Page 58 of 99 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1967
    Quote Originally Posted by sagegrouse View Post
    Thanks -- I forgot about Luol

Jah's is 31
    RJ Barrett's is 27
    Cam's is 25
    Harry Giles's is 20
    Mike Lewis had 39 with the ABA Pittsburgh Pipers and Randy Denton 36 with the ABA Memphis Tams plus 25 with the Atlanta Hawks in 1976-77. 22 for Tate Armstrong with the Bulls and 22 for Mark Alarie with Les Boulez.
    Sage Grouse

---------------------------------------
    'When I got on the bus for my first road game at Duke, I saw that every player was carrying textbooks or laptops. I coached in the SEC for 25 years, and I had never seen that before, not even once.' - David Cutcliffe to Duke alumni in Washington, DC, June 2013

... 22 for Mark Alarie with Les Boulez.
    A Vaudeville act?

Duhon dropped 34 once.

Mike Lewis had 39 with the ABA Pittsburgh Pipers and Randy Denton 36 with the ABA Memphis Tams plus 25 with the Atlanta Hawks in 1976-77. 22 for Tate Armstrong with the Bulls and 22 for Mark Alarie with Les Boulez.
    You had to go an tinker with your initial scheme didn't you?

It was a logical filter of Duke players with 40+ points in the NBA/ABA. Then, of the remaining Duke players, what was the most points scored by those with retired jerseys not previously listed.

Terse wording on my part. To say it differently, I listed all the Dukies who scored 40 points in an NBA/ABA game. I then realized that it only included three of our players with retired jerseys. So I added those nine at the bottom.
    My wife calls this mansplaining.

I'm hearing that ESPN will now broadcast the Pelicans/Spurs game on 1/22 at 9:30 EST. The Zion effect.

Didn't Langdon have a big game with the Cavs when they were shopping him?

Some other career highs:

Rodney Hood - 32
    Gerald Henderson - 35
    Austin Rivers - 38
    Jabari Parker - 36
    Mike Dunleavy - 36

Quote Originally Posted by jimsumner View Post
    Didn't Langdon have a big game with the Cavs when they were shopping him?
    Trajan Langdon - 31

https://www.basketball-reference.com...011210CLE.html

Reddish with 22 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in a 1 point victory over San Antonio (8/13 fgs, 5/7 3pt, 1/1 ft).

Quote Originally Posted by Owen Meany View Post
    Reddish with 22 pts, 5 rebounds, 4 assists and 4 steals in a 1 point victory over San Antonio (8/13 fgs, 5/7 3pt, 1/1 ft).
    I just saw this! Great to see Cam have a strong game, at least stats-wise. He’s been struggling a bit. If he can get some reasonable consistency on his 3-point shot I think he’ll be okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven43 View Post
    I just saw this! Great to see Cam have a strong game, at least stats-wise. He’s been struggling a bit. If he can get some reasonable consistency on his 3-point shot I think he’ll be okay.
    Reddish has one of his first games that I expected he could be doing every game.It has taken him a long time to reach this point. For Cam's sake he really needs to do this on a consistent basis.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401161266
    Last edited by heyman25; 01-18-2020 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Adding ESPN recap

Quote Originally Posted by CDu View Post
    Duhon dropped 34 once.
    Where/how is Duhon these days? He only spent one season at ISU coaching; can’t find anything on his current status.

Here's my list of top Duke scorers in the pros:

Kyrie scored 57 against San Antonio on March 12, 2015.
    Ingram at 49
    Bob Verga at 49 against Va Squires (ABA), March 27, 1971; also had 48 two times
    Grant Hill at 46
    Elton at 44
    Gminski at 44
    Gene Banks at 44
    Mullins at 43
    Jack Marin at 42
    Boozer at 41
    JJ Redick at 40

Other Duke retired jerseys:
    Dick Groat at 25 (only one NBA season)
    Art Heyman at 37 times two (ABA)
    Shelden Williams at 21
    Jay Williams at 26 (one season)
    Bobby Hurley at 17 (also had 17 assists in one game)
    Johnny Dawkins at 30
    Shane at 33
    Danny Ferry at 32
    Laettner at 37

Who did I miss?
    Bob Verga loved his jump shot shooting style. Did he not average 26.1 pts per game (no 3 point shot) at Duke one season. His untimely illness cost the 1966 team a very good shot at a National Championship. I think they had a Sports Illustrated feature on the team with a photo of Verga with a poolstick playing pool.
    Mike Lewis Jack Marin and Verga all made the list from the 1966 Final 4 team.
    Last edited by heyman25; 01-18-2020 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Adding to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by heyman25 View Post
    Reddish has one of his first games that I expected he could be doing every game.It has taken him a long time to reach this point. For Cam's sake he really needs to do this on a consistent basis.
    https://www.espn.com/nba/recap?gameId=401161266
    You do you, but after watching Ingram's recent evolution, I've decided that I don't know a darn thing about what I should expect from any of these one-and-one talents.

