Page 56 of 99 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by budwom View Post
    Ingram is becoming a star
    Yeah, he and Tatum are bubble All-Stars but Ingram is becoming Pippen-like. It will be interesting what happens when Zion gets to 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus View Post
    And the general manager participating in shoot around?
    A very short clip of RJ and Zion, with Langdon, Jackson and Okafor all appearing in the background. This really shows the success Coach K has had getting players into the NBA (as players and executives). The Duke basketball twitter account should retweet and change the header from "just a couple of guys from @dukembb" to "just a handful of guys from @dukembb".

Jason Tatum with > 40 points so far (3 quarters) against the Pelicans. Sheesh.

BI gets the Kirk Goldsberry treatment

BI Shooting Stats_Goldsberry.jpg

Monster game by Okafor in Pelicans OT win over the Pistons. Started and scored 25 with 14 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks for a +14 in 34 minutes. Frank Jackson had 13 points and 8 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Next game--ZION!!!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis325 View Post
    Monster game by Okafor in Pelicans OT win over the Pistons. Started and scored 25 with 14 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks for a +14 in 34 minutes. Frank Jackson had 13 points and 8 rebounds in 32 minutes.

Next game--ZION!!!
    Okafor had proven repeatedly that if you give him minutes and touches, he will score. Unfortunately, he rarely gets that. Really looking forward to seeing Ingram and Zion, along with Holiday, JJ, and company.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke79UNLV77 View Post
    Okafor had proven repeatedly that if you give him minutes and touches, he will score. Unfortunately, he rarely gets that. Really looking forward to seeing Ingram and Zion, along with Holiday, JJ, and company.
    I'm always rooting for Okafor, National Champion, but I've watched Pelicans, Duke South, games all preseason and all season and Jah simply doesn't have it on the defensive end. It's not lack of effort or indifference...

He can still score, however, and I think he should be getting minutes.

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    I haven't watched a minute of the Pelicans this year, or any other team for that matter. The NBA just isn't my cup of tea.
    However, I've noticed that they are trending up, in fact if you look at only the last few games, they have a winning record. I'd love to see JJ keep his streak alive, as unlikely as that would be.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    I haven't watched a minute of the Pelicans this year, or any other team for that matter. The NBA just isn't my cup of tea.
    However, I've noticed that they are trending up, in fact if you look at only the last few games, they have a winning record. I'd love to see JJ keep his streak alive, as unlikely as that would be.
    After a horrible start (and some injuries) they are starting to turn it around. Brandon Ingram is playing like an all star. Jrue Holliday who played like an all star last year has been pretty bad this year but he's been injured of late and Lonzo Bell has been instrumental. With Zion coming back on Thursday it'll be interesting to see if they can get into the playoffs.

10. Quote Originally Posted by CameronBornAndBred View Post
    The unbalanced schedule has dictated the Pelicans' record to some extent. It's front loaded difficult, OK in the middle, and easy down the stretch. So they still have a chance for the playoffs, especially if Zion can scale up quickly.

Quinn Cook

Daily Mail pic with singer Halsey courtside.
    Not sure if this works.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ew-single.html

photo 5 of 9
    Click on Halsey's photo than scroll to photo 5 of 9.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Daily Mail pic with singer Halsey courtside.
    Not sure if this works.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ew-single.html

photo 5 of 9
    Click on Halsey's photo than scroll to photo 5 of 9.
    For me it was photo 8, but thanks for this post because photo 6 was not bad either. How did you stumble across this, big Halsey fan?

Daily Mail is a website for It Girls or attractive women in show biz or fashion.Lakers enjoy fans from music and film. The Clippers seem to get Billy Crystal but not as many stars as the Lakers.
    Not that big a Halsey fan. She does have the looks. I would be more inclined to be impressed with Kylie Minogue or actresses like Kate Beckinsale, Duke fan model Martha Hunt or Margot Robbie.
    Last edited by heyman25; 01-14-2020 at 08:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    For me it was photo 8, but thanks for this post because photo 6 was not bad either. How did you stumble across this, big Halsey fan?
    Quinn showed up in picture 8 for me as well but after pictures 6 and 7 I may have to become a Halsey fan! :-)

Kyrie was great in his return. 32 points on 12-19, 3-5, 5-6, 11 assists, 1 turnover. The team lost, though, to the Fightin' Quin Snyders. It will be interesting to see how Kyrie and Spencer Dinwiddle fit together. Dinwiddle has put up big scoring numbers, albeit on low shooting percentages. Before Durant returns, they seem stuck in mediocrity, with some win and loss streaks depending on the strength of their opponents.

Speaking of the mighty Quinn, his teams seem to overachieve every year.

Ingram with 49 points on 15 of 25 shooting against the Jazz tonight. He’s quickly becoming who we thought he could be.

Damn. This could be the best offensive performance in a game by any Duke player in the NBA ever. I think it is.

Damn. This could be the best offensive performance in a game by any Duke player in the NBA ever. I think it is.
    I can’t find a better one.

damn. This could be the best offensive performance in a game by any duke player in the nba ever. I think it is.
    This sums it up
    BI > AD

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I can’t find a better one.
    On March 12, 2015 Kyrie Irving took the floor against the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs and delivered the best scoring performance in Cavaliers history. He shot 20-of-32 from the field, while connecting at a perfect rate from 3-point range (7-of-7) and from the free-throw line (10-of-10) for a franchise-record 57 points. Irving added five assists, three rebounds and four steals, while turning the ball over just twice during the effort, as he guided his Cavaliers team to a 128-125 victory.