Page 57 of 99 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1967
    That figures. Kyrie's game winning 3 against the outstretched hands of Stephen Curry was an epic moment in NBA finals lore.
    Kauhai Leonard's winning 3 against the 76'ers and Damon Lillard's 35+ foot 3 were nearly as memorable.

Ingram lights it up for 49 against Jazz. Granted the game went to OT, but he was 15-25 from the floor and 16-20 from the line. He had 8 rebounds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TKG View Post
    Ingram lights it up for 49 against Jazz. Granted the game went to OT, but he was 15-25 from the floor and 16-20 from the line. He had 8 rebounds as well.
    My apologies to bundabergdevil for the redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    On March 12, 2015 Kyrie Irving took the floor against the defending NBA champion San Antonio Spurs and delivered the best scoring performance in Cavaliers history. He shot 20-of-32 from the field, while connecting at a perfect rate from 3-point range (7-of-7) and from the free-throw line (10-of-10) for a franchise-record 57 points. Irving added five assists, three rebounds and four steals, while turning the ball over just twice during the effort, as he guided his Cavaliers team to a 128-125 victory.
    You are correct. This morning, I woke up and remembered Kyrie (how could I forget?)

The Ingram/Zion show will be entertaining. Ingram is learning to be a big dog

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    I can’t find a better one.
    Here's my list of top Duke scorers in the pros:

Kyrie scored 57 against San Antonio on March 12, 2015.
    Ingram at 49
    Bob Verga at 49 against Va Squires (ABA), March 27, 1971; also had 48 two times
    Grant Hill at 46
    Elton at 44
    Gminski at 44
    Gene Banks at 44
    Mullins at 43
    Jack Marin at 42
    Boozer at 41
    JJ Redick at 40

Other Duke retired jerseys:
    Dick Groat at 25 (only one NBA season)
    Art Heyman at 37 times two (ABA)
    Shelden Williams at 21
    Jay Williams at 26 (one season)
    Bobby Hurley at 17 (also had 17 assists in one game)
    Johnny Dawkins at 30
    Shane at 33
    Danny Ferry at 32
    Laettner at 37

Who did I miss?
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post

Ingram at 49
    Grant Hill at 46
    Elton at 44
    Gminski at 44
    Gene Banks at 44
    Mullins at 43
    Jack Marin at 42
    Boozer at 41
    JJ Redick at 40
    G Allen 40 Against the Clippers in L.A.

Shelden Williams at 21
    Johnny Dawkins at 30
    Shane at 33
    Danny Ferry at 32
    Laettner at 37

Who did I miss?
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    That figures. Kyrie's game winning 3 against the outstretched hands of Stephen Curry was an epic moment in NBA finals lore.
    Kauhai Leonard's winning 3 against the 76'ers and Damon Lillard's 35+ foot 3 were nearly as memorable.
    Kyrie's shot and LBJ's block are arguably the most iconic NBA plays of the 2010s. They'll be the capstone plays in their respective HOF montages. That series - its ups and downs - will go down as one of the best (most entertaining, at least) series in NBA history.

Ingram at 49
    Grant Hill at 46
    Elton at 44
    Gminski at 44
    Gene Banks at 44
    Mullins at 43
    Jack Marin at 42
    Boozer at 41
    JJ Redick at 40

Shelden Williams at 21
    Johnny Dawkins at 30
    Shane at 33
    Danny Ferry at 32
    Laettner at 37

Who did I miss?
    Isn’t Gminski’s jersey retired? Or, am I missing the point of the exercise?

The list at the bottom was "other" Duke players with jerseys retired. Gminski is in the first group. As are Mullins, Hill, and Redick, who also have retired jerseys.

I see what you're saying. But Grant and Mullins jerseys are retired as well.
    I see several deserving names on the list that aren't hanging in the rafters. Marin, Verga and Banks come to mind quickly but I don't want to bring that subject up as it's been discussed many times over the years.

GoDuke!

It was a logical filter of Duke players with 40+ points in the NBA/ABA. Then, of the remaining Duke players, what was the most points scored by those with retired jerseys not previously listed.

Terse wording on my part. To say it differently, I listed all the Dukies who scored 40 points in an NBA/ABA game. I then realized that it only included three of our players with retired jerseys. So I added those nine at the bottom.
    Sage Grouse

'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

Quote Originally Posted by nmduke2001 View Post
    You are correct. This morning, I woke up and remembered Kyrie (how could I forget?)
    Yeah, when Kyrie is on — and he clearly was that night! — he’s nearly unstoppable.

