Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,500 of 1967
    Just read this.
    Lindsey Harding talking to Chip Engelland. Photo of Zion Williamson in practice with Teresa Witherspoon. Thought this might be interesting to Duke fans that follow the NBA.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-women-coaches

It's a trap!

As if I needed more bad news.

Knicks targeting Elton Brand as GM?

BleacherReport re-drafts the class of 2002, which featured Williams, Dunleavy Jr, and Boozer, as well as other ACC notables like Juan Dixon.

Boozer, not surprisingly, fares the best and is the new 3 pick; originally he was in the second round. Dunleavy Jr stays roughly where he is and Williams falls to the last pick from the original 2.

TNT's Ernie Johnson has a half-hour interview with Zion Williamson as part of his #NBATogether series.

Some new Game of Zones are up. The latest installment has some funny Duke alum appearances, including Laettner and the Plumlees.

JJ has a new podcast in which he interviews Seth Curry. Lots of interesting stuff in there about their time at Duke, Seth's journey to the NBA, and the mysterious player in the NBA that JJ apparently hates.

@BobbyMarks42
    Tyus Jones was 1 Memphis Grizzlies win away from a $858K bonus when the season was halted. What happens to Jones and the other 25 plus players with incentives in their contract?

New Bern, NC unless it's a home football game then I'm grilling on Devil's Alley
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Dat View Post
    @BobbyMarks42
    Tyus Jones was 1 Memphis Grizzlies win away from a $858K bonus when the season was halted. What happens to Jones and the other 25 plus players with incentives in their contract?
    Team owners crack open a bottle of champagne.
    Q "Why do you like Duke, you didn't even go there." A "Because my art school didn't have a basketball team."

@BobbyMarks42
    Wow. That stinks.

@BobbyMarks42
    With all the significant, life-changing suffering going on around the country/world today, it’s very hard for me to be concerned about NBA players’ missing out on their financial incentives.

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Area Duke Fan View Post
    With all the significant, life-changing suffering going on around the country/world today, it’s very hard for me to be concerned about NBA players’ missing out on their financial incentives.
    yeah, he's on a three year, $26 million contract right now, so I can think of some folks doing less well.

@BobbyMarks42
    I strongly suspect the season is not over yet. If it is, I would imagine the PA will advocate for pro-rating win/stat bonuses based on how many games got played.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Just saw this and I don't think it is posted elsewhere - nice interview in The Ringer with Quinn about how he has been working out, returning to the Lakers facilities and what he thinks of potential plans for the season.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2020/5...lando-playoffs

Since the world loves lists:

JJ ranked 11 in CBS Sportsline’s greatest shooters in NBA history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...-to-ray-allen/

Quote Originally Posted by Kdogg View Post
    Since the world loves lists:

JJ ranked 11 in CBS Sportsline’s greatest shooters in NBA history.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/t...-to-ray-allen/
    I love JJ, but Larry Bird absolutely gets my vote as the best shooter in NBA history. And no one better come in here and tell me I’m crazy with that opinion. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDukie View Post
    I love JJ, but Larry Bird absolutely gets my vote as the best shooter in NBA history. And no one better come in here and tell me I’m crazy with that opinion. LOL
    Better pure shooter than Steph Curry? Better than Reggie Miller?

Methinks not.

17. Kyle Korver and Steve Kerr seem too high on this list. A great shooter imo isn't just one who can make open catch-and-shoot situations, but one who can make difficult shots at a high efficiency while being closely guarded.

Quote Originally Posted by ice-9 View Post
    Kyle Korver and Steve Kerr seem too high on this list. A great shooter imo isn't just one who can make open catch-and-shoot situations, but one who can make difficult shots at a high efficiency while being closely guarded.
    I would disagree. A great shooter is one who can put it in the basket when taking the shot. A smart shooter is one who takes good shots. A great scorer is who you describe.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Better pure shooter than Steph Curry? Better than Reggie Miller?

Methinks not.
    Best shooter with guys in his face or wide open. Absolutely. And that's with the caveat that he was never the same after the softball incident. Curry would be #2 on my list. Without the benefit of seeing how he'd fare in Bird's era, I'm giving the nod to Larry Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by Indoor66 View Post
    I would disagree. A great shooter is one who can put it in the basket when taking the shot. A smart shooter is one who takes good shots. A great scorer is who you describe.
    I agree with Ice-9's take. As good as Kerr and Korver were/are, they were never the focal point of opposing defenses the way that Curry, Miller, Bird or Allen were. They tended to play off the play-makers and get wide-open looks. Curry, et. al. had to take a lot more 3-pointers with a hand in their face.