Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Might be mistaken, but I feel there's FAR less "dives" in the women's game.
    Could be - I don't watch enough to make a good comparison but there is some. I was responding to crimsondevil's comment with a way to limit any potential acting so that a player with better PK skills could take the PK.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Devil.91.92.01.10.15 View Post
    Might be mistaken, but I feel there's FAR less "dives" in the women's game.
    You're not mistaken. I know quite a few casual soccer fans who simply will not watch the men's games. The dives turn off the American casual soccer fan.

As for the USWNT. I loved watching the game and seeing them win and celebrate. I was at a watch party hosted by the parents of a player I coached for a few years. Having about a dozen other adults and even more kids and teens to celebrate with was fantastic. I even ran into a guy I used to play indoor with something like 25 years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by elvis14 View Post
    You're not mistaken. I know quite a few casual soccer fans who simply will not watch the men's games. The dives turn off the American casual soccer fan.

As for the USWNT. I loved watching the game and seeing them win and celebrate. I was at a watch party hosted by the parents of a player I coached for a few years. Having about a dozen other adults and even more kids and teens to celebrate with was fantastic. I even ran into a guy I used to play indoor with something like 25 years ago!
    My daughter snuck into my room and snatched my jersey to wear it during the game. It was on at 8 am for us, which is perfect for a family with young kids. I think it is the first sporting event she has watched with me start to finish since some basketball game that kept her up past bedtime on a Monday in April 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by cato View Post
    My daughter snuck into my room and snatched my jersey to wear it during the game. It was on at 8 am for us, which is perfect for a family with young kids. I think it is the first sporting event she has watched with me start to finish since some basketball game that kept her up past bedtime on a Monday in April 2015.
    What a great way to spend a Sunday morning! I can't remember the last time my daughters watched a sporting event with me start to finish. They both play soccer but neither watch it...or any other sport. Ironic since I watch so many programs that are sports or sports related.

I do remember that game in April 2015, however :-)

Holy !#^^!%%!

There is an Alex Morgan tea-sipping bobble head. No household is complete without one of these!

Why are you wasting time here when you could be wasting it by listening to the latest episode of the DBR Podcast?

I only fear that the trade war with China could imperil our ability to own such valuable mementos in the future. Shame! The entire bobblehead industry hangs in the balance...