Page 61 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by miramar View Post
    Looking at the fourth quartile, you can't help but notice that almost all were one and dones who really needed more seasoning, so I have to wonder how they would be doing if they had stayed more time at Duke. I could see guys like Kyrie, Justise, Jayson, and Jabari as one and dones, but I had doubts about most of the players in the 4Q. Worse yet is Trevon Duval, who has played in only three NBA games and has started a mere two games in the G-League this season. For his short career he is only hitting 24% on threes and 64% on FTs.
    Hard to see much of an argument against being an OAD in my mind based on this. At one extreme, take Brandon Ingram. First year with Lakers disappointed, at 9.4 ppg. If he had stayed for four years, this would be his rookie season. Hard to imagine he'd be doing better than he is now if he'd stayed--averaging 25/7/4--in part because he's had three years to do nothing but work on basketball. Oh, and he's about $16 million wealthier than if he'd stayed.

At the other extreme, take Luke Kennard. Would be rookie this year. Outside of injury, continues to make progress at around 16 ppg. And, oh yeah, he's about $7M richer. Just can't see any argument for someone who is draftable in first round not going that route. No way that more college would have improved them more than going to NBA--remember, in the League, they spend 100% of their time working on hoops skills with best coaching/support in the world. While being paid (ridiculously generously) to do so.

I think it's more time than anything for some of your 4Q players. No way that Barrett and Bagley don't progress (outside of injury) over the time that they otherwise would have spent in college. And Grayson is counterargument. He'd be much wealthier and at least as good if not better had he left after soph year.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie View Post
    Gary Trent with 30 last night on 12 of 18 shooting - couple of starters injured. Portland lost, but he kept it relatively close and played in crunch times.
    He must have read the last few pages of this thread.

“When I was out for those seven weeks and not saying anything and still people are still saying things about me. It’s inevitable. They crucified Martin Luther King for speaking about peace and social integration.“

SHUT UP KYRIE

Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    “When I was out for those seven weeks and not saying anything and still people are still saying things about me. It’s inevitable. They crucified Martin Luther King for speaking about peace and social integration.“

SHUT UP KYRIE
    It's his constitutional right to speak.

You don't have to listen.

Just as I choose to ignore most of your posts about Kyrie. But they do take up a lot of space in a thread I enjoy following.

Simmons Walker Westbrook Curry Lillard Fox in no particular order I would take over Kyrie. Possibly also Paul Conley Lowry Murray Young Brogdon. Kyrie is a cancer.
    Simmons? No.

Walker? MAYBE.

Westbrook? No. More selfish than almost anybody.

Curry? Yes, although it's not really an apples-to-apples comparison.

Lillard? Maybe.

Fox? Heck no.

Paul? Never. Want to talk about a guy who is toxic!

Conley? No.

Lowry? Probably not.

Murray? No.

Young? Maybe?

Brogdon? No.

But thanks for playing.
    "We are not provided with wisdom, we must discover it for ourselves, after a journey through the wilderness which no one else can take for us, an effort which no one can spare us, for our wisdom is the point of view from which we come at last to regard the world." --M. Proust

SHUT UP KYRIE
    Below is a list of your recent posts, all attacking Kyrie. These are all in the last three days. Before then, your previous post was almost two years ago. I don't think you have much of a market for the Kyrie story you are peddling on a Duke fan site. Perhaps you can go elsewhere?:

Thread: Dukies in the NBA 2019-20
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

“When I was out for those seven weeks and not...

“When I was out for those seven weeks and not saying anything and still people are still saying things about me. It’s inevitable. They crucified Martin Luther King for speaking about peace and social...

Yesterday, 11:36 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

For starters, he plays no defense. He doesn’t...

For starters, he plays no defense. He doesn’t even try.

He also quite clearly quit on his team.

01-18-2020, 08:53 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

I never thought I could ever prefer a UConn...

I never thought I could ever prefer a UConn player over a Duke player... until Kemba replaced Kyrie on the Celts. The difference is glaring. One guy plays for the name on the front of his jersey. The...

01-18-2020, 08:18 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Simmons Walker Westbrook Curry Lillard Fox in no...

Simmons Walker Westbrook Curry Lillard Fox in no particular order I would take over Kyrie. Possibly also Paul Conley Lowry Murray Young Brogdon. Kyrie is a cancer.

01-18-2020, 07:53 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

He is definitely #1 on the entertainment scale -...

He is definitely #1 on the entertainment scale - no argument there. But not for the reasons he’d like to be!

01-18-2020, 05:43 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Almost peerless on the court? I’d argue he’s not...

Almost peerless on the court? I’d argue he’s not a top 20 player in the NBA.

01-18-2020, 03:29 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Kanye is a great comparison

01-18-2020, 03:16 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Exactly. The other day he commented about how it...

Exactly. The other day he commented about how it was obvious the team needed more pieces. Which isn't untrue. But he made these comments directly after a 6-21 shooting performance in which he played...

01-18-2020, 11:26 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

No one would say Kyrie is even among the best...

No one would say Kyrie is even among the best point guards today, let alone all time. He is possibly the worst leader that I have ever seen in terms of a star professional athlete. He has absolutely...