The only person that knows anything is Jerry West. Everyone else can kick rocks, when it comes to expectations and career projections.

Quote Originally Posted by bundabergdevil View Post
    Where/how is Duhon these days? He only spent one season at ISU coaching; can’t find anything on his current status.
    I have it on good authority that Duhon was at Shooters tonight, just hanging with some grad school students.
    Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

Kyrie

Quote from yesterday. When did this guy become so unlikeable? I am genuinely embarrassed that he is associated with Duke.

"That's a deeper dive man, I honestly think that it's just probably a tell-tale sign of the career that I've had, some of the moves that I've made individually, and as well as coming to different environments and organizations, at the end of the day I always say it's an entertainment league, we're very drama filled, everything regurgitates on all these media platforms, which is part of our society, I can't really do anything about it, except really be a pillar in our locker room, be very communicative, and when I'm out there with the guys, just impact winning. That's really what it comes down to. It's not like I'm an a**-hole yelling at everybody in the friggin locker room all the time. You hear all these stories. At the end of the day my name was given to me by my grandfather, I'm very grateful, but it's in a lot of people's mouths all the time, it is what it is, I've earned that respect in terms of how great I am as a player, and there's still more goals I want to accomplish in this league, and I can't do it without improving an organization and winning a championship, and that's what it comes down to. So I'm going to continue to push, I'm going to continue to demand greatness out of myself, and demand greatness out of my teammates, and we go from there. If it's harsh as a leader, or if it's too much for anybody, you're not in our locker room, stay the f*** out. It's as simple as that."

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEvans View Post

I have it on good authority that Duhon was at Shooters tonight, just hanging with some grad school students.
    I think you're joking...I hope you're joking! Duhon had resigned from Marshall after violating the terms of his aggravated DUI agreement. He apparently just spent one season at Illinois State University as an assistant. Just hope the guy is doing well.

Quote Originally Posted by npdevil27 View Post
    Quote from yesterday. When did this guy become so unlikeable? I am genuinely embarrassed that he is associated with Duke.

"That's a deeper dive man, I honestly think that it's just probably a tell-tale sign of the career that I've had, some of the moves that I've made individually, and as well as coming to different environments and organizations, at the end of the day I always say it's an entertainment league, we're very drama filled, everything regurgitates on all these media platforms, which is part of our society, I can't really do anything about it, except really be a pillar in our locker room, be very communicative, and when I'm out there with the guys, just impact winning. That's really what it comes down to. It's not like I'm an a**-hole yelling at everybody in the friggin locker room all the time. You hear all these stories. At the end of the day my name was given to me by my grandfather, I'm very grateful, but it's in a lot of people's mouths all the time, it is what it is, I've earned that respect in terms of how great I am as a player, and there's still more goals I want to accomplish in this league, and I can't do it without improving an organization and winning a championship, and that's what it comes down to. So I'm going to continue to push, I'm going to continue to demand greatness out of myself, and demand greatness out of my teammates, and we go from there. If it's harsh as a leader, or if it's too much for anybody, you're not in our locker room, stay the f*** out. It's as simple as that."
    You would have hated "I'm the Greatest", Muhammed Ali/Cassius Clay. But he backed it up by being the greatest of his time. Some would say, Kyrie is in the discussion of being one of the greatest point guards. I think Kyrie loves Duke and he was one of the greatest point guards to play at Duke. I just wish he hadn't been injured because I think Duke wins it all in 2011. Matter of fact, Coach K has said he thinks Duke had a good chance to go undefeated that season. That's how good Kyrie was and is.

GoDuke!

Quote Originally Posted by jv001 View Post
    You would have hated "I'm the Greatest", Muhammed Ali/Cassius Clay. But he backed it up by being the greatest of his time. Some would say, Kyrie is in the discussion of being one of the greatest point guards. I think Kyrie loves Duke and he was one of the greatest point guards to play at Duke. I just wish he hadn't been injured because I think Duke wins it all in 2011. Matter of fact, Coach K has said he thinks Duke had a good chance to go undefeated that season. That's how good Kyrie was and is.

GoDuke!
    No one would say Kyrie is even among the best point guards today, let alone all time. He is possibly the worst leader that I have ever seen in terms of a star professional athlete. He has absolutely zero self awareness.