Page 97 of 99 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    In addition to all that, Butler has a reputation of being a negative force in the locker room.

He's done two podcasts with JJ and they talk about it in much more detail in the first, specifically about his time with the Timberwolves.
    Could be situational. Seems his attitude is working quite well with Miami. Definitely looks like a leader on the court to me.

2. Oh I think he's an amazing player and given the right situation, a good leader.

I'm just drawing parallels about how players are painted in the media.

Oh I think he's an amazing player and given the right situation, a good leader.

Players are painted differently in the local media based on success. If the Heat manage to win a trophy this year, Butler will be exalted in Miami. I don't know that it makes any more sense than him taking the fall in Philly for their failures.

Game 2 redux parte dois?

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Nice seeing Plumlee getting some burn
    That comment did not age well and also does not exactly mean what you meant it to mean...

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Plumlee definitely blew the assignment by trying to go under the screen. Not saying that AD wouldn't have made the 3 or some other shot to win the game, but MP2 did not do what he should have done. Crispy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Players are painted differently in the local media based on success. If the Heat manage to win a trophy this year, Butler will be exalted in Miami. I don't know that it makes any more sense than him taking the fall in Philly for their failures.
    The Buck stops here standard is applied to the best player on most teams in the NBA. Over the past 2 seasons, no one is more familiar with this than Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by DukieInBrasil View Post
    Plumlee definitely blew the assignment by trying to go under the screen. Not saying that AD wouldn't have made the 3 or some other shot to win the game, but MP2 did not do what he should have done. Crispy.
    The big problem is that it wasn't even a screen. Lebron was just standing there and Plumlee ran to him rather than following AD. In fact, I suspect the play was for AD to clear Mason out of the middle giving more room for Lebron to operate when the pass was thrown to him. Mason succeeded in forcing the Lakers to pass to someone not on the NBA Mt. Rushmore but he gave AD a pretty wide open look as a result.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Was Mason expecting Lebron's man to switch?

Oh I think he's an amazing player and given the right situation, a good leader.

I don't think Butler is ever painted as a locker room problem in the media. Usually it is presented as "Butler is such a hard worker and fierce competitor in practice, sometimes the more easy going guys who don't like to work as hard don't get along with him." (Which paints the other guys as the problem for not wanting to work hard enough).

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post
    The big problem is that it wasn't even a screen. Lebron was just standing there and Plumlee ran to him rather than following AD. In fact, I suspect the play was for AD to clear Mason out of the middle giving more room for Lebron to operate when the pass was thrown to him. Mason succeeded in forcing the Lakers to pass to someone not on the NBA Mt. Rushmore but he gave AD a pretty wide open look as a result.
    The play was setup for Lebron. AD was the second choice according to AD.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    The play was setup for Lebron. AD was the second choice according to AD.
    Yeah, I mean there's no way the Lakers play-call was for their center to run around the perimeter, unscreened, to jack up a contested three - which is the position AD would have been in if Mason had stuck with him.

Quote Originally Posted by niveklaen View Post
    Was Mason expecting Lebron's man to switch?
    I was following the Twitter debate on the play last night with some people breaking down the clip like it was the Zapruder film. I saw one clip where Mason and Grant were briefly talking and hand signaling in the second before the ball was inbounded. Grant was totally pinned behind Lebron on the low side so there was absolutely no way he was getting around him on a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    Yeah, I mean there's no way the Lakers play-call was for their center to run around the perimeter, unscreened, to jack up a contested three - which is the position AD would have been in if Mason had stuck with him.
    I agree. The thing that makes the defensive blunder so egregious is that Davis had just nailed a 3 from the same side of the arc with 3:03 left in the game and was having a very good offensive 4th quarter. Still, though, Jokic made a heck of a close out and Davis made a tough shot. An equally bad play was the Nuggets, after Jokic's Battier-01-finals-tip-in, just letting Davis drive in for a fairly uncontested lay-up to regain the lead. That was really poor defensive communication between Dozier and Jokic.

Of course if Denver had managed to get an occasional defensive rebound, we aren't having this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    I was following the Twitter debate on the play last night with some people breaking down the clip like it was the Zapruder film. I saw one clip where Mason and Grant were briefly talking and hand signaling in the second before the ball was inbounded. Grant was totally pinned behind Lebron on the low side so there was absolutely no way he was getting around him on a switch.

I agree. The thing that makes the defensive blunder so egregious is that Davis had just nailed a 3 from the same side of the arc with 3:03 left in the game and was having a very good offensive 4th quarter. Still, though, Jokic made a heck of a close out and Davis made a tough shot. An equally bad play was the Nuggets, after Jokic's Battier-01-finals-tip-in, just letting Davis drive in for a fairly uncontested lay-up to regain the lead. That was really poor defensive communication between Dozier and Jokic.
    Well Plumlee is getting roasted for it. It would be nice to hear what happened because he clearly chose to go to Lebron. Still that was no east shot.

Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Well Plumlee is getting roasted for it. It would be nice to hear what happened because he clearly chose to go to Lebron. Still that was no east shot.
    More like West North West, IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    More like West North West, IIRC.
    Sounds like if Kanye's daughter starred in a 007 picture:

"I didn't catch your name..."

"West, North West."

Agree about the Denver rebounds. The Lakers made their own luck, but they made an awful lot of late shot clock chucked 3s in that final stanza and seemed to get every bounce.

Joker was right in his face and with an outstretched hand about 11 feet above the playing surface. I highly doubt Plumlee's presence would have altered the outcome of the play.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

Quote Originally Posted by Natty_B View Post
    This is exactly the twitter video I was referring to earlier. I don't think it exonerates him but it at least makes one pause before continuing to flog him.