Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by luburch View Post
    Noticed RJ didn't show up on the Devils in the NBA Page this morning: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html
    RJ starting point guard -- 37 minutes, 21 points on 9-13 shooting.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by HereBeforeCoachK View Post
    Yep, Kennard finished with 30 on 8-9 from three...Kyrie with 50
    That, as they say, is an employable skill!

Noticed RJ didn't show up on the Devils in the NBA Page this morning: http://huckleberry.mhu.edu/devilStats.html
    He's there now.

I had to guess whether he was "R.J." or "RJ", because the site didn't publish stats for any preseason contests. I guessed wrong, so when it scraped the data from the source page (basketball-reference.com) it whiffed.

But hey, thanks for using my page!

Quote Originally Posted by grad_devil View Post
    He's there now.

I had to guess whether he was "R.J." or "RJ", because the site didn't publish stats for any preseason contests. I guessed wrong, so when it scraped the data from the source page (basketball-reference.com) it whiffed.

Wait, your page is named "huckleberry?" You're such a hound.
    [redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by devildeac View Post
    Wait, your page is named "huckleberry?" You're such a hound.
    Long story, and it's not even a good one.

TL;DR I was partial to Val Kilmer's portayal of Doc Holliday in Tombstone when I was in grad school at Duke and selected my first hostname (I'm your Huckleberry...). The name stuck.

He's there now.

One of the first sites I check every morning. Thanks for keeping it going!

TL;DR I was partial to Val Kilmer's portayal of Doc Holliday in Tombstone when I was in grad school at Duke and selected my first hostname (I'm your Huckleberry...). The name stuck.
    Whew! At least it doesn't have anything to do with ol' roy and his striking separated-at-birth resemblance to the TV cartoon character...

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Every big? Zoubek? Marshall? Bolden is not done. He did give up a bigger leadership role and perhaps a degree- but he has som b-ball life.
    MP3 played in the NBA over the course of 2 seasons. Didn't play much but he got some checks from the NBA. Zoubek may very well have gotten some interest but he got injured right at the time that teams were evaluating for rosters and just decided he was done with b-ball. I agree though, Bolden is not done, and i'd be surprised if he doesn't wind up in the NBA sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    Yeah, I, too, felt like it was time for him to go. His pro stock was not going to increase much more. There is now a decent recent blueprint for Duke guys in his position (e.g. not making an opening night roster) to wind their ways to pro careers either in the NBA or overseas...Quinn, Lance, Seth being the shining examples of guys who made it all the way to a substantial NBA contract, Amile being someone currently on the path toward that, maybe Trevon is as well? (I can't find anything recent about him) Marshall and Ryan being guys who had a cup of coffee in the league before either heading overseas (Ryan) or continuing with an Army career.
    MP3 played over 2 seasons, so more than a cup of coffee, maybe like second breakfast, or 11sies, for very very tall hobbits. Ryan also played over the course of multiple seasons, so he had a full course meal.

Otherwise, very impressive night for Duke alums in the NBA!!!
    Kyrie and Luke have been covered, and both were amazing!
    Justise had 27-7-7 on 10-21 FGs in probably the 2nd or 3rd most impressive game of the night for Duke alum!!!
    Tatum scored 21 & 10 on 8-22 FGs for 4th most impressive, wow!
    Bagley had 14 & 10 on 6-16 FGs
    Wendell had 12 & 9 on 5-11 FGs
    MP2 had 5-4-5
    Hood had 13 & 5 on 5-10 FGs
    Barrett had 21-5-2 on 9-13 FGs
    Tyus had 15 & 7 ast on 6-12 FGs
    Grayson had 5 pts on 2-6 FGs
    ed.2- Seth had 9 on 3-6 FGs
    Duke scored 213 pts last night (if my math is right)!!! Plus 2 double-doubles, 2 others were just 1 or 2 rebs away from said, and Tyus and Justise were sniffing around said with 7 assists each...

can't wait for the Duke alum aggregator page to make its debut!!! ed.- i see that it's already in action, YAY!!!! ed.2- I also didn't see Seth Curry originally, so 222 pts for Duke alum last night!!!
    Last edited by DukieInBrasil; 10-24-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Bagley out 4-6 weeks. Unfortunate, as many feel he could be on the verge of a breakout season.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Bagley out 4-6 weeks. Unfortunate, as many feel he could be on the verge of a breakout season.
    Ugh! Duke guys not catching many breaks on the injury front.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyClark View Post
    Out for last night's game with a sore knee.

For all that crazy talent, I wonder if he is broken.
    I think many Duke fans felt that way (broken) during Harry’s one year in college. At least that was the general feeling among fans I spoke with. He then missed his entire rookie year due to previous injuries. He played in parts of 58 games during his second season — not exactly great, but still encouraging.

Here’s hoping Harry can overcome his recent setback and have a healthy and productive third season. We are all pulling for you Harry. We haven’t forgotten.

One of the first sites I check every morning. Thanks for keeping it going!
    Same here, thanks for all the hard work and it keeps me from laboring over NBA box scores. More difficult since this old geezer no longer has a newspaper delivered (driveway’s too long and neither dog/wife trainable).

You’re no daisy

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Ayton had a pretty solid game, and this was through no fault of his own, but he legitimately injured Bagley, Fox, and Hield (basically, the entire young core of the Kings) in the span of about three minutes in that game. I think that only Bagley's was serious, fortunately for Kings fans. But it was a very weird little sequence.

Cam getting his first burn against Kennard's Pistons. Hasn't hit his first NBA shot yet but looks like Luke is starting where he left off last night w/ his hot shooting.

Wow, Kyrie’s averaging 50 points a game this season. The change of scenery from Boston must really have done him some good.

17. Must be because he wants to be the main man on campus and not play second fiddle to anyone. Why he chose to join the Nets with KD.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    Ugh! Duke guys not catching many breaks on the injury front.
    picking up where they left off in college....

Quote Originally Posted by godins View Post
    Wow, Kyrie’s averaging 50 points a game this season. The change of scenery from Boston must really have done him some good.
    I wish Kyrie well and hope he succeeds in Brooklyn. I really do. I also hope the Celtics do well (Tatum is still on that team). I know many were laughing when that last shot didn't go in for him, but I think it sure would have been incredible if it had. Talk about a great opening to the season for one of our own. That would have been better than a bag of hot boiled peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Same here, thanks for all the hard work and it keeps me from laboring over NBA box scores. More difficult since this old geezer no longer has a newspaper delivered (driveway’s too long and neither dog/wife trainable).
    Your newspaper has NBA box scores? Kudos.