Page 22 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DtrainBuckshot View Post
    Not sure what an Exhibit 10 deal is, but good for the big fella!

https://thespun.com/acc/duke-blue-de...-canton-charge
    This is what I found

An Exhibit 10 contract is a summer/training camp NBA contract for the NBA league minimum salary. It can be converted to a regular-season contract or a two-way deal, or it can expire at the conclusion of camp and a player becomes a free agent.

Sounds like they want to see how he does- good chance is that he gets a two way deal- but he could make the big team. Big guys are not quite as common as they once were.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    This is what I found

An Exhibit 10 contract is a summer/training camp NBA contract for the NBA league minimum salary. It can be converted to a regular-season contract or a two-way deal, or it can expire at the conclusion of camp and a player becomes a free agent.

Sounds like they want to see how he does- good chance is that he gets a two way deal- but he could make the big team. Big guys are not quite as common as they once were.
    If he is not picked for the final roster or a two-way contract and he goes to Canton for 60 days as a regular G League player, he gets a $50,000 payment that does not count towards the Cavaliers' salary cap calculations. It was a good feature of the past CBA and recent NBA changes as an $85,000 salary for the year allows the league to compete better with overseas teams for players like Bolden. Not counting the payment towards the salary cap also makes it so that all teams can make these signings with mild cost whereas before a lot of teams were signing players to completely unguaranteed contracts for training camp.

Quote Originally Posted by DtrainBuckshot View Post
    Not sure what an Exhibit 10 deal is, but good for the big fella!

https://thespun.com/acc/duke-blue-de...-canton-charge
    More on Bolden

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2019/...urces-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    LOL, at this point I just started scanning down and ignoring any post that was about the Celtics and Kyrie. TheOldBattleship made a great post about Frank Jackson that was worth a read.
    Yup. Right there with you...
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by TheOldBattleship View Post
    This may be fruitless attempt to change the topic of conversation here.
    Excellent attempt sir!! You have my full support!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    With all due respect to all of the amazing one-and-done talents that cycled through Duke, I really get attached to these "3-4 year" guys. Like Grayson, for example. I'm also attached to Marques... I liked his apparent personality i saw on TV, his interviews, etc... that I really hope he catches on somewhere, and that I will follow him through his journey...

My reading indicates that the bonus is optional and can range from 5K to 50K. Still a lot of people graduating from college, even from Duke, would be thrilled to have a job making 50,000 to 85,000 dollars a year right out of school.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketeli View Post
    My reading indicates that the bonus is optional and can range from 5K to 50K. Still a lot of people graduating from college, even from Duke, would be thrilled to have a job making 50,000 to 85,000 dollars a year right out of school.
    or, as in my case, ever.

Adam Wojnarowski reports that New Orleans now has a game scheduled for Christmas day at Denver. Have the Pelicans ever had a Christmas day game before? I wonder why they made the decision to televise this game on Christmas day?

Quote Originally Posted by hallcity View Post
    Adam Wojnarowski reports that New Orleans now has a game scheduled for Christmas day at Denver. Have the Pelicans ever had a Christmas day game before? I wonder why they made the decision to televise this game on Christmas day?
    Deck the hall with Lonzo balls...?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nope:

https://www.lyricsondemand.com/chris...ionlyrics.html

1. "Prepare the way, O Zion..."

2. "O Zion, he approaches..."

3. "Fling wide thy portals, Zion..."

Need any more evidence?

[redacted] them and the horses they rode in on.

Adam Wojnarowski reports that New Orleans now has a game scheduled for Christmas day at Denver.
    At least on paper, it's a REALLY fun slate of Christmas-day games this year. The NBA leaned hard into the storyline angle (as they should) without having to sacrifice having relatively even matchups this time around. The full list:

Pels/Nuggets
    Lakers/Clippers
    Celtics/Raptors
    Rockets/Warriors
    Bucks/76ers

Quite a few Duke guys playing that day (even outside of the Duke crew in New Orleans). Should be a heck of a group of games.

I'm not sure if this is a serious question, but NBA on Christmas Day is a big thing (like NFL on Thanksgiving). Makes sense that they would highlight a guy they expect to be the hot new thing as part of that. Its usually a good bet that whatever team LeBron is on will play on Christmas as well.

So I could watch Duke South play on my birthday. New Orleans Devilcans

15. Not quite sure where to put this, but what a bizarre and interesting story.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/david-...235755023.html
    At the reported urging of LeBron James, David Griffin painted a different picture of his scrutinized comments over his time in Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    I think you meant “Brick the hall with Lonzo’s (off target) balls.”

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Sounds painful to me. Especially if you get your thumbs caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    Sounds painful to me. Especially if you get your thumbs caught.
    There is a joke about inducing camels to ingest additional water so to endure a trans-desert trek. The key phrase is: "brick 'em"

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Great opportunity for Bolden here. He's got most of the tools he'll need (ANY kind of jumpshot or even just the ability to hit free throws at a reasonably high rate would certainly help) to carve out a spot in the NBA, particularly defensively, and he really developed into a guy who tried to find and embrace a clear role in his time at Duke. Fingers crossed that he can stay healthy; that (and the fact that he'd seem to lose confidence when he got nicked up and had to work his way back into shape) was always his biggest issue. Very cool that he'll be working with Antonio Lang, as well. Lang really did hit the nail on the head in his comments in this article, I thought: “In college you don’t have space. Here you have space and he can create space if he continues to roll hard. Everything you look for in a big he has, he just has to be more efficient with his footwork and learn the game more. That comes with practice and time. He’s more suited for the NBA game.”

Anyway, best of luck to Bolden; here's hoping he can snag that two-way deal from Cleveland.