01-18-2020, 07:39 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Kyrie

Quote from yesterday. When did this guy become so unlikeable? I am genuinely embarrassed that he is associated with Duke.

"That's a deeper dive man, I honestly think that it's just probably a...
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Below is a list of your recent posts, all attacking Kyrie. These are all in the last three days. Before then, your previous post was almost two years ago. I don't think you have much of a market for the Kyrie story you are peddling on a Duke fan site. Perhaps you can go elsewhere?:

by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

“When I was out for those seven weeks and not...

“When I was out for those seven weeks and not saying anything and still people are still saying things about me. It’s inevitable. They crucified Martin Luther King for speaking about peace and social...

Yesterday, 11:36 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

For starters, he plays no defense. He doesn’t...

For starters, he plays no defense. He doesn’t even try.

He also quite clearly quit on his team.

01-18-2020, 08:53 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

I never thought I could ever prefer a UConn...

I never thought I could ever prefer a UConn player over a Duke player... until Kemba replaced Kyrie on the Celts. The difference is glaring. One guy plays for the name on the front of his jersey. The...

01-18-2020, 08:18 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Simmons Walker Westbrook Curry Lillard Fox in no...

01-18-2020, 07:53 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

He is definitely #1 on the entertainment scale -...

He is definitely #1 on the entertainment scale - no argument there. But not for the reasons he’d like to be!

01-18-2020, 05:43 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Almost peerless on the court? I’d argue he’s not...

Almost peerless on the court? I’d argue he’s not a top 20 player in the NBA.

01-18-2020, 03:29 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

01-18-2020, 03:16 PM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Exactly. The other day he commented about how it...

Exactly. The other day he commented about how it was obvious the team needed more pieces. Which isn't untrue. But he made these comments directly after a 6-21 shooting performance in which he played...

01-18-2020, 11:26 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

No one would say Kyrie is even among the best...

No one would say Kyrie is even among the best point guards today, let alone all time. He is possibly the worst leader that I have ever seen in terms of a star professional athlete. He has absolutely...

01-18-2020, 07:39 AM
    by npdevil27

Replies
    Views

Kyrie

Quote from yesterday. When did this guy become so unlikeable? I am genuinely embarrassed that he is associated with Duke.

"That's a deeper dive man, I honestly think that it's just probably a...

Boy, I hear what you are saying, but that MLK reference is about as tone deaf as one can be. Ick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Boy, I hear what you are saying, but that MLK reference is about as tone deaf as one can be. Ick.
    He literally gets more embarrassing by the day.

The reason I came to DBR to post about Kyrie was to see if the tone was different from some other corners of the internet. And it is. But anyone defending him at this point is doing so through Duke blue colored glasses IMO.

Anyway... I understand loud and clear that my posts aren’t appreciated, and I understand why. I’ll go away (again) now. I hope Kyrie stops displaying such a lack of self awareness on a daily basis so no one here has to defend his foolishness.

In other news, RJ out about a week with an ankle injury. Apparently it’s one of his longer injury related basketball absences. He’s been a durable guy.

In other, other news...JJ says “get off my lawn” to younger players, offers perspective on changing NBA priorities. This guy has a great set of options available to him when he’s done playing. I don’t always agree with his takes but they’re always thoughtful and worth listening to.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...m-than-winning

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Reddish with 22 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in a 1 point victory over San Antonio (8/13 fgs, 5/7 3pt, 1/1 ft).

Cam is averaging 41% for 3 pointers in his last 10 games.
    Kyle gets BUCKETS!
    https://youtu.be/NJWPASQZqLc

Watching the Pels game --- announcers just said JJ has now passed Kobe for 15th all time on the mad 3 pointers list. He's only 2 away from passing Chauncey Billups.

My gosh, Zion is a stellar 7-8 from the field while having played 15 minutes thus far. The game is tied 70-70 midway through the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Watching the Pels game --- announcers just said JJ has now passed Kobe for 15th all time on the mad 3 pointers list. He's only 2 away from passing Chauncey Billups.
    Aaaannnnndddd, JJ just passed Chauncey to move to 14 on the list, according to the announcers.

Congrats JJ!

And he just now passed Billups and is alone in 14th place. JR Smith is next on the list. JJ will have to wait a few games to catch JR, though, as he's 98 ahead of JJ as of the end of the third quarter.

EDIT: And a cool thing is that JJ has a higher 3P% than everyone ahead of him on the list except for Curry and Corver.

Zion wasn't the only Dukie with a beastly block tonight.

JJ's career started 10 years too early unfortunately. Imagine if he came into the league in like 2016. He'd be making 400 3s a year for 15 years.

That's darn impressive. Gives you a sense of what Giles could be doing on the regular if not for his long history of injury.

JJ's career started 10 years too early unfortunately. Imagine if he came into the league in like 2016. He'd be making 400 3s a year for 15 years.
    Hadn't considered on that but, you're right, if he'd come into the league a bit later he'd almost certainly enjoyed higher shot volumes.

Apparently, the Pelicans game against the Celtics tomorrow evening will be televised on ESPN. Besides the excitement of Zion’s third game, it will be fun to see all those Dukies on the floor together. Remember Jason Tatum and Frank Jackson played together at Duke.

and a tip of the Duke chapeau to Ojeleye as well...