In addition to putting up 49, Ingram hit a shot with .2 seconds left to put the Pels up 1. A foul was called on Jaxson Hayes during the inbound play as Jaxson and Rudy Gobert were fighting for position in the paint. Last week the Jazz beat the Pelicans on a play where Gobert fouled Ingram at the end of the game (very clear foul, chopped the shooting arm on an attempted layup). The call was so bad that the NBA came out and said the refs screwed it up (they didn't give Ingram his FT's however and the loss stands). Last night's call was less objectionable but looked to me like one of those things that you just don't call in that situation.

Needless to say the Pelicans fans are pretty pissed and don't know why the refs feel the need to elevate the Jazz. Note, I'm not saying I agree with that but I know that's how they feel from reading their online reactions. Have to admit, if those 2 calls had happed to the Blue Devils I'd be super pissed off too.

Anyway, mostly I wanted to point out the clutch basket by Ingram at the end of the game. It was a great shot in that situation. I'm glad the Pels (aka Duke South) won in OT, I thought they deserved it.

It was a logical filter of Duke players with 40+ points in the NBA/ABA. Then, of the remaining Duke players, what was the most points scored by those with retired jerseys not previously listed.

Terse wording on my part. To say it differently, I listed all the Dukies who scored 40 points in an NBA/ABA game. I then realized that it only included three of our players with retired jerseys. So I added those nine at the bottom.
    My bad for walking in during the middle of the movie and then asking to be brought up to speed.

Quote Originally Posted by CameronBlue View Post
    FIFY
    Also, Corey Maggette with a career high of 39.
    Sage Grouse

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    In addition to putting up 49, Ingram hit a shot with .2 seconds left to put the Pels up 1. A foul was called on Jaxson Hayes during the inbound play as Jaxson and Rudy Gobert were fighting for position in the paint. Last week the Jazz beat the Pelicans on a play where Gobert fouled Ingram at the end of the game (very clear foul, chopped the shooting arm on an attempted layup). The call was so bad that the NBA came out and said the refs screwed it up (they didn't give Ingram his FT's however and the loss stands). Last night's call was less objectionable but looked to me like one of those things that you just don't call in that situation.

Needless to say the Pelicans fans are pretty pissed and don't know why the refs feel the need to elevate the Jazz. Note, I'm not saying I agree with that but I know that's how they feel from reading their online reactions. Have to admit, if those 2 calls had happed to the Blue Devils I'd be super pissed off too.

Anyway, mostly I wanted to point out the clutch basket by Ingram at the end of the game. It was a great shot in that situation. I'm glad the Pels (aka Duke South) won in OT, I thought they deserved it.
    In the big scheme of things, I'm OK with the Pels being screwed on calls now. It is money in the karma bank, the backlash will benefit them in the long run (the league office HATES to admit the refs were wrong, particularly when its is the same team getting screwed), the losses improve the Pels draft stock in a year they weren't going to do much (seven games out of the #7 spot, 3.5 back of the #8 playoff spot - battling SEVEN teams within 4 games of that last spot), and it boosts the Jazz's spot in the playoffs - currently at #4 and moving up, 1 game out of #2.

It will be interesting to see which teams go into full tank mode - generally precipitated by trading stars and choosing instead to "develop" young players. A fairly sure bet is the Pistons who are looking to "dump" Andre Drummond, and have some young talent that could really use game experience.

Right now, there are TWELVE teams in the NBA between 20-22 and 15-27, a FIVE game margin in the standings. They are generally "fighting" for the bottom three playoff spots, or for their position in the lottery. Golden State and Atlanta are separating themselves at the bottom, with NY, Cleveland, and Washington within striking (strike out?) distance.

Ingram at 49
    Grant Hill at 46
    Elton at 44
    Gminski at 44
    Gene Banks at 44
    Mullins at 43
    Jack Marin at 42
    Boozer at 41
    JJ Redick at 40

Shelden Williams at 21
    Johnny Dawkins at 30
    Shane at 33
    Danny Ferry at 32
    Laettner at 37

Who did I miss?
    Grayson at 40 (thanks to Cameron Blue)
    Jayson Tatum at 41

Maggette at 39
    Sage Grouse

Grayson at 40 (thanks to Cameron Blue)
    Jayson Tatum at 41

Maggette at 39
    Deng scored 40 for the Bulls.

Bagley's career best is 32 (so far), and Carter's is 28.

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Deng scored 40 for the Bulls.

Bagley's career best is 32 (so far), and Carter's is 28.
    Thanks -- I forgot about Luol

Jah's is 31
    RJ Barrett's is 27
    Cam's is 25
    Harry Giles's is 20
    Sage Grouse