Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768
Results 1,341 to 1,355 of 1355
  1. #1341
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Kyrie Irving elected VP of the NBA Players Association today, reported via Woj tweet.
    An important honor from his peers. Also, his off-court work as Uncle Drew has been hugely successful, and he may have some insights valuable to the NBPA.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  2. #1342
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    An important honor from his peers. Also, his off-court work as Uncle Drew has been hugely successful, and he may have some insights valuable to the NBPA.
    I've been extremely critical of his off court weirdness, but this suggests other players see something quite different in him. Glad to see it.

  3. #1343
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Rougemont Nebulae
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    That is just hilarious!


    They must like him! They really, really like him!


    I wonder if he will fight for players to get hazardous duty play if they are scheduled to play too close to an edge of the Earth?
    You know that's snide and uncalled for and really, really funny.

  4. #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    An important honor from his peers. Also, his off-court work as Uncle Drew has been hugely successful, and he may have some insights valuable to the NBPA.
    As a Duke fan, I for one am happy for him.

  5. #1345
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Kyrie out indefinitely. Shocking that he would miss more games than he would play during the season KD is out 🙄

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    Kyrie out indefinitely. Shocking that he would miss more games than he would play during the season KD is out 🙄
    Shocking to see more Kyrie hate from Boston fans here.

  7. #1347
    Quote Originally Posted by BD80 View Post
    That is just hilarious!


    They must like him! They really, really like him!


    I wonder if he will fight for players to get hazardous duty play if they are scheduled to play too close to an edge of the Earth?
    Come on - everyone knows there is a giant wall keeping all the water in. Letís not get silly here.

  8. #1348
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Outside Philly
    Quote Originally Posted by dukelifer View Post
    Come on - everyone knows there is a giant wall keeping all the water in. Letís not get silly here.
    This has been my only real beef with KI --- teacher friends have complained to me (multiple teachers, in very different geographies) that they've seen an uptick in kids talking about the earth being flat. Like, from zero 5 years ago to several kids in a class. Plenty of reasons for this (looking at you, internet) but Kyrie has been cited a few times, too. I believe he was confronted by a teacher about it and it did affect him...so, that's good.

  9. #1349
    Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    Kyrie out indefinitely. Shocking that he would miss more games than he would play during the season KD is out 🙄
    I'll defend your right to criticize Kyrie's play and offcourt behavior - some of it I disagree with more than others. But please don't mock an injury to a Blue Devil, past or present.

  10. #1350
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    I'll defend your right to criticize Kyrie's play and offcourt behavior - some of it I disagree with more than others. But please don't mock an injury to a Blue Devil, past or present.
    I'm not mocking his injury. It is just... interesting how and when these things tend to pop up for him.

  11. #1351
    Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    I'm not mocking his injury. It is just... interesting how and when these things tend to pop up for him.
    Yes, quite mysterious. It's almost as though the style of play he uses puts his body in harm's way quite frequently.

  12. #1352
    Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    I'm not mocking his injury. It is just... interesting how and when these things tend to pop up for him.
    Can you explain the trend? It seems like this season is the one where he is missing a ton of games, but he has never been consistently healthy. He has played 51, 59, 71, 75, 53, 72, 60, and 67 games in previous seasons. Seems like he usually gets hurt once or twice a season and misses some time, and this has been consistent throughout his career. This year has been an exceptionally poor season in terms of health. I don't think 1 example is enough to call it a trend, especially in light of the actual injury. Shoulder impingement is not something with an obvious timeline. As someone who has dealt with hip impingement, it eventually required surgery and a long rehab process but was still the end of my competitive running career because I tried to run through it for too long before surgery. I have no idea how real Kyrie's injury is, but he seems like a very competitive guy. I have no reason to believe that there is anything more to the injury than the injury itself.

  13. #1353
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaephon View Post
    Can you explain the trend? It seems like this season is the one where he is missing a ton of games, but he has never been consistently healthy. He has played 51, 59, 71, 75, 53, 72, 60, and 67 games in previous seasons. Seems like he usually gets hurt once or twice a season and misses some time, and this has been consistent throughout his career. This year has been an exceptionally poor season in terms of health. I don't think 1 example is enough to call it a trend, especially in light of the actual injury. Shoulder impingement is not something with an obvious timeline. As someone who has dealt with hip impingement, it eventually required surgery and a long rehab process but was still the end of my competitive running career because I tried to run through it for too long before surgery. I have no idea how real Kyrie's injury is, but he seems like a very competitive guy. I have no reason to believe that there is anything more to the injury than the injury itself.
    You're probably right. It felt like he was trying to minimize his games played this year to lighten his load since KD won't be there this year, so there isn't much point in exerting himself or risking further injury, etc.

  14. #1354
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Steamboat Springs, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    You're probably right. It felt like he was trying to minimize his games played this year to lighten his load since KD won't be there this year, so there isn't much point in exerting himself or risking further injury, etc.
    "It felt like" is an insulting accusation for an NBA All-Star masquerading as an emotional vibe. Please take this stuff elsewhere.

    That's even before we say that such a post on a public Duke fan forum is inappropriate.
    Sage Grouse

    ---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

  15. #1355
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    "It felt like" is an insulting accusation for an NBA All-Star masquerading as an emotional vibe. Please take this stuff elsewhere.

    That's even before we say that such a post on a public Duke fan forum is inappropriate.
    Thank you!

Similar Threads

  1. Dukies in the NFL, 2019 Season
    By Acymetric in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 209
    Last Post: 01-20-2020, 01:57 PM
  2. Dukies on the 2019 PGA/LPGA Tour
    By sagegrouse in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 274
    Last Post: 09-16-2019, 05:54 AM
  3. Dukies in the NBA All Star weekend 2019
    By Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-19-2019, 09:00 PM
  4. For Old Dukies Only
    By dukepsy1963 in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 03-30-2012, 11:47 PM
  5. Top 5 Dukies
    By lotusland in forum Elizabeth King Forum
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 01:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •