, an undrafted rookie for the Heat who spent a couple of years in the G League, looked way better than Cam in two straight Heat-Hawks games and is averaging 22.4 PPG.

So why am I talking about Kendrick Nunn in a Duke board? Because he was Jabari Parker's HS teammate, of course. Jabari looked really good in both games and made some highlight reel dunks, which was good to see after all of his injuries.

Cam is an enigma. Nobody looks the part better than Cam and you can see the potential- but he is so inconsistent. Hopefully he will stay positive and work at his game. But he will need to find that jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Troublemaker View Post
    Not sure it will be with the Pelicans, though.
    I doubt the Pelicans let him walk unless they really sour on him this year. He is a restricted free agent so they can match any contract offer he gets. The Pels are projected to have $30+ mil of cap space in the off-season. They will be perfectly fine using some of that on Ingram, I suspect.

The real Dukie question marks will be Frank and Jah. Jah will be an unrestricted free agent and Frank is restricted. I suspect the Pels will want to bring both of them back but at some point the Pels cannot afford to keep all their young talent around on second contracts.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?