Page 11 of 99 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Knicks after Lance again?

Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Good for Lance..."if they can agree on terms." With the musical chairs winding down, it might behoove Lance to agree to terms as NY (mess that it is) has been a nice fit for him.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Bleacher Report has a post up on their look at "The Top 25 Free Agents" left available. Lance is on the very outside looking in, given a last name listing in the Honorable Mention column.

Quinn, however, comes in at 13.
    Microwave scorers are not created equally. Many are genuinely talented. Others get by on irrational confidence alone. A few are effective in deliberate doses but are yet-to-be-determined assets when weighed against larger roles.

Quinn Cook, now an unrestricted free agent after the Warriors rescinded his qualifying offer, is a mix of everything—not quite known but also not unexplored. He is definitely a notch above the cookie-cutter critiques.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...torial#slide14
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    Bleacher Report has a post up on their look at "The Top 25 Free Agents" left available. Lance is on the very outside looking in, given a last name listing in the Honorable Mention column.

Quinn, however, comes in at 13.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...torial#slide14
    Tyus checks in at #9 and BR says it expects him to remain in Minnesota.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quinn a Laker

2 years $6 million.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    2 years $6 million.
    Next best thing to Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    2 years $6 million.
    Thats going to be a fun watch!!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Can't root for Team Fizzle now. Will glad to be wrong if QC can be the straw that stirs the drink.

Still, he's going to have to navigate a high drama situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post
    Can't root for Team Fizzle now. Will glad to be wrong if QC can be the straw that stirs the drink.

I dunno, guys and gals. Suddenly it's 1969 again. But instead of Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West for the Lakers we have Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Quinn Cook.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by cspan37421 View Post

Bet thats why they took him, he’s a team guy and has the 4-year college maturity.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Bet thats why they took him, he’s a team guy and has the 4-year college maturity.
    That, and LeBron always does better with a Dukie on his team...

-jk

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    I dunno, guys and gals. Suddenly it's 1969 again. But instead of Elgin Baylor, Wilt Chamberlain and Jerry West for the Lakers we have Lebron James, Anthony Davis and Quinn Cook.
    Apt comparisons all!

Update

You guys have to help me here but here is the original list of those in doubt.

Quinn Cook, signed for The Lakers
    Seth Curry, Signed for The Mavericks
    Luol Deng, Minnesota Timberwolves: Free agent.No news.
    Rodney Hood, Re-Signed for the Trailblazers.
    Kyrie Irving, Nets.
    Tyus Jones, Minnesota Timberwolves: Qualifying offer 3.8 MUSD. Situation not clear.
    Semi Ojeleye, Boston Celtics: 2019/20 reportedly guaranteed.
    Frank Jackson, New Orleans Pelicans:
    eligible for an extension July 9 [surely that’s a no brainer]
    Jabari Parker, Washington Wizards: He will probably not be at the Wizards. No news.
    J.J. Redick, New Orleans
    Austin Rivers, signed for Houston Rockets
    Amile Jefferson, Magic: Restricted free agent. No news.
    Lance Thomas. Let go by the Knicks. No news except rumors he might be back.
    Trevon Duval. Summer League with Houston.

Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Class move by JJ to take out a full page ad in the Inquirer to thank Philly. I know he really enjoyed playing here but was happy to see him get a 2-year contract in NO. He'll be a valuable addition down there --- just hope he's able to get home to Brooklyn once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Furniture View Post
    "Tyus on the move"? Not necessarily. He is a restricted free agent. The full Malika Andrews article on ESPN points out: "The Minnesota Timberwolves will have two days to match the offer sheet or Jones will be a member of the Grizzlies."

Quote Originally Posted by brevity View Post
    "Tyus on the move"? Not necessarily. He is a restricted free agent. The full Malika Andrews article on ESPN points out: "The Minnesota Timberwolves will have two days to match the offer sheet or Jones will be a member of the Grizzlies."
    Yes I should have put a ? after it as you have done. Anyway nice payday for Tyus either way! Awesome for him!
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!

Word on the street is that Jabari Parker is signing with the Hawks for 2 years $13 mil. The second year is a player's option.

I can't even tell you how much I hate this deal. Parker is an inefficient scorer who does not seem to play very hard on D. If he plays well for the Hawks, he can opt out and become a free agent. Put another way -- the only way he gets to use $7+ mil of the Hawks 2020-21 cap space is if he sucks so bad that no one else wants to pay him.

-Jason "I generally trust everything Travis Schlenk has done with the Hawks lately... this and (to a much lesser extent) the king's ransom we gave up for De'Andre Hunter both have me confused" Evans
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    Word on the street is that Jabari Parker is signing with the Hawks for 2 years $13 mil. The second year is a player's option.

I can't even tell you how much I hate this deal. Parker is an inefficient scorer who does not seem to play very hard on D. If he plays well for the Hawks, he can opt out and become a free agent. Put another way -- the only way he gets to use $7+ mil of the Hawks 2020-21 cap space is if he sucks so bad that no one else wants to pay him.

-Jason "I generally trust everything Travis Schlenk has done with the Hawks lately... this and (to a much lesser extent) the king's ransom we gave up for De'Andre Hunter both have me confused" Evans
    Yeah, bad deal. I would maybe use cap filler for Jabari for a year. But unless he gets a work ethic, not thank you.

Okafor kinda has a similar first couple of seasons but seems to have flipped the switch. I hope Jabari figures it out too.